GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
A suggestion for developers #933558
01/04/14 01:18 PM
01/04/14 01:18 PM
Millbrook, New York
Cappy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Cappy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Millbrook, New York
The developers have been very kind to us by listening to our ideas and, in some cases gripes, and by giving us a lot of options to choose from to personalize the game play. I would like to request one more option: allow us the ability to turn off the drop-down boxes used for collecting morphing objects, reaching achievements, finding specific articles or any of the other sideline features becoming more and more common in casual games. I know others may like this element in their game play, but I find the interruptions distracting and annoying and in the majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

So please, Mr/Ms developer, give us the ability to opt out when you release your next game. Those who enjoy collecting and tallying can continue to do so. Those who do not can enjoy your game interruption free.

Thanks, Barb

Re: A suggestion for developers [Re: Cappy] #933560
01/04/14 01:21 PM
01/04/14 01:21 PM
Marietta, GA
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer
Laurette  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Marietta, GA
Cappy: I totally agree! Also find collectibles, morphing objects, etc., in general to be annoying. There should be an option to "opt" out of finding these things, as it takes away from the game-playing.

It's not that I'm smart, I just stay with things longer." (approx. quote from Albert Einstein.)
Re: A suggestion for developers [Re: Cappy] #933561
01/04/14 01:23 PM
01/04/14 01:23 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
That's a fine suggestion, Barb. I don't mind having those notifications dropping down during gameplay, but I can also understand why for some it's just a distraction. An on/off choice would be a nice feature to add to the game. wave12

Re: A suggestion for developers [Re: Marian] #933564
01/04/14 01:29 PM
01/04/14 01:29 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I usually ignore "collecting" stuff that's not really relevant to the game so I, too, would welcome such an option thumbsup12
Thanks, Cappy smile12

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: A suggestion for developers [Re: Mad] #933568
01/04/14 01:58 PM
01/04/14 01:58 PM
Ontario, Canada
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer
colpet  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
I recently have been playing more CEs due to sales and credits. I am disappointed that they seem to have less innovative and interesting puzzles in lieu of achievements, collectibles and morphing objects. One game actually collected a 'zoo' for me. These things seem like just fillers. The award banners are distracting and often laughable in their praise of such minor progress.

Re: A suggestion for developers [Re: Cappy] #933607
01/04/14 05:58 PM
01/04/14 05:58 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Cappy
I would like to request one more option: allow us the ability to turn off the drop-down boxes used for collecting morphing objects, reaching achievements, finding specific articles or any of the other sideline features becoming more and more common in casual games.

Originally Posted By: Laurette
Cappy: I totally agree! Also find collectibles, morphing objects, etc., in general to be annoying. There should be an option to "opt" out of finding these things, as it takes away from the game-playing.

Originally Posted By: colpet
I recently have been playing more CEs due to sales and credits. I am disappointed that they seem to have less innovative and interesting puzzles in lieu of achievements, collectibles and morphing objects. One game actually collected a 'zoo' for me. These things seem like just fillers. The award banners are distracting and often laughable in their praise of such minor progress.

I've recently been playing FEWER CE's because they add this annoying "feature."
Sometimes the SE doesn't have the "achievements," and to me the lack of them is a major positive.
I'm even considering dropping my Big Fish membership because of this annoyance.

Re: A suggestion for developers [Re: Jenny100] #936366
01/21/14 04:15 PM
01/21/14 04:15 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Agree as well. Just when HOGs were beginning to interest me, with their addition of more "adventure" components, actual story lines (gasp!) and much more challenging mini-games, they started throwing the so-called AWARDS pop-up thing at us. I, too, have laughed out loud at the various congratulations that have popped up while playing an HOG. I find the pop-ups to be annoying interferences in the pace of the game, throwing me out of the game story like an unwanted commercial break. An opt out for them would be great!

I would add one more suggestion, while we are at it: Create HOG scenes that are a bit more relevant to the story context. It is laughable to be playing a game located in southern Italy and having ice hockey sticks, cowboy boots and Russian sleighs show up in the jumble scenes. ROTFL at that! I recently had to search the cabin of a crashed helicopter and found an anvil in it, along with an air mattress, a fish bowl and a Victorian parasol. Seriously! No wonder it crashed. ha ha hah Again, it throws you out of the story each time.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Graphium_Studio), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users