GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109827
09/21/05 02:05 PM
09/21/05 02:05 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Post questions, comments, and advice here for the Age of Laki'ahn in Myst V: End of Ages.

Note: -- you may also create your own thread at any time if you have questions or need help for Myst V.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109828
09/24/05 02:06 PM
09/24/05 02:06 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
This was a very cool Age. Check out the laki'ahns swimming in the ocean (they show up occasionally).

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109829
09/24/05 02:20 PM
09/24/05 02:20 PM
D
DABhand Offline
Settled Boomer
DABhand  Offline
Settled Boomer
D

It was also an evil one, especially the wind machine and the cage O_o

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109830
09/24/05 05:56 PM
09/24/05 05:56 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
And the colosseum !!!

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109831
09/24/05 06:19 PM
09/24/05 06:19 PM
New Mexico
Kero Offline
Shy Boomer
Kero  Offline
Shy Boomer

New Mexico
help I'm stuck at the Jewlers door to the trade room. I know there is a simple solution to the puzzel think but I can't seem to get my mind wrapped around it. Please spoil it for me - I will be forever grateful. praise

thanks Kero

A little nonsence now and then is relished by the wisest (wo)men.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109832
09/24/05 06:42 PM
09/24/05 06:42 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Kero,

OK. The combination for what order to press the symbols is found on a piece of paper in the Trader's Room. You can see it by looking through the window from the front where you arrived in Laki'ahn. It is on a table near the left window (as you face the Trader's Room front door from outside).

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109834
09/24/05 08:13 PM
09/24/05 08:13 PM
New Mexico
Kero Offline
Shy Boomer
Kero  Offline
Shy Boomer

New Mexico
Is anyone having as much trouble with the elevator on the first floor of the fighter maze as I am? I put the slate on the pressure plate, run to the lever and pull it up then run to the elevator and it starts up - then a Bahro takes the slate and I'm heading back down. I've yet to make it to the second floor after at least 7 tries! woozy I've tried the slate on the plate and all around the edge and still the Bahro beats me. Am I missing something here?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109835
09/24/05 09:12 PM
09/24/05 09:12 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

I was having exactly the same problem Kero. This time, I waited till he appeared the first time and disappeared, then raised the counterweight (tablet still glowing on the pressure plate). Now he's come back...
I've been hanging about for five minutes on the elevator pad while the stupid Bahro stands staring as if mesmerized by the tablet on the pressure plate..I wish he'd get a move on a pick the darn thing up! He's not singing either!

Edit: Okay, so I thought I'd quit out and restart the game from savepoint..that didnt' work either. I seem to be just as stuck as you on the lower level, and I've tried this about 12 times now; getting pretty tired of running back for slates.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109836
09/24/05 09:24 PM
09/24/05 09:24 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Kero,

What symbol are you using on the slate? You need to use one that will keep the Bahro around for a while... long enough to get you up the elevator.

I used the singing symbol from the Yeesha journal where she talks about sining. Then I put down the slate in the center of the pressure plate. Then I slowly (Bahro won't come because you are still too close to the slate) walked over to the counter weight and pulled it up, then I faced the pressure plate and backed up onto the elevator. He stayed on the plate long enough for me to ride up and run off the elevator the first time.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109837
09/24/05 09:46 PM
09/24/05 09:46 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, I just tried your technique dadguy, but the Bahro is doing the same thing. He comes, looks at the slate with the singer on it, then disappears too fast and I come down again. No possible way to get off the elevator on the next floor. This last time, I had to time to slip off, raise the weight again, and when the Bahro came back he again only stayed a few seconds on the plate before linking out with the slate, bringing the lift down again before we'd even reached the upper floor.

Anyone else got any ideas how to get on the second floor?

Update: Okay, I went back a little to a savegame before I had first tackled the pressure plate/elevator puzzle, and used your technique dadguy.. it worked! Oh joy, now a maze! laugh

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109838
09/24/05 11:39 PM
09/24/05 11:39 PM
New Mexico
Kero Offline
Shy Boomer
Kero  Offline
Shy Boomer

New Mexico
Thank you dadguy - thank you, thank you, thank you - I bow praise to your superior wisdom. After my post here I took a break to eat supper. Read a little, then came here to see if someone had answered. I immediately tried your suggestion - using the singing symbol - and I am now on the second floor. Drdel - I know exactly how you feel. rolleyes But Myst isn't Myst without a maze.

thanks Kero

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109839
09/25/05 07:44 PM
09/25/05 07:44 PM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Dadguy! Don't know what moved you to go back thru the symbols in Yeesha's journals to notice the shape of the slate on the "singing" symbol...but it certainly was brilliant! I had tried the snake, figuring that would keep the Bahro there...but it didn't even phase him! Guess there are no snakes on Lak'i.

A thousand thanks for that tip-the only time I was stumped in this age. After Todelmer, everything seems a breeze! lol

TY again
Kate

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109840
09/25/05 08:50 PM
09/25/05 08:50 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
KateVa,

Did you notice that you can hear him "singing" down there? Being a computer nerd I look at all of the files in the program directory and the sounds are all identified there. All of the Bahro sounds are short, but the "Bahro SING" sound went on longer than all of the others. Aha! That's what we need...more time!

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109841
09/26/05 01:29 PM
09/26/05 01:29 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
Can you change the way you play the game in the middle of it or do I have to go back to the beginning as Player 2? I did not choose combined method and cannot back up to the elevator. Is that the problem? I keep having the same problem as Kero. I get to the second floor and the elevator drops before I can jump off. I was hoping Options would give me that choice but it doesn't.

