GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Faradise #87588
08/22/01 12:46 AM
08/22/01 12:46 AM
WA. USA
lasanidine Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
lasanidine  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

WA. USA
Some of us are playing an online game called Faradise. I am so glad that Unicorn brought this game to our attention. The game setup is simple enough, no sophisticated game engine here, no 3D 360 degree world. It is true that the photographic pictures are very beautiful, sometimes the hot spots are hard to find, which is of course part of the challenge. The puzzles are logical and well thought out, they are not super hard but they are not pushovers either. There is a story and an interesting one which drives you on to the next level. When you accomplish a feat you feel satisfaction and enjoy seeing the talisman coming to life with its shiny jewels. I have played this game through as far as I could and hardly can wait for the next installment. I guess they never thought that it will get this popular or that we catch up this fast. This game is a perfect example of what the GameBoomers always maintained, that graphics alone do not make a good game, you have to have a good story to grab the player's interest. Do not misunderstand I would not want all my games to be as unsophisticated as this is but I think for a free game this is definitely a winner. http://www.faradise.com is a commercial site, but they have the good taste not to mix ads with the game. There are several places to visit beside the game and the actual merchandise ads, these are also pleasantly full of all kind of information and recopies. I do not want to let the cat out of the bag more than necessary so let just say: "See you in Faradise".

P.S. I am working on a walkthrough and I will post it temporarily on my web site soon as Dee suggested. http://members.home.net/herondream

[This message has been edited by lasanidine (edited 08-23-2001).]

"I am not young enough to know everything."

Oscar Wilde
Re: Faradise #87589
08/23/01 12:03 AM
08/23/01 12:03 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Lasanidine,

Thank you so much for thinking to post a review of this online game. I also agree with your recognition of Unicorn for bringing this sweet game to our attention here at GB.

I have to admit that I have been remiss in forgeting to note any of the various "free" games that have been cropping up across the web. Many of them are quite excellent, particularly the "shockwave" based games. Of this group, faradise really shines. I have played it up to the 6th gem and after I get that sol;ved - will join you in waiting for the future episodes.

It has great puzzles, wonderful ambiant sounds and such a gorgeous environment. Heck - forget the game - I want to go to Faradise quickly. I agree that this gem of a game is solid proof that pretty graphics and beels and whistles do not make a fun game. It is the interface, story and uniqueness of Faradise that make it worth playing. The fact that it is free - is unbelievable!!

Laura

Re: Faradise #87590
08/23/01 02:05 PM
08/23/01 02:05 PM
Battle Creek, Michigan
MacDee Offline
Adept Boomer
MacDee  Offline
Adept Boomer

Battle Creek, Michigan
I highly recommend Faradise to all those who love a Myst-like interface. My only gripe is that it wasn't longer..... Great puzzles...

~Dee

Re: Faradise #87591
08/23/01 04:10 PM
08/23/01 04:10 PM
Napa CA USA
b42241 Offline
Addicted Boomer
b42241  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Napa CA USA
Playing Faradise is like a mini vacation to exotic isles. This is such a clever game. Everyone, try it and give us your reaction. I sure hope the next episodes are up SOON.

Re: Faradise #87592
08/26/01 01:19 PM
08/26/01 01:19 PM
Newark, DE
Glenna Offline
Settled Boomer
Glenna  Offline
Settled Boomer

Newark, DE
I also loved this game. The graphics are great, and so is the story. I want to go to one of those islands right now! I am waiting impatiently for the next episode.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 391 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users