GB HOMEPAGE

Dracula - Origin

Posted By: Sly One

Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:04 AM

I know this game just came out and probably not alot of folks have it yet unless you got the download....but if there is anyone out there that is playing I'm a little stuck at the beginning and could use some help. I will check back in a bit to see if anyone is playing and can assist.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:10 AM

Sly,

Go ahead and post - a lot of us know the game.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:13 AM

Fantastic MaG...so I'm at the beginning and I'm in Mina's room at the map. Now I found the places where the the murder's have happened, but what do I do? I tried drawing a line with the pencil from place to place, but not quite sure if there is an order or not. What am I missing?
Posted By: boshettee

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:41 AM

Draw a line from where the murder happen to the direction Dracula fled: point A to point B for each murder

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:48 AM

Sly,

Click-hold the pencil on the circle of a place Dracula attacked and release on the place-circle you think is where he fled after that attack.
Do each place individually. Have fun.
Posted By: fildil

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:58 AM

I'm at the cemetary and was feeling quite proud of myself for figuring out the puzzles I came across, but the one about the spider, snake, toad and wolves has me stumped. I've tried clicking the eyes of multiple combinations, can anybody give me a hint?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:07 AM

Thanks....makes sense now.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:09 AM

Click the eyes of the spider, snake and the wolves. There are 3 wolves only. Then click on the wolf icon at top right.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:28 AM

I am playing the demo and found the dates of the birth of the Lemons and even turned upside down their ages which would be 99 and 98 am I correct? Yet when I put this where the combination is needed it tells me I am wrong. What are the combo numbers? Really impressed with this game the graphics are awesome and so are the voices and the way the character glides across the screen.

EDIT.........................................
OH my gosh I figured it out, something about asking for help on this board and sometimes even when no one has time to answer, the answer just pops into my head. LOL
Thanks anyway.
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:46 AM

Hi Sherryah

Yes post and then solve it yourself. lol
I do that often - Jenny gave a post about this syndrom (with an acronym) a while ago and I lost it.

Maybe she can post it again.

RAL wave

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:51 AM

LOL I am glad someone else has this happen. Well here I go again I found the watchman's tomb with 2 monks aside it, and got the lantern, and light it with my matches while it is in inventory, although it doesn't say it is lit. I moved the bars but how do I get it between the bars to read the inscription on the ground?

EDIT..................
ROFL I figured it out again before anyone can answer.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:02 AM

bravo Sherryah wave
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:05 AM

Post syndrom
rotfl

Don't you love it wave

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:51 AM

Hugs from Ireland to you both of you! Ok, now if I figure this one out by myself it will be amazing because I think I tried every possible combination.

I Can't figure out the 1st angel puzzle in the demo. When the saints sacrifice themselves to redeem from sin, demons drink their blood, and the saints cry. LOL or something like that. Anyway please can someone tell me what I am suppose to push?

I first tried to discern who were people crying and that would be the tear pushed, and the cup would be for the graphics that look like demons. Then I click on the button on the top left. However I must not be clicking on the right buttons. Please can someone tell me the answer to this puzzle? Thanks in advance.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:58 AM

Sherryah,

Are you sure you chose the cup for all the demons and the tear for the people? Maybe you have one or more mixed up? think

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 04:18 AM

TLC your right! Thank you it worked. Now where do I go from here? Which gate am I to try and open? Thanks for your help
Posted By: TLC

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 04:22 AM

Sherryah,

You're welcome. I don't think they have to be done in any specific order. wave
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 08:07 AM

Hi all..
I'm sort of stuck in the kitchen - right after finding the secret entrance from cemetery - and don't know how to proceed.

I must be missing something, because I have tried all items together and on the caretaker and can't see anywhere else they would fit.
---------
Sheesh, seems I missed an item from a cross in cemetery laugh

Got the flies now and am stuck with the "Open book" puzzle.
Got everything done except finding the right places for the gems...

Found out. It seems the gems light up, when correct positioned.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 12:40 PM

Glad you got through doing gourmet chef part and the book part. Have fun.
Posted By: jody319

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 01:58 PM

Well LOL, I must not have that syndrome. I have combined the lit lantern with another object in my inventory, but still talks about needing something?

