GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
I liked the crates, and the jumping #138292
06/01/04 08:46 AM
06/01/04 08:46 AM
London, UK
Clare Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Clare  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Yes, it's true! I *really* enjoyed BS3 (and the first two), including the crates and the jumping. I liked the fact that it was like Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, but in BS3 you didn't have to be good at the timing and alignment of the jumps - you just clicked on the jump icon and George or Nico executed the jump perfectly for you. So, unlike Indy, there was no re-doing the jumps over and over again because you had sent the character to a vertiginous death.

Well, here is my question. The crates and jumping weren't the only things that reminded me of Indy. George's outfit in many of the scenes was almost exactly the same as Indy's. So, the question is: how much did you use the Indy games as inspiration?

Re: I liked the crates, and the jumping #138293
06/01/04 09:57 AM
06/01/04 09:57 AM
Yorkshire
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer
Diamond  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yorkshire
Glad you liked the crate puzzles. Thanks.

We rarely look to other games for character inspiration. The best places to look for inspiration for 3D characters are films and TV, but that leads us back to a similar question. We didn't plan George to look like Indy, but there are only so many ways you can dress someone and make them look "adventuresome". Brendan Fraser in the Mummy and Alain Quartermain (have I got that right?) have a similar look.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 256 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users