GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Nuke The Hard Drive? #939617
02/10/14 02:34 PM
02/10/14 02:34 PM
Southern Exposure
lexxy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
lexxy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Southern Exposure
I was having so many problems with my computer, powering down w/o prompting, slow signing to the internet ect. I took my machine to a tech who told me my macine was so infested with virus that in order to save the machine he would have to Nuke The Hard Drive . I did not ask what it ment I just said let me think on it. I trust your knowlwdge and opion so tell me just what does te work NUKE mean?

carol
It doesn't cost a dime to be kind
----------------------------
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence
Re: Nuke The Hard Drive? [Re: lexxy] #939622
02/10/14 02:59 PM
02/10/14 02:59 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
It means he will completely reformat the drive and reinstall your operating system. It will like starting with a brand new machine. I've found this is what many computer repair places do because it's just so much simpler that way. Plus if malware is the problem, then they know it's been totally wiped out.

Is this an XP computer? If it is, then you might ask if it's worth restoring XP since Microsoft will be ceasing all support in just a couple of months.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Nuke The Hard Drive? [Re: lexxy] #939659
02/10/14 07:46 PM
02/10/14 07:46 PM
Michigan
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
Sometimes its good to just start again fresh.Your computer will be free of problems and seem faster too.
But before you do this save your Documents folder,Your Favorites folder,and any important Pictures to a flash drive or external harddrive if you have one.
If you do decide to do this the very first thing you should do when you get it back is install an antivirus program and run it because a newly installed antivirus program will run a preliminary scan to have a record of good computer settings to compare to.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users