Dutch

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109842
09/26/05 01:59 PM
09/26/05 01:59 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dogpenny:
Can you change the way you play the game in the middle of it or do I have to go back to the beginning as Player 2? I did not choose combined method and cannot back up to the elevator. Is that the problem? I keep having the same problem as Kero. I get to the second floor and the elevator drops before I can jump off. I was hoping Options would give me that choice but it doesn't.
Well, I have been just using Classic mode throughout, dogpenny, and that wasn't the problem - I had the same difficulty as Kero too.
After I'd messed around a bit myself with the elevator puzzle, I did have to go back a little to an earlier save in Laki'ahn prior to touching that puzzle before I could get dadguy's method to work though.

I'm not positive but I think if clicking your mouse scroll button doesn't make you back up, that would be something about the way your mouse is generally set up to work, and should be able to be adjusted under your Control Panel mouse control thingy. If you don't have a mouse scroll button at all, maybe you have a middle button? If no middle mouse button, I'm not sure if you can using the backing feature at all.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109844
09/26/05 02:07 PM
09/26/05 02:07 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
Still doesn't work the elevator goes almost to the 2nd floor and then drops before I can get off.

Dutch

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109845
09/26/05 02:09 PM
09/26/05 02:09 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dogpenny:
Still doesn't work the elevator goes almost to the 2nd floor and then drops before I can get off.
If you have an earlier save in Laki'ahn before you touched the elevator puzzle, try that dogpenny. That's the only way I got dadguy's backing method to work.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109846
09/26/05 03:37 PM
09/26/05 03:37 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Dutch, if the scroll button dosen't click down to back you uo, you can always use the DOWN-ARROW button to back up.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109847
09/26/05 06:47 PM
09/26/05 06:47 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
Will go back to a previous save and see if that works. Going back to previous save does nothing. I still cant get to the 2nd floor. Guess I am just stuck here spent most of yesterday afternoon and most of today trying to get there and it is beginning to cease to be fun anymore. I just don't know what else to do the scroll button works but I guess not fast enough. Just cant get past it no matter what I do or what I try think it is just hopeless at this point.

Dutch

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109848
09/26/05 08:50 PM
09/26/05 08:50 PM
Amarillo, TX USA
Bruce Fielder Offline
Settled Boomer
Bruce Fielder  Offline
Settled Boomer

Amarillo, TX USA
If it's any help, you can change the way you move around the game anytime. Simply move the cursor up the to options icon, the wrench one, and click on it. Then, you can open up the mouse control tab and select one of 3 options. You can also change it back later if you wish the same way.

The singing icon shown in one of Yeesha's journals is the only way I know of to keep the Bahro on the weight sensitive plate long enough to get the lift all the way up to the second floor area. I had to do it 4 times before I got the drawing correct enough for him to stay there on it.

Live by the Golden Rule at all times.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109849
09/26/05 08:56 PM
09/26/05 08:56 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

I went to the Myst forums and poked around to see if I could find anything else to help. One person mentioned that they had to make sure they tried the elevator priming once themselves ie. put your slate on the ground, raise the counterweight, then pick up your slate, and stand on the pressure plate yourself... elevator goes up. Then, when you get off the plate, it comes down again.

At that point you would draw your singer symbol, face the pressure plate and put the slate down on it...back up one step, turn to left and raise the counterweight again, then back slowly (two little clicks) onto the elevator pad..and wait a second for Bahro to come and do his thing.

I know this must be terribly frustrating dogpenny, I certainly found it so when I was stuck for the longest time here repeating my actions. Speed of movement doesn't seem to be the important thing in this section fortunately...as dadguy says, you can back up slowly after raising the counterweight (which is too close to the pressure plate for the Bahro to feel comfortable coming).. it isn't until you've backed up two more steps with the mouse scroll onto the elevator pad that he feels confident enough to link in and step on the plate to see your drawing, and hopefully it'll keep him there just long enough for you to reach the top and run off.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109850
09/26/05 09:49 PM
09/26/05 09:49 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
THAT'S what I haven't been doing the first part with the slate and pressure pad raising the elevator first. Hopefully that is the problem thank you so much I will go back right now and try it. I went back primed the elevator twice and it still did not work it goes almost to the 2nd floor and drops down again before I can get off on the 2nd floor. I went back to a previous save primed the elevator and it STILL does not work is it possible there is something wrong with my game. I am really getting upset I paid $60 for the limited edition and cant get this part to work after the better part of 2 days. I have tried everything suggested even a few things I invented and NOTHING works.

Dutch

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109851
09/26/05 10:08 PM
09/26/05 10:08 PM
St. Helens, Oregon
Subman Offline
Junior Boomer
Subman  Offline
Junior Boomer

St. Helens, Oregon
After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.

When I set the slate down on the circular pressure plate with the correct singing symbol he does start to sing, However it is at this point I get stuck. I can't get near him or press the main elevator button until he leaves (without the plate) or he takes it with him. It also looks like he is standing on the pressure plate. Any ideas??

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109852
09/26/05 10:14 PM
09/26/05 10:14 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
One click toward the door from the elevator turn left lift the round red thing to the top. You have to prime the elevator first from what I understand I have had no luck getting to the 2nd floor however. Lift the round red switch walk to the pressure plate with the slate turn around you will see the elevator rise step off the plate and it will lower. Go back to the plate turn around put the sign on the slate drop it raise the round switch use your scroll button on your mouse to back up back up twice and the Bahro should step on the plate and with any luck at all you will get to the 2nd floor I wish you luck I sure haven't had any here.

Dutch

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109853
09/26/05 11:12 PM
09/26/05 11:12 PM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
HOORRRAYY!!!YYIIPPEE!!HIPPITY HOP!! I DID IT!!Don't ask me what I did but I got to the 2nd floor. I almost fainted when the elevator stopped on it.Now I have entered the Keep let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands. How do I link to K'veer to continue?

Dutch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users