GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review #87811
11/20/01 01:12 AM
11/20/01 01:12 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Moderators !!

If you feel this isn't worthy of a slot in GB Reviews (being only a very mini, mini) please feel free to wipe it out at once

Cheers.

Mad.

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review #87812
11/20/01 01:38 AM
11/20/01 01:38 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Here it is then......

The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review

This is one of the most enjoyable games I have played this year !!

The story was certainly intriguing enough to make me want to keep following the thread and become addicted :-)

The graphics were for the most part good - in fact some of the scenery in the different worlds was quite breathtaking !!

The mixture of puzzles and their varying difficulties I found entirely satisfying - although I did have one very long frustrating time in a "maze like" section midway through the game.
However, as I have absolutely no sense of direction in real life, it was only to be expected ;-)

The music was a bit of a disappointment.
Pleasant and appropriate enough on the first visit to each location (and different for each location) it DID soon become repetative and tedious if you were in that location for any length of time :-(

A simple interface and easy navigation system are a boon for me - and this game had both.
I like to save frequently too and so the unlimited save slots - with room for text - went down very well.

All in all then, I would recommend this game as a nice play. It doesn't overtax the old brain cells but it isn't "fall over easy" either - so it's suitable for beginners or old timers both !!

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review #87813
11/20/01 08:56 AM
11/20/01 08:56 AM
Georgia USA
D
DocPaul Offline
Addicted Boomer
DocPaul  Offline
Addicted Boomer
D

Georgia USA
I really loved this game also. And Arthur was so funny! My favorite was when he starts singing Up Up and Away while in the El Dorado world.
I also liked the fact that you did not get killed. And the suit idea was terrific. I wish they would make another one using it.
Paul

Re: The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review #87814
11/25/01 10:08 PM
11/25/01 10:08 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Very good review Mad I too loved JP3 - it was my favorite out of the three of them. Arthur was a hoot (but then I enjoyed him in all three of the games). The locations were absolutely gorgeous - that maze under the temple nearly drove me over the edge - but other than that - it was a great, great game.

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review #87815
12/07/01 01:01 AM
12/07/01 01:01 AM
Michigan
taf4 Offline
Settled Boomer
taf4  Offline
Settled Boomer

Michigan
I just finished the game tonight, and thought it was pretty good. Everyone should check it out. Unlike other sequels, this one does pick up where the previous ones left off, but enough background information is given so you wont be lost smile And the graphics were wonderful.. I loved the effect of the screen getting brighter when you look into light. Plays great no bugs, little disk swapping for a 4 disc game. Also, I found it to be a good length, even though others said it was kinda short.
I had mixed feeling about Arthur: his comments ranged from funny to downright cringe-inducingly bad.
My couple of gripes smile : 1) I am tired of seeing the same locations over and over in adventure games, atlantis especially. Can't we have one game without atlantis appearing in it? wink However, this one from 1998, so perhaps it would count as being before the others. 2) the music.. The 'theme' was great, but within the worlds, especially el dorado, the music may consist of one chord change repeated over and over.. and loudly. Was a bit repititious, but tolerable.. Still.. I give it a B+

Re: The Journeyman Project 3 : Legacy of Time : Mad's Mini Review #87816
12/19/01 04:58 PM
12/19/01 04:58 PM
Hudson Valley, NY
DoreenS Offline
Graduate Boomer
DoreenS  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Hudson Valley, NY
Great review Mad. I could never have written so well. I enjoyed this game many times and I loved it.
I'm sure you could write many reviews and will look forward to seeing some here.

wave wave wave Doreen

Doreen
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 392 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users