GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sherlock Holmes Persian Carpet #1134808
12/11/17 07:16 PM
12/11/17 07:16 PM
no. California
G
gillann Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
gillann  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
G

no. California
I began playing this game some time ago, but gave up on it over a problem with the deduction board. Decided to try again. Saw the beginning scenes, checked the crime report and witness list. Got to the factory, and cannot do anything. It just freezes. I can't click on the rug, or any other of the designated clued.
Has anyone else had this problem, and how does one solve it? Thank you!

Re: Sherlock Holmes Persian Carpet [Re: gillann] #1134813
12/11/17 07:24 PM
12/11/17 07:24 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I moved your post over to the Casual Games forum, as this is considered to be a casual game.

I remember this factory section - a lot of people think their game has frozen up here.

Here is from the Steam forum, talking about this situation:

Quote:
After searching the internet for others who might have encountered this, it seems that the freezing is simply impatience on my part to get into the game!

The deserted room in the cement factory is part of the tutorial - this means that the game wants the player to follow the steps -exactly- as instructed, or else you can't move on.

In this case, the instruction pointer is pointing at something and you -have- to click that thing before it can proceed to the next icon-change-instruction.

After those icons are explained, the player is then free to collect the remainder of the hidden objects.

There is also this from the Big Fish forum for the game - someone was thinking their screen had frozen in the factory:

Quote:
I had this problem too. You have to actually do what the tutorial tells you i.e click exactly where the cursor is pointing and you get a box of matches. it's a bit annoying as you actually have to use up one of your hints when it tells you to even if you don't need it.

I hope this helps. I remember having the same problem, but I finally got it. wave12

Re: Sherlock Holmes Persian Carpet [Re: gillann] #1134821
12/11/17 08:08 PM
12/11/17 08:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Such a great game! Enjoy it!

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 253 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users