GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Companions of Xanth #87655
09/22/01 05:18 PM
09/22/01 05:18 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Companions of Xanth
Legend Entertainment
Dos but ran fine with a W98 shortcut
First person point and click

Story

Two demons named Xanth and Earth devise a game in which two Mundanes are pitted against each other. Winner take all - if the mundane of Xanth's choosing wins - magic will continue on Xanth, if the mundane of Earth's choosing wins - no more magic on Xanth. You are the champion mundane of Xanth and Kim is the mundane champion of Earth - the only thing is neither you, Kim nor your companions know what is at stake. You all just think it's a game to get to the goblet.

Your first mission - choose a companion to guide you through the perils of Xanth, where you'll meet the dreaded Loc Pic monster, the evil Com-pewter and the bad tempered Fairy Nuff, along with assorted ogres, dragons, trolls and of course the awful smelling censor-ship. You'll even meet a geniune Fire man with his trusty "hot dog".

Gameplay

Simple point and click, inventory based game. You can talk to your companion any time you want - sometimes you'll get a hint on what needs to be done, sometimes not. The game is punny and so are the puzzles - as long as you keep that in mind they are not all that difficult to solve.

Conclusion

I thoroughly enjoyed this game - it was humorous and one you can just play without too much hair pulling. I highly recommend it if you can find it.

Oh, there is a maze - and a nasty one at that (at least for me but then most of them are)

[This message has been edited by syd (edited 09-22-2001).]

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Companions of Xanth #87656
09/22/01 07:51 PM
09/22/01 07:51 PM
Fayetteville, NC
Gremlynn Offline
Settled Boomer
Gremlynn  Offline
Settled Boomer

Fayetteville, NC
Wow Syd. Haven't heard mention of this game in a long time. Played it some years back and really enjoyed it. Glad you did too.

Re: Companions of Xanth #87657
09/22/01 10:54 PM
09/22/01 10:54 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi.

Played this again myself only a few months ago and really enjoyed it :-)

Love most of those old Legend games.

Still got one left that I haven't yet played......Mission Critical.

Is it as good as the others ??

Cheers.

Mad.

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Companions of Xanth #87658
09/22/01 11:09 PM
09/22/01 11:09 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hi Mad -

Mission Critical is wonderful - you're going to love it. I have one more Legend game to play also (I think) Death Gate - that's loaded up to go next.

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Companions of Xanth #87659
09/24/01 12:55 AM
09/24/01 12:55 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sorry Sydders the BAAGiest,

I forgot to post at your thread. Yikes - I am not a good co-mod this week.

This is funny though - cause I just got the Lost Classics of Legend in this week. It has Spellcasting 101, Companions of Xanth among others. I was wondering when I would load it up and what to play on it first and there was your review. Sounds like a great game. You know how I avoid punny language - but I'll take that aspect in stride and won't let it cow me one bit.

Of course it figures that with your exceptional good taste you would have this game too.

Mission Critical was one of the first games I ever played on a PC (vs the MAC) and it is still one of my favorites.

Laura

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 309 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users