GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
[Crimson Room] and [Viridian Room] Review Compilation #87641
05/11/04 11:31 AM
05/11/04 11:31 AM
Seoul
mrkwang Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mrkwang  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Seoul
Crimson Room

Flash Freeware Adventure Game, from Japan! But don't worry about Language barrier, It has English edition.

The object is 'to get out of the Crimson Room', and Graphic & Puzzle are well done, maybe due to size of the room & game itself.

But the problem is, this game is full of 'Pixel Hunting'! If you play it with bigger screen, that could be better, but if you visit their homepage through the right link, screen could be too small to do 'Pixel Hunting'. And with 'Hot Spot', mouse cursor doesn't change at all, so player could have hard times to go through.

I can't say that this is 'Highly Recommendable Game', due to invisible 'Hot Spot' & extreme 'Pixel Hunting', anyway this could be worth to give a try.

Where to play.
http://www.datacraft.co.jp/takagism/crimson_room/crimson_room.swf

Viridian Room

Did you play [Crimson Room]? Well done graphic & interface, but terrible pixel hunting did hunt us all. If you cleared once, you could re-clear within 3 minutes. But if you play it for the first time, you could even throw mouse away several hours later!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Here comes the pain, no I mean, here comes the sequel.

This time, more worse! If you didn't IDENTIFY specific item, some hot spot will never be released. And you must do HUNT EVERY PIXEL to find a key, which is invisible. And! You must do the random puzzle about CHINESE CHARACTER & DICE!

Okay. Difficulty grew up. But I don't call it difficult game. I just call it as

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA****************NNNNNNN!

Graphic is good, sound is good, ending is good, but PIXEL HUNTING hunt us all! I got an walkthrough with picture, but even it couldn't help me perfect. Wow. What a!

It's kinda SHAREWARE which you can buy GUIDE w/ Credit Card. Half of benifit will be donated to Unicef, whatever, I didn't do it.

Where to play(do pain) [Viridian Room] (It has traffic limit, so could be out when you visit.)
http://www.fasco-cs.com/works/viridian/index_e.html

Walkthrough w/ Picture (But you'll be confused, still.)
http://www.nordinho.com/article.php/20040423195656465

Re: [Crimson Room] and [Viridian Room] Review Compilation #87642
05/11/04 01:41 PM
05/11/04 01:41 PM
U.S.A.
Gamehound Offline
Addicted Boomer
Gamehound  Offline
Addicted Boomer

U.S.A.
I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as you proclaim. Most of it is intuitive, and pixel-hunting I didn't experience.

The worst part of room #2 was the beer can at the end of the game. Still, it is doable. smile

Gamehound

Can't find those rare adventures? Come visit me here for the tactics I use.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users