GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Best Buy & GOG game sale/also need input on 2 games. #955445
05/11/14 02:08 PM
05/11/14 02:08 PM
Texas
T
Terri824 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Terri824  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
T

Texas
Wanted to say to the GB's that haven't played ND's The Silent Spy and Ghost of Thornton Hall, BB has them both on for 9.99 online and in the store, today only.

Also on GOG I am looking at Lucius, has anyone played it and what did you think? Also interested in Miasmata and perhaps Machinarium, even though I'm not much on cartoon or stick type character games, any input on these would be appreciated. They are only on until tomorrow on GOG.
Thanks,
Terri

When you live in the past, it costs you the present.
Re: Best Buy & GOG game sale/also need input on 2 games. [Re: Terri824] #955448
05/11/14 02:30 PM
05/11/14 02:30 PM
Mt Prospect, Illinois
butterflybabe Offline
Addicted Boomer
butterflybabe  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mt Prospect, Illinois
Hi Terri,

Go to GBs 'Free Games Galore', one of the click tabs above this posting area. Pay attention to the right column an scroll almost all the way down. I forget what section it's listed under but you want the link to the 'Amaniti' site. You'll see all their games including Machinarium. You might be able to play one or two online. I love their games because they're so unique.

Unless you find a WT, there are no directions. You just move your cursur around until it becomes a hand, then click to see what happens. Sometimes it makes sense right away, other times a click does nothing because it is part of a sequence of events that you need to find the beginning to. Let's say, your cursor becomes a hand over a hole in the ground and when you click it a worm pops out, then goes back in. Now you have to figure out why, what other action needs to come first. Look for more actions to click on and soon something else will happen, maybe a chick some out of hiding, etc, then you click on hole in the ground, check sees it, goes to it, get worm into his beak but can't pull the worm out. you continue ilke that trying to fugure out what comes next to solve the puzzle, etc.

have fun!

Life's a puzzle; one piece at a time.
Re: Best Buy & GOG game sale/also need input on 2 games. [Re: Terri824] #955465
05/11/14 05:28 PM
05/11/14 05:28 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I haven't played Lucius, but I've watched a YouTube playthrough of it. If you don't object to having to plot and kill innocent people just for jolly, then you might enjoy it. grin Otherwise, it's best avoided as the gameplay is a little repetitious (and grisly).

Miasmata is GREAT. It's more of a survival game than a pure adventure, though. There's a big beastie that wants to maul you, and you have to avoid it. Lots of plant collecting and analysis, and a ton of exploring the island on which you're stranded. The graphics are gorgeous, and the freestyle play is totally immersive and enjoyable.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Best Buy & GOG game sale/also need input on 2 games. [Re: Terri824] #955467
05/11/14 05:33 PM
05/11/14 05:33 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

Re: Best Buy & GOG game sale/also need input on 2 games. [Re: Terri824] #955475
05/11/14 06:07 PM
05/11/14 06:07 PM
Texas
T
Terri824 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Terri824  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
T

Texas
Thank you for your posts. I got into a bit of a hurry after reading the offer and posted here without thoroughly checking the games out for myself. I did not realize that it was about killing people for the heck of it.

When you live in the past, it costs you the present.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Pandora, oldbroad, Draclvr), 590 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users