GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
MY thoughts on NI.BI.RU #88788
09/13/05 11:21 AM
09/13/05 11:21 AM
H
HEMLOCK Offline OP
Settled Boomer
HEMLOCK  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
H

While I was excited and exuberant about playing Nibiru at first. happydance
My overall thoughts after finishing Nibiru are. duh

While the graphic renderings in Nibiru were sometimes visually stunning and picturesque. I did not care for all of the black transition screens between scenes, and I felt the load times were entirely too long and slowed the game down immensely. I found myself impatiently waiting for the game play to continue.

The game play is standard adventure game fare. Point, click and then go.

The overall sound quality was excellent. But, the voice acting was stereotypical and in my opinion just slightly above average. whistle The box boasts of a captivating musical score, but for the life of me I can't remember any of it. So much for captivating eh?

The plot was intriguing. I was supposed to be going on this exhilarating and mysterious adventure and I was going to unlock and learn the secrets of the ancient Myans.(at least that's what it say's on the box) The story line however was ho hum, and what I got out of it was this slow tedious journey that traversed back and forth from scene to scene in order to trigger dialog points to move the story line along. There are also a number of side quests that must also be accomplished in order to keep the plot moving forward.
In the mean time I spent a great deal of time pixel hunting for hot spots and gathering inventory items I needed to use during game play. Many of the inventory items have to be combined to keep the game play moving along or to unlock a puzzle. I offer these words of advice. Right Click! When you get stuck right click on everything. laugh
The puzzles were straight forward, logical and sometimes challenging enough to make you scratch your head once or twice. But, for the most part they weren't overly difficult.

It also seemed to me that the game ended without finishing the story! and in my mind left many unanswered questions.

Ok, Shussssssh now! and I'll let you in on the Myan's Dirty Little Secret.

Click to reveal..
They had little grey alien technology! oops Yep! That's it!

I give it a 3 out of 5.

Re: MY thoughts on NI.BI.RU #88789
09/13/05 08:37 PM
09/13/05 08:37 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hey Doc --

I added some asterixes at the end of the review to move the end game plot spoiler up so no one would accidentally see it when reading this post!

I confess that I didn't read the box as closely as you did, and so didn't have any real expectations. Going back to read the box now.

Hmmm. I like those pages behind the box cover -- I don't think I've seen that before.

I agree -- the box does lead you to believe you'll find out more info about the Mayans than is actually in the game. Curious.

Re: MY thoughts on NI.BI.RU #88790
09/14/05 07:30 AM
09/14/05 07:30 AM
H
HEMLOCK Offline OP
Settled Boomer
HEMLOCK  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
H

Becky, Thanks! I wasn't thinking it could be seen accidently & thanks for the extra asterisk's lol

Re: MY thoughts on NI.BI.RU #88791
09/14/05 11:55 AM
09/14/05 11:55 AM
Florida
Legolas813 Offline
Settled Boomer
Legolas813  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I don't remember any load times while playing. Everything is pretty much instaneous. Also, I think the puzzles and story were done better than other recent games I can remember.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users