GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shivers 2 #112432
11/06/02 07:57 PM
11/06/02 07:57 PM
Seymour, TX.
Q
Quest for spirit Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Quest for spirit  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Q

Seymour, TX.
Can some one please help me figure out how to know what the combination is in the banks vault? I've put the decoder on the correct page, in the correct direction. But I'm not sure how to read the combination numbers and directions. I've tried several times in different orders, but nothing. Is there a lever I need to pull or something? Thanks in advance.

Re: Shivers 2 #112433
11/06/02 08:46 PM
11/06/02 08:46 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
I haven't played this one yet, but these directions seem to be the clearest that I saw. One important difference from an ordinary combination lock--notice that you don't have to go around past any numbers. Anyway, here's what it says: SPOILER
You need the decoder from Burt's trailer for this one. Once you have it, look at the vault door and notice the number and letter. Now, go to the wall safe and place the decoder in it on the page number that's on the vault door. Click the zebra on the decoder to turn it to the direction that's on the vault door, like S for south or N for north. The three numbers you are given are the combination. Read them top to bottom. The same with the letters. If you are given LLR, just click Left, Left, Right. This safe doesn't require passing a number or anything. Just click directly to your numbers. If you have trouble with this, enter and exit the bank until you get a N or S number, then repeat the above steps for reading the combination. You can also try the three numbers in different ways, such as, LRL, RLR, RRL. Those three numbers are all you need, so just keep at it with those.

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Shivers 2 #112434
11/06/02 10:52 PM
11/06/02 10:52 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Quest and Jenny,

Whatever WT that came from is slightly on the flaky side. That info ranges from misleading to outright WRONG.

First, the glaring ERROR: You click on the Zebra picture to turn the grid so that the notch in one edge points in the indicated direction.

To read the combo, read each line from left to right from the top down (like reading a page). The letters and numbers will alternate and you should have 3 letter-number pairs with the letters alternating (LRL or RLR).

You can try the numbers in different orders if you have lots of time to kill. Doing them in the order read and in the indicated direction is the correct way.

That WT is correct in the part that says that you don't need to turn past any numbers; stop on each number as soon as you come to it. It is also correct in saying that if one combination isn't working for you, you can leave and come back to get a different combo. However, there is nothing magical about N or S directions.

Hope this helps clear thing up.
Good luck! laugh thumbsup laugh

Tom
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LadyKestrel, 1 invisible), 251 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users