GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Star Trek BORG (youtube) #607205
03/20/10 09:34 AM
03/20/10 09:34 AM
Australia
Adventurer4Life Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Adventurer4Life  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

Australia
Hey guys... back with my last review for a while .I tend to do them in 2's but I did 3 this month!!! OMG... heh... oh well back to work now smile

Ok well this is for Star Trek BORG a FMV interactive star trek episode and a sorely under rated game imo. This is an old game from 1996 and was pretty hard for me to track down. I am still looking for a "in good nick" version of its predecessor Star Trek: Klingon. This game was a real pain to get running. I had to end up running it in a 95 virtualization. This was when applications came in both dos and windows, and Microsoft "encouraged" developers to check the OS before launching the games. If 95 is not detected, the game will not load, a really bad move and the bain of us retro gamers. There is a patch (Google: Star trek Borg patch) that gets it to run in XP, and I hear vista and win7.. but only in a 32bit environment. It will not run in 64bit windows at all, and for some reason my 32 bit XP virtualization wouldn't display, the videos played but appeared as black. Anyway.. I had to set up a 95 virtualization and that was a bit harder than you might think.. Still I got it working and it is well worth the effort if you are a trek fan, or just interested in FMV game in general.

Anyway, while this game is terrific and I really enjoyed it. I would only really advise it for Star Trek fans (like me!) and anyone interested in the lost and, imo, ever under-valued and potentially amazing game type that is FMV.

I hope you like the video

Happy Adventuring
--AFL

YouTube = Star Trek Borg (Review)
YouTube Direct Link MP4 - download
YouTube Direct Link HD MP4 - download

Last edited by Adventurer4Life; 03/20/10 09:34 AM.

Check out my youtube channel "AdventureReviews"
-- save often save early ---
Re: Star Trek BORG (youtube) [Re: Adventurer4Life] #607285
03/20/10 01:25 PM
03/20/10 01:25 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Great review! I loved this game. The hardest part was getting the game to recognize that I was trying to interact with it -- finding the right pixel wasn't enough, I found. I had to hold the mouse button down for several seconds to get anything to register.

Q is brilliant in it. lol "I hope you're learning something from your little mistakes?"

I liked the Casebook FMV footage at the end of the review, too. Interesting that FMV has improved when hardly anybody was making games with FMV footage.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dorf, BrownEyedTigre, 1 invisible), 471 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users