GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
THE LEGEND OF THE PROPHET AND THE ASSASSIN REVIEW #87290
01/04/05 05:38 PM
01/04/05 05:38 PM
kirkland, washington
destiny09 Offline OP
Shy Boomer
destiny09  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

kirkland, washington
Hey all!
I really enjoyed playing this game and i hope after this you will too.

STORYLINE
This story begins many centuries ago in the land of the arabian desert where a tormented soul by the name of As-syf begins his search to find peace. As-syfs hands had long been stained with the blood of many and that blood had also stained his heart, his past crimes wheighed down on him until he heard of a city called Jebus where everyone could forget thier past and live together in peace. But when he reached Jebus he found that the city was a deserted ruin. He later found that a prophet by the name of simon that had promised that he would come to Jebus and make thier lives better, had broken his pomise and had never come. Hatred and Anger burned like hot embers in As-syfs heart and he became filled with rage, he took of on a journey to find this man, this false prophet named simon, and he vowed that he would find this prophet and kill him for what he had done. But little did as-syf know that his journey in search of simon would lead him to so much more.

CHARACTERS
Every character you will find in this game fits in perfectly with the story and even some of the puzzles, however the characters sometimes don't give you a direct answer when you ask them how to get to a certain place or what a certain object is, some of them will even speak in riddles. The one downfall i find is that character will often send you back and forth to different places or people, you might find yourself going back and fourth between places or people two or three times. Despite this the character do fit in with the game pretty well.
And also not all the characters are who are what they appear to be.

Graphics
Id have to say the graphics are pretty realistic and some of them even beautiful. It almost seems as if your thrown into the world your playing. But some of the graphic scenes and cutscenes are a little choppy but i'd still give it an 8 out of 10.

GAMEPLAY
The gameplay icons are pretty similar to ones youll see in alot of games an eye indicates to zoom in or out at an object an arrow in a scroll indicates you can move in that direction, a closed scrow, meaning neutrel, and an open hand meanin you can pick something up and add it to your inventory. One of my favorite things about the gameplay was the actions menu, where you can use your sword or dagger on someone or something by just pointing and clicking. The downfall about the gameplay is that sometimes the movement in the game can be slow and that slows you down quite a bit but, other than that id say gameplay was pretty good.

PUZZLES
There are alot of puzzles in this game, some of them extremly hard and some of them pretty simple. During this game you'll encouter quite a few riddle that give you important clues on how to solve a perticular puzzle or give important clues on the storyline of the game. There is one bad thing about the puzzles there are alot of them!! So its easy to get tired out on the puzzles exspecially since this is a two part game and each part has puzzles harder then the last. But even so this game deserves and 8 out of 10.

I hope after reading this you will want to go and get the game and play it. I had fun playing this puzzle and i hope you do too.
Happy game playing!!!
Destiny09 happydance

Re: THE LEGEND OF THE PROPHET AND THE ASSASSIN REVIEW #87291
01/04/05 05:55 PM
01/04/05 05:55 PM
Ontario, Canada
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer
colpet  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
Nice review!
This was a game I really liked; I played it a few years back. Oddly enough, I just finished Pilgrim, the prequel to this game. Your review reminded me about how Simon, the central character in Pilgrim, fits into the next game.
BTW, Prophet was the first game where I got a little crush on the lead character. Gorgeous to look at, and that voice!

Re: THE LEGEND OF THE PROPHET AND THE ASSASSIN REVIEW #87292
01/05/05 02:55 AM
01/05/05 02:55 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi destiny09 smile

Thanks for your review laugh

I too enjoyed the game and I too thought the Hero was very delectable lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: THE LEGEND OF THE PROPHET AND THE ASSASSIN REVIEW #87293
01/11/05 03:06 AM
01/11/05 03:06 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
Nice work, destiny! I too liked the last part of the trilogy the best. And yes, like you other naughty ladies - what a voice!!! lol

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (OrleansBelle, dorish, Winfrey, BrownEyedTigre), 252 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users