GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Woodruff and the Schnibble #87467
06/19/01 07:22 PM
06/19/01 07:22 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I just noticed that someone has requested a review of Woodruff and the Schnibble. Although it's been years since I played Woodruff, and I don't own it anymore, I enjoyed it so thoroughly and I rememeber much of it so clearly, that I think I can write a decent review.
Woodruff and the Schnibble is a humorous point-and-click cartoon adventure from Sierra. I don't remember exactly what Woodruff's quest involved, but for some reason he had to find the mysterious Schnibble to make the world right again. His adventures take him thru many amusing (often hilarious) settings and situations. As I recall, there's a lot of real humor here, without ever getting gross or off-color -- something that a lot of newer games mistakenly think they have to do be be fun and funny. But Woodruff and the Schnibble proves that a game can be great fun without the barnyard and bathroom "humor."
It seemed to me that the game got more and more difficult as it went along. I was able to do about 85% of it without help. As silly as the situations and puzzles were at the outset, they pretty much made sense. But towards the end, things got SO wacky, that I needed to seek a walkthrough. That, in itself, was no easy task in those long-ago days before I had access to the internet. But the quest for a walkthrough felt like a fun extension of the game itself.
Though it was so long ago that I played the game, I was just thinking of Woodruff last night, as I was playing Gilbert Goodmate. There I was, looking at a barrel of tar outside the tavern in Phungoria, and wondering if I'd need to dip a "bluxtre nut" in it, as I did in Woodruff.
Woodruff and the Schnibble was the third adventure game I ever played, right after the original Myst and Lighthouse. So I must have played it either in DOS or Win 3.1. My guess is that it shouldn't present a problem with more recent versions of windows, but I can't say for sure.
In any case, it certainly left me with some very happy memories.
Maybe I'll see if I can find another copy and play it again!

Re: Woodruff and the Schnibble #87468
06/20/01 10:47 AM
06/20/01 10:47 AM
Arkansas - U>S>
rainbowlady Offline
Addicted Boomer
rainbowlady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Arkansas - U>S>
i own woodruff and the schibble, and it's on a cd and runs fine without any problems installing and playing on my windows 98.
i haven't really played the game, but it does look like a lot of fun. another fun game is torin's passage - which is also cartoonish ike k.q. and the m.i. series and the schinbble.
rainbow

------------------
i am not perfect, but i am perfectly human.

i'm not perfect, but i'm perfectly human. Grant me serenity to accept what can't change, courage to change what can & wisdom to know the difference
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 359 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users