GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Hump Day #909067
08/21/13 01:09 AM
08/21/13 01:09 AM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
We don't bother much about dress and manners in England, because as a nation we don't dress well and we've no manners.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), "You Never Can Tell" (1898), act I
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was once a great actor who could no longer remember his lines. After many years he finds a theatre where they are prepared to give him a chance to shine again.

The director says, "This is the most important part, and it has only one line. You walk on to the stage at the opening carrying a rose. You hold the rose to your nose with just one finger and thumb, sniff the rose deeply and then say theline 'Ah, the sweet aroma of my mistress.'"

The actor is thrilled. All day long before the play he's practicing his line over and over again.

Finally, the time came. The curtain went up, the actor walked onto the stage, and using just one finger he delivered the line, "Ah, the sweet aroma of my mistress."

The theatre erupted, the audience was screaming with laughter and the director was steaming!

"You bloody fool!" he cried, "You have ruined me!"

The actor was bewildered, "What happened, did I forget my line?"

"No!" screamed the director. "You forgot the rose!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things We Learnd From The Movies

*During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.

*All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.

*Beds have special L-shaped cover sheets which reach up to the armpit level on a woman; but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

*The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there, and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty

*Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

*A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

*Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.

*If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.

*Cars that crash will invariably burst into flames.

*Stripping to the waist can make a man invulnerable to bullets.

*If you find yourself caught up in a misunderstanding that could be cleared up quickly with a simple explanation, for goodness sake, keep your mouth shut.

*Any person waking from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and pant.

*A cough is usually the sign of a terminal illness.

*All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts, so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

*When in love, it is customary to burst into song.

*When confronted by an evil international terrorist, sarcasm and wisecracks are your best weapons.

*One man shooting at 20 men has a better chance of killing them than 20 men firing at 1 man.

*If being fired at by Germans, hide in a river - or even a bath. German bullets are unable to penetrate water.

*Laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of an invading alien civilization.

*Most people keep a scrapbook of newspaper clippings - especially if any of their family or friends have died in a strange boating accident.

*All computer disks will work in all computers, regardless of software.

*Police Departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are assigned a partner who is their total opposite.

*When they are alone, foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.

*If you are a hero, you never face charges for manslaughter or criminal damage despite laying entire cities to waste by your actions.

*You can always find a chainsaw when you need one.

*Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds - unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.

*You can tell if somebody is British because he will be wearing a bow tie.

*When driving a car, it is normal to look not at the road but rather at the person sitting beside you or in the back seat for the entire journey.

*Taxi drivers don't require exact or even approximate payment - the first bill you pull from your pocket is always correct.

*Having a job of any kind will make a father forget his son's eighth birthday.

*Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before retirement.

*The more a man and a woman hate each other, the more likely they will fall in love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple was invited to a swanky masked Halloween Party. The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed, and there was no need of his good time being spoiled by not going. So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for one hour, awakened without pain. As it was still early, she decided to go to the party. Since her husband did not know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun watching him to see how he acted when she was not with him.

She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice woman he could, copping a little feel here and a little kiss there. His wife sidled up to him. As a rather seductive babe herself, he left his partner high and dry and devoted his time to the new stuff that had just arrived.

She let him go as far as he wished; naturally, since he was her husband. Finally he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went to one of the cars for some hanky panky. Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away, went home, put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in and she asked how the party was. He said, "Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not there."

Then she asked, "Did you dance much?"

He replied, "I'll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys, so we went into the den and played poker all evening. But I'll tell you... from what I heard, the guy I loaned my costume to was the life of the party. He told me that my costume helped him get very lucky with one of the ladies. How was your evening?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Happy day happy day. I finally got back to a real weekend. penguin

Did I mention I'm happy? yay

Well that's enough of that. My feet are screaming "It's about time Dopy."

They're not happy feet, but then they're always kinda moody. cool

Understandable when they're always being stepped on. razz

I think I'll soak in my hot tub today.

You're all welcome to join me.

It's an Okie hot tub, which means it's a one foot galvanized wash tub sitting out in the Oklahoma sun, which is pretty darned hot. shocked

Hotter than any of the other suns. yes

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909078
08/21/13 04:57 AM
08/21/13 04:57 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe! Hope you are having Happy dreams. Coffee is on. Wishing everyone a wonderful day! wave

Gerry
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909088
08/21/13 05:38 AM
08/21/13 05:38 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Good Morning Joe,Gerry and all who follow. wave
Have all a great day. dance

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909093
08/21/13 06:15 AM
08/21/13 06:15 AM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good morning. Thanks Joe for your openers. Where would we be without you? kissy Hi Gerry and Haroula and everyone who comes through the door of the diner today. Joe thanks for the BB pancakes, yum-m-m-m. I have to get through a medical procedure this morning. My best friend is gonna drive me there and drive me home after. I need a few good thoughts that they don't find anything. See you later.