YEA, the syndrome hit, so thanks for the syndrome, y'all!

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:06 PM

Hint: You need to widen the grill to have a space to insert the lantern on shovel.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:11 PM

Alright, so in the dutches room, I have the numbers for the safe, BUT which way do I turn them first...
I can never do safe puzzles right. argh!

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:30 PM

Doesn't matter which way to turn - as long as the arrow points to the number.

Use the arrows on the top to turn the dial's arrow to point at a number.
Be sure to click the handle on the right after each number is pointed by the dial's arrow.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 02:34 PM

Ohhhh, so that's where I went wrong.
I thought I only had to click the handle after the whole sequence.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:52 PM

Thanks Mag, I don't know why I kept clicking on the toad's eye. I don't know if I'll finish the demo, I couldn't save my game and I don't really feel like starting all over again. I'm going to buy this game, so I'll just wait until I get it to play from the beginning.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:58 PM

Okay so I don't have the syndrome....how do I get the lantern to read the inscription. I know I had to combine lantern and shovel, but what now?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 04:03 PM

Use metal bar taken from tool shed on the grill. It will make a space so that you can insert the lantern-shovel through to the inside of the crypt. laugh

Fil - you're going to love the game.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 04:06 PM

I think so MaG, it really looks good. I can't wait to get it.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 04:21 PM

Great MaG...I didn't have the metal bar. I should have gone with my first instinct an went to look for something. I knew I was missing something, just didn't know what. Thanks.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 04:47 PM

Enjoy the game, Sly.

wave fil.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 05:43 PM

Okay MaG...I am in fact enjoying the game thus far. However, I am having a problem with the puzzles up high. I know I'm supposed to pick wolves, but I can't seem to get the combination correct no matter what I do. Do I choose all the wolves? or, are they certain wolves?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 05:57 PM

There are only 3 wolves. The rest are dogs. smile

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 06:19 PM

Sly, I had a hard time telling the wolves from the dogs too luck

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 08:22 PM

Same here. luck
Posted By: Dagokid

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 12:11 AM

Good evening,
I need a small nudge or hint. I am in the house, Dracula's room. I am trying to open the book and have read the book on the shelf. Where can I find which color goes where?

Thanks
Suzy
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 01:12 AM

Hello, I am at the museum and put all the words on under neath the pictures but the puzzle will not be done, what I mean is I was reading the walkthru and it says the words will turn red if right but none of them turned red. What could be wrong. This is the hieroglyphs puzzle. Thank you Trisha

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 01:23 AM

Dago, I'm looking for you--back in a sec.

Ok, back. Have you checked the book with the bloodstained pages?

Trisha, did you get both the letter and the piece of the letter at the turks?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 01:58 AM

Trisha,

I checked the walkthrough. I apologize that sentence was in the wrong place. It should be at the end of the puzzle. If all the words entered are correct, they turn red.

---
Dagokid,
There might be an explanation for this that I missed. I remember trying Latin translations but the one that work was trial and error. smile

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 03:37 AM

I finally figured it out...thanks. Forgot to touch the bat. Now I am on to another struggle. lol
Thanks again

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 12:10 PM

Glad you are moving on now, Dagokid. smile

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 12:51 PM

Good morning,

Yes moving on and stuck. This is a very addicting game. I am now in the Abbey working on the puzzle behind the dragons head. Do I have to light them all up or in a design? Thanks
Suzy

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 01:19 PM

Did you play 80 Days? There's a puzzle similar to this one:

You need to light the balls at the tip of each triangle.
The next position to be lit has to be connected by a line to the recently lit positioned ball.

Yes - very addicting game. You want to know what happens next.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 01:20 PM

Didn't play 80 Days yet and I was afraid you were going to say they all have to be lit up. Got all but two....back to the drawing board.
Thks
Suzy

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 01:28 PM

The tip is clicking on the ball to see where they can go.
Then place the ball in the slot ahead of where you want it to be and then click on the slot you want it to go.
Posted By: Barry

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 02:34 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the saved games are stored in this game? I looked in both the game folder and my document folder. Thanks in advance.

