GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
A Tale of 2 games:Atlantis II & Atlantis III #861110
01/08/13 07:23 PM
01/08/13 07:23 PM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

florida
I played these oldies way back when I first discovered Adventure games and they were state of the art. GOG had them for sale and they look great even now.

Atlantis II Beyond Atlantis,(1999), takes you to the ancient Maya of Mexico, China in the age of Confucious,Ireland in Celtic times,outer space,and of course, Shambala. You also get to see the underwater ruins of?...Atlantis!
You are "Ten", who meets an ancient shaman in the frozen mountains of Tibet where he is waiting for you in a flying ship with a magic orb which will take you on your "path" to these many destinations. You will be "Tapic", a young warrior in the land of the maya, "Felim",a monk in Ireland, and "Wie Yulan" in China.Finally after figuring out these places,in Shambala you learn Your ultimate mission is to unite light and dark and make the Earth whole again( or something)But there's lots to do along the way.
I found all of the places and characters eye-catching, colorful,capturing the atmospheres of different time and place(my favorite thing in games), and unique but a couple of the puzzles are downright diabolical-esp. the rainbow bridge and the spiderweb.Enough of the puzzles are logical so you feel a sense of accomplishment. However I found a few spots where I could see no logical reasoning from the game, so resorted to walkthru.Even so, an enjoyable game.

In the next game,"Atlantis III The New World"(2001),interestingly, the link between the two games is not Atlantis, but Shambala.
This time you visit the Sahara, Ancient Egypt, Siberia in the Mammoth Age, Baghdad of the Arabian Nights, an amazing maze-like you've never seen- (your brain interior?), where your muse the Dolphin awaits with cryptic instructions, and Shambala again where an elderly couple help you on your quest.
You begin as a young woman archeologist crashes her jeep in the Hoggar region of the Sahara in Africa.An evil looking man has meanwhile closed off a well area in search of a crystal scull with will give him special powers.You are rescued by "Tarqui", a (handsome) young desert dweller who is searching for the man and his guards who have cut off access to his water.He says to wait while he goes off to search, but of course you secretly follow, which leads you into the adventure.
You become different characters: a stone-age cave-woman,Sheherazade the sultan's wife, and the young thief who tries to win her heart. Like the previous game, the music is very good and fits the stories. The locations are imaginative, colorful, and capture other places and times well.
The puzzles in this game make more sense and are a little easier to figure out because they fit the context of the story.( if you can figure out what the real story is) However, I found this one less interesting and it didn't hold my attention as much. And there is no real connection to Atlantis that I could see. It really is more about finding the crystal Skull before it is put to evil use. I enjoyed playing it again though.

Last edited by bigmamma1; 01/08/13 07:27 PM. Reason: missspeeling

People do not remember how much you know,only how you make them feel
finished Gray Matter, playing Alice Madness returns and Deponia
Re: A Tale of 2 games:Atlantis II & Atlantis III [Re: bigmamma1] #861111
01/08/13 07:32 PM
01/08/13 07:32 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Bigmamma wave

It's always good to hear that an older game lives up to your memories of it. puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: A Tale of 2 games:Atlantis II & Atlantis III [Re: bigmamma1] #861261
01/09/13 01:54 PM
01/09/13 01:54 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Thank you bigmamma1 for your interesting review! I played Atlantis 3 first, really liked it & managed to track down Atlantis 1 - The Lost Tales. It took me a few years to find Atlantis 2! It was a long time ago I played them but remember enjoying them very much! smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, Urban Worrier), 225 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users