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: Hump Day [Re: Haroula] #909094
08/21/13 06:23 AM
08/21/13 06:23 AM
Delaware, USA
SharonB Offline
Addicted Boomer
SharonB  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Delaware, USA
Good morning all! Happy Wednesday.

Not feeling so great this morning, hurt myself somehow and have been having pain in my left chest rib area for about a week. Dr says its costochondritis. Will be glad when I'm finally out of pain.

Tomorrow I go back into hospital for a small but delicate operation. If all goes well I'll be released on Friday. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm nervous, but I expect everything to go well...

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Sharon

Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909100
08/21/13 07:16 AM
08/21/13 07:16 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers

Joe, Hope your feet feel happy today.

Gerry, thanks for the coffee.

Sue, I think Gerry has a cup of coffee put aside for you.

Haroula, good day.

Midgie, hugs and prayers out that all will be well with your procedure. hearts

Sharon, sorry you have to be back in the hospital. Prayers out to you that all will be well and you'll be home again by Friday. hearts

Connie, good morning when you come in.

A dog walk this morning. Looks like a good day to spend outside today. summer

Gail
Re: Hump Day [Re: GBC] #909128
08/21/13 09:52 AM
08/21/13 09:52 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers and a happy day to you as well!

hearts Prayers going up and big hugs, Midgie, that all goes well for you today!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909129
08/21/13 09:56 AM
08/21/13 09:56 AM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
Good morning everyone.

Midgie, keep us posted. Prayers going out to you. Hugs.

Sharon, prayers going out to you also. Hugs.

Hi Harcoula

Good coffee Gerry, thanks.

Hiya Joe. You keeping busy? lol Are you being nice to your sister?

Gail, enjoy your walk.

Hi Darlene, you snuck in on me.

It is going to be hot today, back to 90. I have been trying to learn how to use my new Ipod. I need a kid here to help me. lol Learning curve has slowed down.

Well, I guess I'll go play with it a little more.

Bets

Last edited by flutist; 08/21/13 09:57 AM. Reason: Darlene snuck in

Corgis fill your life with Joy, your heart with Love, and your soul with Sunshine.
Re: Hump Day [Re: flutist] #909134
08/21/13 10:26 AM
08/21/13 10:26 AM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Good morning Boomers. wave

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, far from work I go. yay

I'm still sittin & sippin & surfin this morning.

AHHHHH! woot

Yesterday at work killed me. Especially my feet. shocked

It's hard for me to want to do anything today. razz

I guess I need to get out early & take Baby for a walk. It's supposed to get to 97 today, and I imagine we could break 100 here. shocked

I hope everybody here has a great day. rah

joe

Bets You know I'm always as sweet as pie to my sis. wink

Last edited by gymcandy1; 08/21/13 10:28 AM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909147
08/21/13 11:57 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Joe thanks for the chuckles and enjoy your day off!! It is already 77 out there heading toward 90 also so me and Sassy took our long walk already!! Have a lovely day!

Gerry thanks for the coffee. Have a lovely day!

Haroula have a lovely day and enjoy the beach!!

Midge and Sharon.....Hugs and Prayers headed your direction!! May all go well and you both have a speedy recovery!! Praying the Band around you both!! HUGS!!!

Gail enjoy the walk with the dogs and have a lovely day. The air here is too think to want to spend much time outside today.. We need it to just rain and get it over with. lol Have a lovely day!

Darlene Have a lovely day and may all go smoothly!!

Bets sounds like a good day to stay in and learn about that IPod. lol I know what ya mean though about having a kid there to show you how they work. lol

No plans till taxi time. We have a security meeting today before we go. Must find out what's in the plans in light of what happened last Sunday morning.

wave
Nan

Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909148
Oregon
Lotus777 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Lotus777  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
Good Morning Boomers!!! Wishing you a great day Gerry and Haroula. Already said a prayer for you Midgie that everything goes well and stays positive.
Sorry to hear you have to do another hospital stay SharonB. Praying for a positive outcome and rapid recovery. Enjoy your dogs, Gail. Have a great day Darlene. Hope you can stay cool Bets. Hi Joe, have a wonderful day off and try to stay cool. Oh Ana, wherefore art thou??? Off to my Mums as she is spending the day with me and hubby is caring for his mum at her home. SIL has to be a hospital as her hubby is having surgery on his shoulder. Happy Gaming everyone!!! wave

'Morning Nan, I missed your post by about 12 seconds!! wink Have a nice day sweetie!!!