Barry

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 02:49 AM

Barry,

It is here: C:\Documents and Settings\your computer's name\Application Data\Games\dracula\save
Posted By: Barry

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 03:16 AM

Thanks MaG, talk about files being buried, never would have found that. The weird thing about that was I did a whole system search using Dracula as the criterior and this didn't show up.

Regards,
Barry
Posted By: Ameno

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 02:04 PM

MaG, how do i capture those flies??? he only says there are big and a good speciement.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 02:06 PM

Ameno, did you take a veil earlier?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 02:16 PM

you mean glas bowl???

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 02:25 PM

No, have you fully explored the cemetary? There is a veil on a cross in the cemetary. You need that for the flies.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 02:43 PM

oh thanks pass that part

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 02:51 PM

Great! Glad you got the flies. Now have fun puppy
Posted By: ec123

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 10:52 PM

I am stuck at Turk's house trying to get in. I went and looked over the walkthrough and have never gotten column 6 and 7.
Doing it on my own there is always the one extra dot.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 11:01 PM

ec123,

Above the red button, it shows the ball arrangement. Recount the rows vertical and horizontal, maybe one row is missing one. luck wave
Posted By: ec123

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 11:14 PM

Yep, I was one row to the left. Thanks for the help.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/03/08 11:19 PM

ec123,

You're welcome. Have fun, its a great game. wave
Posted By: Tsavorite

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/04/08 03:51 AM

I have just started Dracula. Mina has gone to get ready for our walk in the park and I just found the map. I'm supposed to draw lines with a red pencil, but where is it? I don't see a pencil anywhere

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/04/08 04:01 AM

Tsavorite,

The red pencil should be at the bottom of the screen next to the document frame. wave

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/04/08 02:29 PM

Just for information: The dogs can be distinguished from the wolves in the cemetery-angel mechanical puzzle by the collars they have. (Thanks, Mordack.)
Posted By: Tsavorite

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/04/08 10:14 PM

If I am using the red pencil on the map and make a mistake, is there a way to start over or do I have to depend on a saved game?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/04/08 10:17 PM

Make a new correct line and go from there. It doesn't matter if you have more lines than necessary.
This is from the voice of experience...
Posted By: Beaker04

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/05/08 12:52 AM

Or you can use the eraser tool that looks like a sponge....bottom of screen next to where the red pencil lies to erase your mistakes.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/05/08 01:00 AM

Thanks, Beaker. welcome to GameBoomers. smile
Posted By: Babs in Scotland

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/05/08 08:33 AM

I am having trouble in making a measuring tool, have all necessary items, but cannot combine the thread, measuring tape and spoon in the inventory how exactly do I do this. I have tried all I can think of (I even get the gear icon) am I doing something wrong here or do I have a glitch.

Like others in various games I have solved this problem and have been able to progress further into this most enjoyable game.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/05/08 11:39 AM

Glad you managed to solve your problem, Babs. Enjoy the game. wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/05/08 10:49 PM

I am at the part trying to make the special key. I can do everything except when referring to the walkthrough, it says use the "wide light-colored dowel". I don't see any difference in the dowels. They all look the same. Please help! Thanks.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/05/08 11:11 PM

Laurette,

You should see 3 different sizes, from thin to thick dowels. The thinnest ones are a darker color. This one "wide light-colored dowel", is the thickest light color dowel. luck

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/06/08 03:57 AM

See the single dowel left of the saw and just under the ruler-tape. That's the one you need.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/06/08 03:10 PM

MaG: When I first start this part, he says "I'm missing a few things." The image I see isn't like the one you show. There is no wide, light colored dowel under the tape, onlly the ones on the left and in the basket. Help! Thanks.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/06/08 03:44 PM

Laurette,

Did you pick up the pieces of wood in the room across the kitchen? It is on the floor by the fireplace and under the window.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/06/08 06:24 PM

Yes, I did.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/06/08 06:28 PM

Let me get back to you. I have to check if I have a saved game just before this part.
-----------

Just a thought - did you measure all the 4 metal plate on the wall at the landing?

I sent you a saved game after the safe is opened. You can go from there. I see all the dowels there and you are ready to make the key after you get the sizes of the metal plates.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/06/08 10:09 PM

Yes, I measured all of the plates. I even assembled the key, except for, of course, the wider dowel, which I don't have. Thank you for your help.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community