GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! #954391
05/06/14 12:04 PM
05/06/14 12:04 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Return To Castle Shadowgate In This Complete Re-Imagining Of The Classic Point-And-Click Adventure That Started It All

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the Official website here.

Quote:
Twain Harte, CA – May 6, 2014 – Development team Zojoi and indie games partner Reverb Triple XP announced today that the complete re-imagining of Shadowgate, one of the most renowned point-and-click adventure titles in video game history, will be available later this summer on PC, Mac, iOS and Android tablets. Fans can now pre-order PC and Mac versions of the title and get in on exclusive goods by visiting the Shadowgate website, www.shadowgate.com.

Zojoi is comprised of industry stalwarts Karl Roelofs and Dave Marsh, the original talents that made the first iteration of Shadowgate. The fantasy adventure game was an instant classic and one of the most popular, well-received titles in the MacVenture series on a plethora of computer-based systems. It then continued its surge in popularity on the Nintendo NES, GameBoy Color, and later on the Nintendo 64 system. After a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2012, Karl and Dave are back, completely rebuilding the Shadowgate saga while accounting for today’s advanced technological and graphical capabilities.

“Dave and I are incredibly thrilled to be returning to Castle Shadowgate after all these years,” said Karl Roelofs, design director at Zojoi. “When we created the MacVenture series, we knew we had something special on our hands - the initial response from gamers around the world was overwhelming! Shadowgate has remained near and dear to not only our hearts but to those who remember the haunting original, greatly evidenced by the support our Kickstarter campaign generated. The past few years we have been hard at work re-building and updating the Shadowgate experience and cannot wait to inspire, challenge, and terrify an entire new generation of players.”

Nearly 30 years after the original version premiered on the Macintosh, Shadowgate returns, fully re-imagined and updated for today’s gaming landscape. With 4K-capable resolutions, Shadowgate not only features a stunning level of hand-painted detail but also tons of new mind-bending puzzles and more objects to interact with to help you on your quest. There are also plenty of throwbacks to the original version, so veterans and newcomers alike will all relish their journey through Shadowgate… if they survive.

“Discovering amazing indie game developers like Zojoi and helping power their success is exactly what Reverb Triple XP is all about,” said Tracie Snitker, president of Reverb Triple XP. “We see the tremendous potential in delivering Shadowgate to today’s gamer and we are working side-by-side with Zojoi to create customized programs for this unique game. We continuously evolve our initiatives to be ahead of the curve with versatile, aggressive marketing and PR strategies for indie developers around the world.”

Shadowgate is coming to PC, Mac, iOS and Android tablets late this summer at the retail price of $19.99, but gamers impatient to get a leg-up on their journey can pre-order the PC and Mac versions today to reserve a copy for only $14.99 - a 25% discount off full retail price. Or choose the “Adventurer Pack” to receive the full game at release plus wallpapers and a digital Shadowgate calendar. For the true fans of high adventure, the “Hero Pack” includes all the other pre-order items plus a complete digital soundtrack, digital art book, beta tester access with in-game credits, and access to the game one week before launch! Full details on pre-order incentives and pricing can be found at www.shadowgate.com.

For upcoming Shadowgate announcements visit the game’s official Website www.shadowgate.com, follow the development team at Twitter, and “Like” Shadowgate on Facebook.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954393
05/06/14 12:10 PM
05/06/14 12:10 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks, Ana. I remember this game from the 1980s. wave

Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954429
05/06/14 03:49 PM
05/06/14 03:49 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
I was really interested in this so I went to the website and my face fell when I saw that they were offering Shadowgate as a download for Windows and Mac...with a Steam key.

So, I emailed Zojoi to let them know of my disappointment.
I was nice, really.
I just told them (no fussing) how disappointed I was since I don't use Steam.

I got an email back from Dave Marsh of Zojoi in less than an hour telling me that they started the pre-order launch with Steam but "we are looking at offering it thru other distributors so fear not. I will keep you posted".

Nice of him. smile
If I do hear anything before the entire world does, I'll let you know.

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: traveler] #954430
05/06/14 03:52 PM
05/06/14 03:52 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks, Gil. Maybe it will be offered on GOG at some point.

Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954480
05/06/14 10:02 PM
05/06/14 10:02 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Thanks, Ana,
This looks great, but wouldn't you consider this to be an "ACTION" game, and not an ADVENTURE game? Just curious.
Sandy

Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: sanford] #954482
05/06/14 10:21 PM
05/06/14 10:21 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
Nope, it's not an action game.

"The game is being developed for PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices, in hopes of bringing back the first-person adventure game genre!"

You can't get any plainer than that.

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: traveler] #954500
05/07/14 12:48 AM
05/07/14 12:48 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Great News !!!! Thanks, BrownEyedTigre happydance

[And good to hear a DRM Free download might also be on the cards - thanks for that, traveler :)]

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: The Re-Imagined Classic Shadowgate Coming this Summer! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954528
05/07/14 05:31 AM
05/07/14 05:31 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Amazing graphics! Thanks Ana. I am also looking forward to this one!

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Redz, curly, Leeana), 271 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users