GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
myst 3 #111892
09/03/02 01:28 PM
09/03/02 01:28 PM
wv
S
same Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
same  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

wv
i am in amateria i am at the5 pagodas at the first dial i set at 10........that where my brain locks up i am stuck as to what i do now after i set the dial to 10 i walk back do i go through the force field or not i have tried both ways i cant seem to find the tunnel i am suppose to find help

Re: myst 3 #111893
09/03/02 03:36 PM
09/03/02 03:36 PM
wv
S
same Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
same  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

wv
ok in the wt from bert i am at the part that says walk through the rails to the central pagoda and to dave your game i did that then follow the rails to the right and you are standing in front of the ring with the force field you go to the dial on the left and set the dial to 10 the you come back and it says goto the left walk straight ahead until you are facing a small tunnel i cant find the tunnel

Re: myst 3 #111894
09/03/02 04:11 PM
09/03/02 04:11 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Same, you have to trace the ice-ball's path through the rings, setting each one's controls. It would be hard for anyone to describe the correct path to take so that someone else could follow. The method I used was to set one ring's controls at a time then go send another ball through to see which ring is next. Then I'd go fix it, etc.

I didn't have much success trying to tell where the ball would go next from looking at the tracks so I'd try it each time to see where it went next. Hope this helps.

Tom
Re: myst 3 #111895
09/03/02 06:30 PM
09/03/02 06:30 PM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
Same, enclosed is the description from Prima's official strategy guide that may help you - it's under the section titled "Setting the Resonance Rings." Note - I've included the entire solution - the part where you appear to be stuck is just the first of five dials, so if you don't want to know the entire solution, cover this message with a piece of paper & just read through the first ring - the one that is set at 10 o'clock. Try substituting the word "opening" for "tunnel" in the solution - I wouldn's have called it a tunnel, but others probably would.

WARNING - SPOILER:

The Central Tower is behind you & the looping arms of the track ahead of you. At the tip of each track loop, you'll find a resonance ring & its frequency control dial.

Walk STRAIGHT through the small pagoda-covered intersection - don't veer off onto 1 of the crossing tracks under the pagoda! Follow the track out onto the arm loop. Soon you hear the resonating hum of the first resonance ring, & you see the ripple of its clear concentric vibrations. These sonic vibrations cause the ice sphere to shatter when it attempts to pass through them. You, however, can walk right through it if you want. But - don't walk through the ring yet.

Walk past the ring down the ramp extending to a small dial on a post. Zoom in on the dial for a close-up.

The dial has a pointer that you can move to 5 different positions. Click on the gear at the 10 o'clock position to move the pointer there. As you do, the crystal's frequency changes. Walk back to the ring & then duck through it. For a second, as you stand within the ring itself, the camera shakes. Follow the curve of the track downward through the lower tunnel in the pagoda, another 4-way intersection. Veer slightly right (not a hard right) & head up to the curve of the next arm.

Step into the resonance ring - you should see the Central Tower vibrating madly in front of you. Turn right & walk over to the dial - the collapsing "whale-bone" basalt columns will be to your left. Click on the gear at the very top to set the pointer to the 12 o'clock position. Again, you'll hear a change in the ring's resonating sound. Return to the track - follow it straight thru the pagoda intersection to the 3rd arm.

Walk over to the dial - across the water behind the dial you should see dozens of hexagonal pools. Set the pointer to the 2 o'clock position. Walk to the left thru the 3rd resonance ring & head down to the lower track intersection. After you enter the intersection, pivot slightly to the right & go thru the middle of the 3 openings to proceed to the 4th resonance ring.

Set this dial's pointer to 4 o'clock. Follow the track heading upward & straight thru the pagoda to the 5th & final ring.

Follow the ramp to the dial - you should be looking directly down at the hexagonal pools with the Turntable Tracks Structure visible in the near distance. Set the dial's pointer to the 6 o'clock position.

Step back onto the track, pivot slightly right, & follow it upward to the pagoda intersection. In the intersection, turn left so you're facing the Central Tower. Walk toward the tower until the track ends, then scramble down over the collapsed columns to Saavedro's cave.

Christine
Re: myst 3 #111896
09/04/02 09:07 AM
09/04/02 09:07 AM
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer
girlgeek  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Being that this is my favorite game of all time, let me try to help you here!

To determine how to get to the "next" pagoda that needed its timing set to 10, 12, 2, 4, and 6...

