GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Elder Scrolls Online #950992
04/19/14 01:30 PM
04/19/14 01:30 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Hi everyone. I just bought ESO and started playing today, but I have to admit I'm not really "into" multiplayer games as a rule. Since I love Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim so much though, I couldn't resist at least giving it a try, and it really is beautiful so far. smile

I wanted to write though and see if anyone else is playing because I am having a few struggles and could use some help along the way. I normally buy a big strategy guide for my Elder Scrolls games, but the guy at Gamestop told me that in general MMO's don't have strategy guides because the gaming experience is so different for each player. I definitely can understand that, but being such a newbie to MMO's, I could really use help and so along with anyone who's playing, I was wondering if anyone might know of a guide that I could find online that might help me to really get comfortable with ESO?

Also, I wanted to ask about PvE. Since I really don't have an interest in playing with other players, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to play PvE and if there are certain areas of ESO where you can sort of be off to yourself and do your own thing? I had asked the guy at the game store and he said that given how big the game is and how everyone likes to play in different ways, I should be able to play PvE almost as if I were in a single player game. (But of course, I have no idea if that's really true or how to do it! LOL)

Anyway, thanks for all of your help you guys. I am SO in love with the Elder Scrolls games and have finally gotten bored with Skyrim after all this time, so I'm hoping that I can get into ESO and give it a fair shot. Who knows? Maybe I'll fall in love just like I did with the other games. smile

Tracy

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
Re: Elder Scrolls Online [Re: Tracy] #951005
04/19/14 02:25 PM
04/19/14 02:25 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi Tracy, I don't know anything about this game, but there's quite a bit of information online to help. Here's just a couple of websites that I found:

Elder Scrolls Online

Elder Scrolls Online

There may be better guides out there, too.

I hope you enjoy the game. wave

Re: Elder Scrolls Online [Re: Tracy] #951013
04/19/14 03:09 PM
04/19/14 03:09 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Ah that's what one of the SWTOR guilds meant when they said they lost a lot of members to ESO. I had no idea what that meant. Hopefully they'll come back by the time I reach level 55 so we can do ops.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Elder Scrolls Online [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #951014
04/19/14 03:16 PM
04/19/14 03:16 PM
Phoenix, AZ USA
luv2travel Offline
Addicted Boomer
luv2travel  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Phoenix, AZ USA
Hi!
I've been playing since the beta testing, and It's so fun and improved so much! You'll enjoy it I know! I have a couple of characters and would love some company! I only do PvE also.
I have played all the Elder Scrolls games prior to this too.
Andrea wave frenchie

Last edited by luv2travel; 04/19/14 03:19 PM.
Re: Elder Scrolls Online [Re: Tracy] #951418
04/21/14 02:34 PM
04/21/14 02:34 PM
Isle of Man
gremlin Offline
Addicted Boomer
gremlin  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Isle of Man
It really disappoints me to see what were great series of games for single player stories like Diablo and the Elder Scrolls games go MMO - they are just such different beasts. I've tried WoW and Conan and Everquest II in the past, and just can't get on with the MMO way of playing. I stuck with WoW for months before finally getting sufficiently riled by crass anti-newbie behaviour that I cancelled my subscription.

I never played Diablo III with anyone else, despite the game requiring an always-on connection (making the Hardcore mode completely impossible).

I loved Skyrim - I've played it for hundreds of hours, and have bought all the expansions, but now, the only way to go any further in that universe is to put up with going MMO. Count me out. :(

{ETA}
The new MMO games should have had new names... inspired by Diablo and Elder Scrolls if you like, but they just AREN'T Diablo or Elder Scrolls any more.

Last edited by gremlin; 04/21/14 02:37 PM.
Re: Elder Scrolls Online [Re: gremlin] #951433
04/21/14 04:16 PM
04/21/14 04:16 PM
Phoenix, AZ USA
luv2travel Offline
Addicted Boomer
luv2travel  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Phoenix, AZ USA
I agree Gremlin. Avoiding the griefers is nearly impossible but when we had a GB group in WoW it was much better. Before that, doing instances/dungeons was out for me. That's a big part of the fun I was missing. I'm having a problem in ESO with dungeon bosses being too strong for a single player to beat at the proper level.
Andrea wave

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (oldbroad, Orion, LadyKestrel), 248 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users