GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Heaven #544817
09/08/09 02:15 AM
09/08/09 02:15 AM
Richmond, Va.
M
maggiebe Offline OP
Shy Boomer
maggiebe  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
M

Richmond, Va.
There is no game here. I'm so disappointed with this. Shiny graphics do not make a game.
A golden compass and a glorified egomaniac aren't enjoyable. The developers said this was a long game, that is a lie. I have never finished an adventure game without a walkthru
and then it takes me at least a month. There were about 7 task, that can't be completed without help from axis, even when you know what to do, there is no free will, no roaming about. As a adventure gamer I feel jiped (sic). As a disciple of Yeshua, and a Child of the Most High, I'm sadden this long awaited offering didnot have more going for it
as a teaching tool.

Maggiebe
Re: Heaven [Re: maggiebe] #544819
09/08/09 02:27 AM
09/08/09 02:27 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi maggiebe -- thanks for the mini-review. I wasn't aware that the developers said that the game was very long, though from the website it looks like there are several portions of heaven to explore.

How long did it take you to complete it, and did you need to use hints?

Re: Heaven [Re: Becky] #544833
09/08/09 04:12 AM
09/08/09 04:12 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
I've been waiting for a review on this game, since it looked like a good-looking puzzle game, but it seems like it's a game I would really not enjoy...

I'll wait for more reviews and opinions, but thanks maggiebe.

There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.
Re: Heaven [Re: Tomer] #544984
09/08/09 11:24 AM
09/08/09 11:24 AM
Richmond, Va.
M
maggiebe Offline OP
Shy Boomer
maggiebe  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
M

Richmond, Va.
It took me about 4-5 hrs over 3days. It's very shiny and all task take place basically within the same environment, and everything looks the same. your raised up a level by various means(nice)by the time your looking forward to different views the game ends. no advancing thru the openning, or dialogue.
the game saves itself just like it plays itself. (the puzzles).
OK I'm done.

Maggiebe
Re: Heaven [Re: maggiebe] #544988
09/08/09 11:42 AM
09/08/09 11:42 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks maggiebe!

Re: Heaven [Re: Becky] #545028
09/08/09 01:04 PM
09/08/09 01:04 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Thanks, maggiebe

I was waiting for some kind of Boomer review on the game...

Right now it doesn't sound too promising frown

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Heaven [Re: Darleen03] #545088
09/08/09 03:52 PM
09/08/09 03:52 PM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

It will be interesting to see different points of view on this. I am still trying to process it. Some of the puzzles I found difficult and quite a challenge because beyond your guide telling you to do X. You are on your own to figure out how. There are about seven levels to get through and the key is to solve a puzzle to allow passage. Here is a spoiler example. The Apostle Puzzle.

Click to reveal..
You have 12 poles with a spinning top when you activate them. On each pole you find a symbol that represents an apostle. You have to figure out which symbol goes with each apostle. To do this you go to an island where your guide hands you a telescope. Looking through it you see the names of the apostles with the symbol next to them. That is not quite enough though. The symbols through the telescope view are not exactly the same as they appear on the poles. you have to work it out and drawing them on paper. Now then beyond matching the two you have to click on the poles in a proper order. In other words even if you have them matched correctly if you don't have them 1-12 in order you start over. It does not tell you if the order is wrong or the symbol was wrong. You would think a simple list of the apostles top to bottom is the order, however the list partially repeats itself. The question is do you start top to number 12 or start bottom up or just which apostle is first. I would not call this exactly easy. You start with the third apostle in the list if I recall correctly. There was a subtle clue that finally tipped me off. Several of the puzzles require you to bang your head to discover the clue.

Based on that I suspect many will enjoy the challenge while others will become frustrated. I guess an expert puzzle solver will say it was easy while many won't I solved one puzzle by randomly doing it over and over and have no clue how I did it.

Last edited by oldmariner; 09/08/09 03:56 PM.
Re: Heaven [Re: oldmariner] #545238
09/08/09 10:38 PM
09/08/09 10:38 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
"I solved one puzzle by randomly doing it over and over and have no clue how I did it."

I do that a LOT !!

Sounds like I have honed a skill I will need for "Heaven" then !! lol

Oooops !! Sorry, maggiebe, I nearly forgot to thank you for your thoughts on the game blush

Last edited by Mad; 09/08/09 10:39 PM.

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Heaven [Re: Mad] #545281
09/09/09 04:20 AM
09/09/09 04:20 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Guess I'll skip it then :-\
Not drowning with money currently...

There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.
Re: Heaven [Re: oldmariner] #545656
09/10/09 12:00 AM
09/10/09 12:00 AM
Richmond, Va.
M
maggiebe Offline OP
Shy Boomer
maggiebe  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
M

Richmond, Va.
I didn't find it easy at first, started over many times, never knowing I could turn the compass off and not be told where to go!!
(instruction please)I couldn't get close to anything I wasn't suppose to touch. if I
ruined anyone's play forgive me. If you have children and you don't mind them hearing 'Praise Jesus'w alot w/ no substance to it (again, why is Judas name on the wall?)...then give the game a try. The graphics are beautiful.

Maggiebe
Re: Heaven [Re: maggiebe] #546163
09/11/09 09:55 AM
09/11/09 09:55 AM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

land gal just wanna have fun
One question is there speech in the game? Is there interactive conversation where we choose which answer? How many characters in the game do we get to speak with?

In answer to your question about why Judas's name is on the wall, I have the answer. The Apostle that is written on the wall in Heaven is not the betrayer Judas Iscariot, but instead the bible says there were 2 desciples of Yahshua (Jesus Christ) with the name of Judas it seems that Thaddaeus was also known as “Judas, son of James”.

is there a main object in the game to accomplish? Thanks for giving your review. Still counting down the days until it arrives in my mailbox in Ireland, Paul said Sept.15 and I will see the game for myself.

Re: Heaven [Re: Sherryah] #546680
09/12/09 11:23 PM
09/12/09 11:23 PM
Richmond, Va.
M
maggiebe Offline OP
Shy Boomer
maggiebe  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
M

Richmond, Va.
Greetings Sherryah, Axis speaks, quotes scripture.
your characs. never speaks, you get a glimpse of Michael before he lands the shuttle, and a glimpse of other characs. at the end. enjoy.
I believe the goal is to reach the throne of Jesus.

Maggiebe
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LadyKestrel, 1 invisible), 395 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users