First....I used the walkthrough to tell me WHICH pagodas were next. The walkthrough I used has a little map that numbers the pagodas for you.

Next....after setting the timing on one, I would return to the large CENTRAL pagoda, because it's easier to look around from there and see where you need to go next.

Here's the link to the EXCELLENT walkthrough that I used when I got stuck. I know there is a Gameboomers walkthrough, but with all due respect...this one is much better and more clear to follow.

http://www.the-spoiler.com/Sinjin/MYST3/exilewalk.htm

It's called Sinjin's Guide to the Ages. You just click on the book at the top of the screen that represents the age you need help in, in this case the Amateria book.

Good luck, and let me know if you get stuck again. Whatever you do....don't quit. This game gives you EXCELLENT rewards for solving puzzles! You will LOVE the end of Amateria and wow...Edanna, and, and, and, I could go on and on!

Lori
"girlgeek"

PLAYING ON PC: World of Warcraft...nothing else...there is no need for ANY other game when you have THIS one to play!! LOL
Re: myst 3 #111897
09/04/02 12:11 PM
09/04/02 12:11 PM
wv
S
same Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
same  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

wv
its me again i need help again i am trying to put the codes in and when i put the third one in it wont raise the last panel i have used both wt berts and shaw and kuderna what am i doing wrong

Re: myst 3 #111898
09/04/02 01:41 PM
09/04/02 01:41 PM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
The podium codes will not work until the structure it corresponds to is correctly set. A mechanism in the bridge checks this to keep explorers in the age safe. If you can't put in the blue code then there is something in the Resonance Ring Puzzle that is not correctly set.

Unless you want to go back to the beginning of the puzzle & do it all over again, I suggest that you take Witchen up on her offer & just use a saved game. I could send you the strategy guide's entire set of instructions for the puzzle in email, but it'll be fairly long, & it's probably just easier to use a saved game. Let me know, however, if you want the instructions, but be aware that I check my email at the beginning, noon, & around 6 pm only - all Pacific Standard Time.

Christine
Re: myst 3 #111899
09/04/02 02:48 PM
09/04/02 02:48 PM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Hi Same..As Christine mentions, you probably don't have the Sonic Ring puzzle solved. Take a look at this step-by-step instruction. Maybe it will help. If not, let me know and I will send you a save game right where the last bridge has come down and you can enter the Central Pagoda.

Best wishes, Witchen =O) smile

Re: myst 3 #111900
09/05/02 03:30 PM
09/05/02 03:30 PM
wv
S
same Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
same  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

wv
help........i am at the end i took the first wrong way and then went back to my save at the book and for the correct ending it says turn the power off and go back down to stand in the clear window and he will give you a book ......but he doesnt what iam i doing wrong

Re: myst 3 #111901
09/05/02 03:43 PM
09/05/02 03:43 PM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Hi Same....There is no really "correct ending" to MYSTIII. In fact there are at least eight major endings, some far more pleasant than others.

Did Saavedro ask you to lower the outer shield while he is out there in the little ship, and tell you if you did that, he would give you the Releeshahn book? That's the spot where its a good idea to save as the game can go one of many different ways from there.

Best wishes, Witchen =O:)

Re: myst 3 #111902
09/05/02 04:10 PM
09/05/02 04:10 PM
wv
S
same Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
same  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

wv
no didnt know he was supposed to i got the linking book and click on it and it took me to the beginning and the couple came out all dirty and the sav come out and the lady screamed

Re: myst 3 #111903
09/05/02 04:40 PM
09/05/02 04:40 PM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Hi there, Same....That's definitely one of the least desirable endings. You don't want Saavedro to be able to follow you back through the linking book to Tomahna.

WARNING SPOILER:

When you have the light panel puzzle solved, the outer shield melts and Saavedro runs in. This should happen in any scenario. He will play with the router switch and figure out that you need to lower the outside shield while he is in the gondola/ship, in order for him to get back to Narayan.

So, when he goes out on the platform, run up the stairs and turn off the power. Then go back down and move the router switch to the right. He should come to the place where the vines are across holding him back and beg for your mercy and hand you the book. If you link back to Tomahna then/immediately, you leave Saavedro forever trapped between the two shields.

If you don't want to punish him like that: Run up and shut off the power. Go back down and get the book from Saavedro in the vine window. Quickly flip the router switch to the right and go back up and turn on the power. Then the ending will be best for you and certainly best for him.

Love, Witchen =O) smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 221 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users