GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle #1136161
12/23/17 09:46 AM
12/23/17 09:46 AM
Wales
meryl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Wales
Is there a glitch here?

The hint button highlight the weight puzzle but nothing works when I get close up and click. The hint button then highlights a hand closing the close up. It's a loop.

Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136176
12/23/17 11:07 AM
12/23/17 11:07 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Since this game was originally discussed here in the Casual Games forum as an adventure lite, I have moved your post over here.

I can't say for sure whether this is a glitch or not, but I did find this post made in July on the Big Fish forum for the game:

Quote:
I'm stuck at the weights puzzle. Hint says to open puzzle window but when I do nothing works. .No question marks or hands. Had the handle at one time but is no longer in my inventory or in the hole by weights. when I ask for a hint with the puzzle window open it says to close it. Seems like I'm stuck in a loop. I'm using Windows 7 on a Dell laptop.

Maybe someone else here will remember this puzzle in the game.

Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136178
12/23/17 11:24 AM
12/23/17 11:24 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Casual game or adventure game lite, what ever......Alicia Griffith Lakesite Murder is in my opinion somewhat like the Carol Reed games. So for me it's an point and click adventure game and not a casual game. If it were a casual game I would not have played it and made a walkthrough for it...I do not like casual game. But this is just an opinion, not an statement

For the Weight puzzle you need to click and hold your left mouse button on a weight en then pull that weight one position up or drag it one position down. You do not get a hand or any other kind of cursor on those weights...Just click/hold/ and drag down or pull up.

I didn't use the hint button in the game, so I can not give any comments about that.

Marinus_Louis (Lous Koot)

Louis Koot
Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1136182
12/23/17 11:37 AM
12/23/17 11:37 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks very much for your help, Louis. I hope you can get past this puzzle, meryl. wave12

Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136262
12/24/17 04:49 AM
12/24/17 04:49 AM
Wales
meryl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Wales
Thanks for those responses.
When I click and hold and then try to move the weights - nothing happens.

Is there any mechanism for getting a saved game for this perhaps ?

Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136265
12/24/17 06:01 AM
12/24/17 06:01 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Meryl

Now I see what the problem is....You don't seem to have the handle when you try to do the weight puzzle. You used the handle in the cave room to get the last weight. You probably left the handle there in the hole, so you have to go back to the cave room to get the handle back en then go back to the weight puzzle an put the handle in the hole. Then click the handle to start the weight puzzle

Hope this helps
Marinus_Louis (Louis Koot)

Louis Koot
Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136267
12/24/17 07:19 AM
12/24/17 07:19 AM
Wales
meryl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Wales
You are right. I don't have the handle. In the cave room there is just the hole where the handle was put to release that weight. Alicia says "a small hole" The handle did not go back in my inventory I don't think.

Doesn't look hopeful does it?

Thanks for trying to help though.

Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136270
12/24/17 08:42 AM
12/24/17 08:42 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Meryl:

Perhaps I don't understand you correctly, but that handle isn't return to you by itself when you have used it in the cave room. You have to pul it out the hole to get it back in your inventory. Did you do this? If so and it wasn't return to your inventory then it is indeed a glitch in your game. I can't help you with saves for this game because of the way the game saves and I don't have it on my harddrive anymore, sorry

Louis Koot
Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136271
12/24/17 09:51 AM
12/24/17 09:51 AM
Wales
meryl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Wales
Yes you did understand right. Well it isn't in the hole now. So I could have pulled it out (can't remember). Could I have used it somewhere else? Or else I didn't pull it out but it disappeared from the hole subsequently.
It's a mystery.

Yes I thought it would be impossible to get a saved game. If I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again - do you think there might be a chance this would rectify things?

I'm clutching at straws here. (Do you understand the idiom?)

In any case I sure appreciate your efforts to help me.

Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle [Re: meryl] #1136272
12/24/17 10:24 AM
12/24/17 10:24 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Meryl

I know wat you mean by "clutching at straws" and I understand that you do. But you did not used the handle anywere else in the game. So if you did take the handle back in the cave room but it isn't in your inventory dan I'm at my "ends witts" so to speak. Maybe it fel on the floor of the cave room? If this is indeed a glich in your game, you could reinstall it and start all over and see if this glich happens again.

As I stated before, I do not have the game installed anymore. I'm currently busy with a new walkthrough for the game Schizm 1 and this one isn't very coöperative, so to speak, because of my problem to make screenshots in the game. I have to do the screenshots in Schizm one by one and it is getting very frustating. When I finished with Schizm, or when I kick it of my harddrive out of sheer frustation(But that is not the case yet), I could play Alicia again to see if there is a possibility to save the save file from after the weigh puzzle. But you'll have to wait until early 2018 because Cristmas is coming tomorow and my family don't like it if I spent time with the computer during the Cristmas holidays, rather then spent time with them.

Regards:

Louis Koot
Re: Alicia Griffiths weight puzzle Breaking News! [Re: meryl] #1136279
12/24/17 11:01 AM
12/24/17 11:01 AM
Wales
meryl Offline OP
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Wales
Have a great Christmas Louis!

all the best

Meryl

Breaking News!
Restarted the game with different profile and this time waited 'til I had BOTH weights before trying to fix them in place. It worked. Previously I had placed the first weight and I remember something odd happening - can't explain what - and when I returned later with the second weight I didn't have the handle and couldn't do the puzzle to get further in the game.
So for anyone about to play this -- "Wait for the second weight"

Last edited by meryl; 12/27/17 04:49 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (OrleansBelle, dorish, Winfrey, BrownEyedTigre), 252 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users