GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Twilight City - Love As a Cure "3D acceleration issue" #1142027
02/17/18 05:59 PM
02/17/18 05:59 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Is this the right place to ask this question? I downloaded a trial of this game and it opened a screen about 1/3 the size of my 34-inch monitor. When I look at the game's Settings, and selected a larger format that would fill my screen fully, I got a pop-up that said, "This game requires 3D acceleration."

Well, hmmm. I have an up-to-date PC with an AMD R7 250 card that has 3D acceleration capability because we all need that these days to support the video graphics in games. Twilight City didn't recognize this nor did it offer me the opportunity to show it where to find my 3D acceleration card. It dumped me out to the desktop.

My resident IT expert (AKA: husband) noodled around on line and got the advice to go to my Windows Settings and select "Advanced" and deal with it there. However, we found no such subheading under Settings called "Advanced." He explored a bit more, but with no more luck. I have no experience in this kind of trouble-shooting myself.

I've been running Windows 10 for a couple of years now, and have had no such trouble with any other games. Any advice?

Re: Twilight City - Love As a Cure "3D acceleration issue" [Re: Reenie] #1142029
02/17/18 06:34 PM
02/17/18 06:34 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I found this post about the game in the technical thread on Big Fish:

Quote:
When I tried to run this game on my system, which has a 1920x1200 monitor, it bombed out complaining about needing 3D acceleration (which I have). It wouldn't run in either fullscreen or windowed mode. If I set my screen resolution to 1680x1050 before running the game, it ran fine in both windowed and fullscreen.

Re: Twilight City - Love As a Cure "3D acceleration issue" [Re: Marian] #1142036
02/17/18 09:59 PM
02/17/18 09:59 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Marion. I guess I'll pass on the game then. I'm running 2560 x 1400 and prefer it that way. It would be a pain to have to keep changing it every time I wanted to sit down and play Twilight for a while, then changing it back. Too bad. The game was very appealing from what I heard.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, 1 invisible), 242 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users