GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Think X, a puzzle game #88156
05/11/02 02:14 AM
05/11/02 02:14 AM
E Sussex UK
Jude Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Jude  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

E Sussex UK
Those of you in search of a great “slide the blocks together to make them disappear” type puzzle game, please read on.
I bought this game from a charity shop. It was produced by JoWood in 1996 and the specs on the box state it is for a 486/40 IBM or better, Windows 3.1 or higher. The game instructions have been translated from German and are very appealing “Don’t let you disturb by vanishing bridges, firing shooters, crushing weaklies and many more …what do you want more!”.

For a long time I thought this game was called Think and still had Think X on my wanted list after seeing someone’s post about this game on GB. This is because the “X” sits behind the Think on the box in a different colour and font. I know the game has been re-released within the last year or so and I have seen it at Software first for £9.99 in a DVD case.

Installation

I expected trouble from an old game. Have to confess I don’t remember what I did to install it (I presume I stuck the disc in the drive and away she went) but the game runs sweetly under Windows 98 from the start menu. I do not have to get into DOS, change the screen settings or close down background running applications. I am surprised and grateful.

Gameplay

It is a straightforward puzzle game, the aim being to clear the area of all the different types of pieces by making them collide. The interface is point and click. The graphics are bright and colourful with a high tech feel. The are minimal sound effects and a choice of unintrusive background music playing. There are 6 levels of difficulty and the graphics change with each level which is a nice touch. I am only on the 2nd level and am already finding the puzzles challenging but I get the impression there is more than one solution to each game.

Verdict

This game deserves more attention than it has received. I “do not want more” at all.

Re: Think X, a puzzle game #88157
05/11/02 10:15 AM
05/11/02 10:15 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Jude - Interesting review.

It is nice to see a straightforward puzzle game reviewed here as many of our members enjoy these games in addition to plot based adventure games. Pandora is one of my personal faves and I have it loaded at all times for those times when I just want to do some puzzles.

I hadn't heard about this game before. It sounds pretty good from your description. Thanks smile

Laura

Re: Think X, a puzzle game #88158
05/11/02 11:48 AM
05/11/02 11:48 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Jude.

Although I'm not normally attracted to "straight forward puzzle games without a story", I really enjoyed reading your review and am now fighting the temptation to add "puzzle" games to my repertoire wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, 1 invisible), 546 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users