GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Riven help #100239
07/19/03 06:21 PM
07/19/03 06:21 PM
Marshfield WI
Kevin Wickham Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kevin Wickham  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Marshfield WI
I just got the Myst trilogy that I have been looking for that didn't cost over $60-$70. I found it for about a third of that price. I have played Myst before and was waiting for the other two so I could play them. I just started playing Riven and am now stuck at a certain point. I have gotten to the point were you have gotten out of the sub and went up the ladder to the 5 levers to extend the ladders. well, my uestion is "What Ladders?" I have pushed and pulled the levers in all the different positions and still can't see where the ladders are to b extended. Can anyone help and shed some light on this?

Re: Riven help #100240
07/19/03 07:02 PM
07/19/03 07:02 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
While you were exploring underwater in the sub you came to some "ports" where you were unable to get out -- the ladders weren't extended.

I don't remember if you can see all of those "ports" from the tower or not but you can see some of them well enough to tell if the ladders are out or not. You may have to do the others by trial-and-error.

-------------------------------------

After referring to my Riven guide, I'm not real sure you can see any of them from the tower. But one of the levers controls the port where you came up into the tower; experiment to find its lever and put all the levers in the same position.

Tom
Re: Riven help #100241
07/20/03 10:41 AM
07/20/03 10:41 AM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Had more time to check my guidebook this morning and it says that I was right the first time -- you can see all the ports and their ladders from the tower.

But, in any case, just knowing what the ladders are should be enough to let you figure it out.

Good luck.

Tom
Re: Riven help #100242
07/20/03 10:00 PM
07/20/03 10:00 PM
Marshfield WI
Kevin Wickham Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

Marshfield WI
Tom Sr I finally did what you are saying, I played and played with the levers and after each pull of the lever, I looked out the window and did find they are the ones from the different areas down below, so all I did was to play with the levers and before long I had all the ladders out and was able to get from area to area with no problem. So far this is a pretty good game. I even checked out EXILE a little bit and that one seems to be about the best one so far out of the three. I think I am going to enjoy playing that one. C'YA!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Riven help #100243
07/22/03 10:21 AM
07/22/03 10:21 AM
Marshfield WI
Kevin Wickham Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

Marshfield WI
HELP!!!!! I have gotten to the point where you go back to one of the golden domes and am attempting to open the linking book but have run into a snag. What in the world is the code that will allow me me to enter into the linking book. I think I am at the one on map island. I just am able to get to this dome. Like I said I have been trying to get into the book so I can finish this one and go onto EXILE. HELP!!!!

Re: Riven help #100244
07/22/03 10:48 AM
07/22/03 10:48 AM
Battle Creek, Michigan
MacDee Offline
Adept Boomer
MacDee  Offline
Adept Boomer

Battle Creek, Michigan
Hi Kevin,

You can get into the fire dome right?

In order to use the linking books you must complete the Marble Puzzle in the big Gold Dome on the island where you started the game. Have you done that puzzle yet? wink

~Dee

Re: Riven help #100245
07/22/03 03:05 PM
07/22/03 03:05 PM
Marshfield WI
Kevin Wickham Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

Marshfield WI
MacDee--- Yes I have already done the Marble Puzzle and have successfully completed it. Now I am at the point where you are supposed to jump into the Linking Book to take you to the next to last part where you are put in prison again because of Gehn. Can you shed some light on this part for me? I am having trouble with the slider to open the linking book so I can continue. Help please!!!!

Re: Riven help #100246
07/22/03 06:01 PM
07/22/03 06:01 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
The code for those sliders to access the linking books is listed in Gehn's journal that you found in his lab. The code is randomly generated and is different for each game. It is five numbers, between 1 and 25, listed in ascending sequence. The Rivenese number system is used here so you'll have to decipher that. Then start with the last, highest, number and slide the right-most slider to it and proceed in a like manner with the next highest, etc. Then push the button; the sliders will all slide to their original position and, if the code is correct, the door will open.

As MacDee said, the marble puzzle has to be completed to supply power to the linking book. Without that power, gaining entry to the book is all in vain.

Tom
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 258 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users