GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Myst "Stuff" #811543
05/27/12 07:44 PM
05/27/12 07:44 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Hi everyone. I was trying recently to intall Myst V and had some trouble because of Windows 7. Then tonight I found it on GOG and bought it and I think it's supposed to have something in the installation or the game file that adapts to Windows 7. (wish me luck!) So I wanted to post about that in case anyone else has had trouble with the older Myst games and this OS. I have no idea why, but I never finished Myst 3, 4 or 5 and so I'm planning to get them all and tear into them once I'm finished with Bloodmoon! smile It's so fun to have new games to look forward to, even if they aren't "new". smile

btw---on another "Myst" note, I was wondering if anyone knows how Uru does on Windows 7, AND if it's worth my while to buy because I really like 1st person better than 3rd person and I'm not sure if I want to try to get immersed in a game that's 3rd person the whole way through.
I'd hate to miss out on that game and its expansions because I'm curious, but not sure how I'll feel about it once I buy it, so I thought I'd see how you guys liked it and what your thoughts might be.

Thanks so much you guys,
Tracy, off to check her Myst V download and hoping that it works! cat

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
Re: Myst "Stuff" [Re: Tracy] #811545
05/27/12 07:53 PM
05/27/12 07:53 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
TRacy, you may want to check out this thread.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Myst "Stuff" [Re: Tracy] #811548
05/27/12 08:06 PM
05/27/12 08:06 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
You can play Uru in either 1st person or "follow cam." Your choice. According to GOG, their version of Uru works in Windows 7, 32 or 64-bit.

Re: Myst "Stuff" (More added 5/28) [Re: Tracy] #811551
05/27/12 08:13 PM
05/27/12 08:13 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Thanks so much Ana and Jenny! I appreciate your help---especially knowing that I could switch to 1st person in Uru if I wanted to. smile

EDIT:

Hi again. I just wanted to get in touch again because I'm having a heck of a time getting the game to install. I was wondering if anyone else uses GOG and if you might've had this problem too? I've emailed the site administrators and left a post on their forums but I thought I'd write and ask you guys too.

EDIT 2: Okay guys. Just wanted to let you know that I finally DID get Myst V to work under Windows 7! Yay! I've been having such fun---this is a beautiful game and the guy that acts as your guide looks and seems very real to me---amazing since the game is like 7 years old. smile

Anyway, just wanted to give ya the good news and thanks for bearing with my ups and downs tonight.

EDITING Once More!

I just wanted to post and say that I've just been playing Myst V and am in the age called Tighira (sp?) It's so pretty and unusual looking and I've just been watching the snow fall, wishing I could climb into one of those big, round tree-things with the leaves on top and make a little home for my character! SIGH!! After thinking that I wasn't going to be able to play this last night it's a joy to be getting into it this morning. smile

Now I'm wondering if anyone ever thought of making mods for Myst games---or if that's even legal? lol If it ever is, I'll have to have someone make me a little house because I'm just in love right now. Wow.

Tracy, who realized belatedly that she still loves Cyan, Myst-stuff, AND Rand Miller. Yum!

Last edited by Tracy; 05/28/12 12:03 PM. Reason: Yet another edit!

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users