Last edited by Lotus777; 08/21/13 11:58 AM.

Lotus
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909160
08/21/13 01:15 PM
08/21/13 01:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Wonderful Wednesday ya'll puppy

I've been up for hours and hours and hours, but I've been busy busy busy. Soot and I walked the 3 monkeys that can. I really struggled to make it through, but that's ok....I made it! Then home to smoothy us, feed dogs, clean kitchen, etc. Next came bread mixing, rising, shaping, baking, and now the hard part...waiting for it to cool before cutting in. Dessert is finished, and a new decision on dinner has been made and the necessary groceries added to The List.

I've also had great conversations with middle son. He wanted to let me know he accepted a promotion bravo And a "Hi mom, I'm alive" call from eldest. And of course a "How was your birthday?" call to daughter.

I also ordered SIL's birthday and Christmas presents. Now it's time to sit for a bit. I may take Keoki to the park, but I need to bop out and check the weather. If was very humid this morning at 6 and I don't imagine it's gotten any drier.

Midgy, luck

Sharon, sorry to hear you are in pain, but glad you are feeling positive about your upcoming procedure.

Gail, how was your walk?

Hope the skooshing was happy, Darlene.

Bets, a kid could operate that thing in his sleep. I'm always waiting for son to come home to fix what I "break" on mine. Which Ipod did you get?

Joe, stay cool.

Nan, I hope the security meeting is productive.

Lotus, I hope all are well. Sounds like you guys are busy taking care of family these days.

Time to check the news wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Hump Day [Re: looney4labs] #909190
08/21/13 04:33 PM
08/21/13 04:33 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good afternoon everyone. wave

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909197
08/21/13 05:10 PM
08/21/13 05:10 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Afternoon, Space wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909198
08/21/13 05:33 PM
08/21/13 05:33 PM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
sleep wave

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909208
08/21/13 06:53 PM
08/21/13 06:53 PM
Palouse country
3dobermans Offline
Adept Boomer
3dobermans  Offline
Adept Boomer

Palouse country
Midge, Sharon, hope all is well.

Last day for swim aerobics; temp in the low 90's so water should be fairly warm. Nite temps have been dropping into the 40's.

L4L, home made bread, yum. One of these days I'll try my hand at it but would like to try the yeastless bread first.

May all have a great eve.

Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body - Joseph Addison
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909211
08/21/13 07:46 PM
08/21/13 07:46 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Well, I can see that I never submitted my post today. oops

It's been a busy day and I am back in the corner. I did however manage to defrost the freezer in the garage, run the dogs, wash the dogs, do three loads of wash and go to the store.

I will go for my after dinner bike ride shortly and then it's back to the corner.

Midgie, I hope everything went well today.

Sharon, good luck on your procedure also. I have had costochondritis and it's not fun. I hope you can clear it up quickly.

Be back..,.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909213
08/21/13 07:52 PM
08/21/13 07:52 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Hi guys. Thanks for all your good thoughts. My test came out negative. Glad the test is over with. Hey Trippy...Midge of Ett here rotfl Hope all is well. You amaze me L4L. With all that's going on in your life you always have time to walk your babies. Sharon my prayers and good thoughts are on their way. Nan thanks for your BOA. You never fail me.

Now I'm gonna watch a favorite movie I bought a few days ago called Olympus has Fallen. I hope you all have a quiet night.

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909217
08/21/13 08:33 PM
08/21/13 08:33 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Midgy, we just watched that and enjoyed it very much.

-Roger Caras
Re: Hump Day [Re: looney4labs] #909229
08/21/13 09:10 PM
08/21/13 09:10 PM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave

Home, again...

Midgie, glad all is well! hearts

Sharon, prayers going up for quick healing!

Alrighty, off to read the posts!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #909250
08/22/13 12:19 AM
08/22/13 12:19 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Midge I am glad to hear that all was OK today!!! happydance hearts

Ana for being in the corner you surely got a lot accomplished today. lol Hope the project moves right along for ya!!

Well time to find my kpillow. Night all sleep well and pleasant dreams!!

sleep
Nan

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Urban Worrier, Tally Ho, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users