GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Egypt 2 "The Heliopolis Prophecy" A Review. #87338
05/23/01 01:24 PM
05/23/01 01:24 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Egypt 2 " The Heliopolis Prophecy" By Cryo.
Windows 95/98 2 Cds.

I've only played about 15 adventure games, but this is the most relaxing one I have ever played. Maybe it just seemed especially so since I played it after the tension filled Traitor's Gate.
The story line is quite interesting, and one is able to really get into it since the navigation, puzzles and interface are not mind bogling distractions. You play Tifet, a young priestess who has been summoned by her adoptive, ailing father to find a cure for a mysterious distease that has been sweeping through Heliopolis, striking down it's people, including him. But first you have to find the "Cause", and so begins your journey. And finally, you have to find the cure.
The game is absolutely linear, you cannot progress until you have accomplished what you need to do in any segment. You cannot go wrong, so there is no endless backtracking trying to figure out what you have missed. The puzzles are very well woven into the plot, but they are quite easy unless you have no rhythm at all and cannot play the drums.
There is a fair amount of dialogue in the game. I am not a great fan of rambling talking heads, but I found myself eager for people to talk to since their dialogue was always pertinent.
The graphics are typically Cryo, historically accurate, fascinating, but not awesome. As with their other historical games, they include a body of information on the culture of that time, so the game can be an educational tool as well.
I played the game in two evenings, without a hint and without a headache. It is an ideal pause between tough, hair pulling games. But is was also fun and satisfying. After all, you are a herione. You saved Heliopolis!

Re: Egypt 2 "The Heliopolis Prophecy" A Review. #87339
05/23/01 02:32 PM
05/23/01 02:32 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Daw,

This is a review I ran right over here to read. I have Egypt 2 sitting on my shelf among a few others and was wondering what to play next.

It sounds as if I am loading Egypt 2 tonight. I definitely am in the mood for a relaxing game right now. It's graduation week in our house and with all the other end of the year school stuff - I have stuck a taxi light on the top of my van. LOL I do have a question for you though. I was curious whether you also played Egypt 1 and if so how would you compare Egypt 2 to your gaming experience with the first game.

Laura

Re: Egypt 2 "The Heliopolis Prophecy" A Review. #87340
05/23/01 05:31 PM
05/23/01 05:31 PM
England
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer
tigger  Offline
Graduate Boomer

England
Relaxing. Hmm, one of the words I would have used to describe this fabulous game, the other being gentle. (you all know how I feel about killing anything!!)

A fabulous review, captures the essence of the game, makes me want to play it and I have already finished it!!!

Hugs
Tig

A bounce a day keeps the doctor away!!
Playing Sims2, Sherlock, Phantom of Venice
Reading Storm Breaking
Re: Egypt 2 "The Heliopolis Prophecy" A Review. #87341
05/23/01 05:43 PM
05/23/01 05:43 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi Laura,

Yes, I did play Egypt I, and I like this one much better. Egypt I was okay, but I thought the story line a bit dull and some of the puzzles irrelevant. This game is much more cohesive, a tight package, with a realistic plot line that was very easy to follow.
This game may not be challenging enough for many gamers, but for the two evenings I played it, it was a welcome break.
I might add, I did download a patch from the Cryo web page before I played it. I tend to look for patches now before I even start a game. It played without a hitch on my Windows ME. Whether it would have without the patch...dunno.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 487 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users