GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally #193035
08/24/07 03:58 AM
08/24/07 03:58 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Having taken a leading role in the publishing of adventure games in Germany, DTP/ANACONDA is now looking to expand further into international markets. This will include publishing more adventure titles in English.
Quote:
“We’re proud to say that we brought adventure games in Germany, Austria and Switzerland back to life. More than five years ago, we took up to re-establish adventure games – nowadays, the German game market rejoices in pretty strong competition, of which we come off as market leader for years. Now, it’s time to set ourselves new targets”, dtp’s COO Markus Windelen said.

“We are taking up to bring back adventure games to their origin markets – especially North America. Adventure games have a big tradition there, nearly all releases by the market leaders of the past days, Lucas Arts and Sierra, still benefit from being cult. With clear designer legends and gaming concepts of today, we are giving back the adventure game genre its importance of then”, Windelen announces.

More details were made available at a press conference yesterday at the 2007 Leipzig Games Convention.

Quote:
The attendance of legendary adventure gaming designers at the press conference clearly marked these words: Hal Barwood, Noah Falstein (both Ex Lucas Arts – for example designed the Indiana Jones adventure games) and Steve Ince (Ex Virgin Interactive – designer of the “Broken Sword” series) presented their current projects which are being published by dtp. One was missing: Jane Jensen unfortunately couldn’t come over to Germany because of illness. She expressed her greetings in a video message.

For the first time, the attending journalists got a first look into the upcoming adventure game projects. The game designers presented current milestone versions and proved that they understand perfectly how to connect new influences into adventure game development with favoured features of their game classics. The journalists enjoyed presentations of Barwood and Falstein’s Mata Hari (developer: 4Head, Hanover, Germany – Release Q1 2008), So Blonde (Steve Ince, Developer: Wizarbox, Release in Germany: November 2, 2007) and Jane Jensen’s Gray Matter (Release in 2008 as well.)

Note -- the above release dates are for the German language versions. We're looking forward to the announcement of the English language release dates.

For a look at ANACONDA's adventure game lineup, visit the website here.

Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: Becky] #193068
08/24/07 07:49 AM
08/24/07 07:49 AM
United Kingdom
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer
Carla  Offline
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
That's a wonderful news Becky!

Carla happydance

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: Carla] #193208
08/24/07 02:28 PM
08/24/07 02:28 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Well, let me see, Overclocked, So Blonde, and Gray Matter are all certainly on my BAAG list. As for Mata Hari, I need more info on it before I make up my mind.
It does look as though DTP/ANACONDA are really serious about their new target to bring back adventure games to our shores.

To love is to be happy with!
Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: sierramindy] #193781
08/26/07 03:01 AM
08/26/07 03:01 AM
Yorkshire
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer
Diamond  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yorkshire
DTP are really working hard to expand adventure games once more. They had one of the busiest booths in the Business Hall and I had such a full schedule of interviews and demonstrations that I didn't get to see much of the public areas, such is their commitment to doing the best they can.

Although I didn't get to meet the other publishers, it was also good to see that Crimson Cow, BHV, Focus Home, etc. all had a strong presence, too.

Start saving your pennies - it's going to be a good year for adventures, I believe.

Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: Diamond] #193855
08/26/07 08:49 AM
08/26/07 08:49 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Wonderful news! It's great to hear that adventures are flourishing and that there's so much interest in the genre.

For anyone who hasn't seen it -- there are more impressions of the Leipzig Games Convention about midway down the thread by Pollo Diablo here.

Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: Becky] #193892
08/26/07 10:29 AM
08/26/07 10:29 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
Very good news but I'm not sure about LucusArts and Sierra being "cult"?

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: old lady] #193959
08/26/07 01:02 PM
08/26/07 01:02 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Cult classics? I'm pretty sure the press release above was translated from the original German.

Re: DTP/ANACONDA Looks to Reinvigorate the Adventure Genre Internationally [Re: Becky] #193962
08/26/07 01:17 PM
08/26/07 01:17 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I do believe they fall into a "cult Classic" heading. Just as Star wars and Star Trek do...these games have a fan base that exceeds the norm. I don't feel that it is a negative term and in fact I would consider it a compliment.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 207 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users