GB HOMEPAGE

Overclocked

Posted By: grannieannie

Overclocked - 05/23/08 06:27 PM

Have finished Culpa Innata and enjoyed it very much. Again, thanks to my "helpers".
Now playing Overclocked. I'm having trouble setting the volume of the music lower even tho I have pushed the indicater all the way down.It seems the volume never sounds any different whether the indicater is all the way up or all the way down. Hope someone has a suggestion.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Overclocked - 05/23/08 06:33 PM

Hi grannieannie,

From the Settings option at Main Menu you should definitely be able to adjust in-game music separately from speech and sound effects. Are you tweaking the right indicator? Do the other indicators work correctly if you adjust them? think
Posted By: TLC

Re: Overclocked - 05/23/08 06:47 PM

Grannie,

In the settings, does the red dot move down the line? On mine, I have the red dot on the pic of the disk, so its turned off. Also make sure you click the check mark. wave
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Overclocked - 05/23/08 06:47 PM

Rushes, I'm having exactly the same problem--even when you move the indicator clear to the left, the music doesn't change.

Edit: at the suggestion of Inferno, I've moved the file called "resource.200" from the DVD2 into the game folder. After I did that (and made sure the music volume was all the way), I think the music has gone away--I'll have to go back into my game to double-check.

No sign of music at the moment--maybe that's fixed the problem...wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/25/08 10:14 PM

Thanks boomers. I've gotten the music to play very softly once in a while. At other times, it's silent.....aah
Current problem: I am in flashback #2 at the brick wall. I have used the gun but now cannot find the doors which are mentioned in the WT.

Re: Overclocked - 05/25/08 10:22 PM

Grannie,

Have you gone through the brick wall? There's one door to the left and the other doors are the other way. wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/25/08 10:40 PM

I haven't gone thru the wall yet. I made the hole but I can't go thru.

Re: Overclocked - 05/25/08 10:46 PM

Grannie,

The hole must not be big enough, keep shooting at the bricks. luck wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 10:23 PM

Thanks TLC - after I enlarged the hole, I was able to continue.
Now,I have finished flashback 2 and played the audio clips for both cell 1 and cell 3 but I'm stuck and can't go on to flashback 3.

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 10:32 PM

Hi grannieannie,

Did you receive the message from Moretti? That should give you a clue to jog the memory of the patient in cell 3.

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 10:45 PM

Grannie,

Did you use the radio in cell 3 after getting a message from Moretti? wave

Thanks, Rushes. smile

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 10:47 PM

I don't remember getting a message from Moretti. Is it possible that it came in and I failed to answer the phone?

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 10:51 PM

Grannie,

Check the messages on your PDA, you might have to scroll down for his message. luck

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 10:52 PM

You should already have the message, as I believe re-entering cell 3 after the last flashback was the trigger for this. Check your PDA, if it isn't there then go back to cell 3. luck

Re: Overclocked - 05/26/08 11:50 PM

Thank you TLC and Rushes --- There was a message in the PDA. I'm once again on the move.

Re: Overclocked - 05/27/08 12:02 AM

You're welcome, Grannie. Glad you found the message. yay wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/28/08 09:34 PM

After pushing the fuses in the nurse's station, I went to cell #3 and played every message there but David only says that he(patient) needs only a little more of a hint. Can't get any more progress from that point.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Overclocked - 05/28/08 09:36 PM

Are the lights turned off grannieannie?

Re: Overclocked - 05/28/08 09:40 PM

Grannie,

If the lights are still on, they need to be off and did you take and use the flashlight in cell 3? wave

Thanks Volkana. smile

Re: Overclocked - 05/28/08 10:43 PM

After I posted my question, I went back and fiddled around a little more and I discovered I was playing the wrong message. Thanks for your prompt help. I love knowing that you're out there. Thanks

Re: Overclocked - 05/28/08 10:47 PM

Grannie,

You're welcome. Glad you figured out what the problem was. thumbsup wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 01:38 PM

I can't get the word "afternoon" to appear on my PDA, tho I know I have seen it a couple of times before while I was clicking around. I believe the beginning of the PDA cycle is when the word "journal" appears. Is this correct?

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 08:28 PM

grannie, I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do with the PDA. Are you still moving forward in the game?

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 08:34 PM

Yes I have been.I am supposed to play an afternoon message to the patient in cell 5 from the PDA but I can't access the word 'afternoon' to click on.

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 08:35 PM

Grannie,

In the PDA, click the audio tape icon, then cell number, then date, then should see morning, etc. luck wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 09:22 PM

The only times that appear are: morning, evening and night

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 09:24 PM

Grannie,

What flashback are you up too? Are you following the WT? Maybe you missed doing something in another cell? wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/29/08 09:52 PM

Is this just after flashback 8, grannie?

The walkthrough states: Leave the cell and go to cell five. Play audio recording from cell three, 11/10, afternoon, part 2. Click on the patient.

Are you definitely looking at the recordings from cell 3?

Re: Overclocked - 05/30/08 03:11 AM

TLC and Rushes
Yes. it is just after flashback 8 and looking at cell 3 recording.

Re: Overclocked - 05/30/08 03:16 AM

Grannie,

Can you send me your "lastgame" save? wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/31/08 02:28 PM

tlc - I sent the lastgame save and hoping I did it correctly and that you have received it. Thanks

Re: Overclocked - 05/31/08 09:06 PM

Grannie,

I received it but couldn't get it to work. frown I think I'll need you to zip the saves folder. I sent you an email. wave

Re: Overclocked - 05/31/08 09:24 PM

I sent it a little while ago but I got a message from Mailer Daemon that it could not get it through. I've sent it again (on the basis that the first time I did it, it worked).

Re: Overclocked - 05/31/08 09:33 PM

Grannie,

I haven't received it. frown It could be a Yahoo problem. I'll email you from my other address. wave

Re: Overclocked - 06/02/08 07:53 PM

I have advanced a bit farther...now I need the key Cliff has for the jail door. I can't get bead on it yet, but I think I have to lure him back to his room. WT isn't clear on that and Universal Hint System doesn't address it at all. Does anyone know?

Re: Overclocked - 06/02/08 08:17 PM

Hi grannieannie,

Yes, you need to lure Cliff back to his room. Have you picked up the empty wine bottle from his room yet? Have you stood behind the door inside the room so that your character will realise he needs to lure Cliff? If you look at the object on the kitchen table, that might give you an idea.

Re: Overclocked - 06/02/08 09:57 PM

Thanks, Rushes. wave

Re: Overclocked - 06/03/08 12:25 AM

Thanks Rushes.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community