GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Nancy Drew:Treasure in the Royal Tower-Purple Rose #103337
07/01/02 06:10 PM
07/01/02 06:10 PM
L
lindsaygirl Offline OP
Junior Boomer
lindsaygirl  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
L

Hey, I'm new to these message boards and I have been looking for some message boards to ask this question about the Nancy Drew game "Treasure in the Royal Tower". I have gotten very far and now I am in the gold room where you place the three medallions on the floor and then you need a key. Well, I was going through a walk-though and it says to go up to Marie's portrait and you will get a highlighted cursor over the purple rose and then use the tin night's thing to scrape away to get the key. Well, I can't get up to the painting! I see the portrait and I put my cursor over it and nothing happens. No highlighted magnifying glass. So I try to get closer and I can't find a way to get closer! Please help! I need someone to explin how to get to her picture. The medallions thing in the middle of the room is in my way. Thanks in advance, Lindsay

Re: Nancy Drew:Treasure in the Royal Tower-Purple Rose #103338
07/01/02 07:17 PM
07/01/02 07:17 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
Bear to the right. Should get another puzzle to solve. Can't go straight across so just go around against the wall.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: Nancy Drew:Treasure in the Royal Tower-Purple Rose #103339
07/01/02 07:20 PM
07/01/02 07:20 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Hi Lindsay, and welcome to GameBoomers!

When I played this one, I had trouble in exactly the same place, because I hadn't looked through the peephole with each one of the medallions (I only looked through one to see what the peephole was all about.)

Here are some more tips for things you might have missed:

If you come to the part where you should get a highlighted cursor and can't maybe you missed something. Here are a few common things missed:

Did you read the book about Marie Antoinette on the table near the spiral staircase in the library? Did you give Prof. Hotchkiss the diary you found in the tower and ask her to translate it. Did you later read the translation and also the coder page? The coder is to the left of the typewriter. When you look at the decoder Nancy will say, "Purple Rose holds diamond key of Queen!"

When you looked through the peep hole, did you look through with each of the medallions? Do you have the medallions in the proper order? Red left, blue right and green below.

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, oldbroad), 355 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users