GB HOMEPAGE

riddle of the tomb

Posted By: robert gray

riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 01:43 PM

can anyone tell me how long i must wait to bake one half of an ushabti figurine in the kiln? at the last count, i waited at least 20 minutes and the figurine was still 'cooking' in the kiln. now adventure games are supposed to be fun - but this is an ordeal. is there something wrong? thanks, robert gray.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 02:57 PM

Hi robert,

Sounds as though the kiln isn't hot enough. Once you've lit the fire with the help of the leaves over to the right, keep it going with a few scoops of coal from the box in front. If the flames are high and bright, immediately place the figurine on the fire, and the baking process will literally take a few seconds - the figurine will turn black when it's ready.

You might need to keep building the fire to keep it hot.

luck

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 05:57 PM

thanks rushes. i made the fire again, and this time it worked! yes, it bakes in a few seconds. thanks again, robert.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 06:49 PM

Is there a demo for Riddle of the Tomb? I haven't heard about this game, where can I find a description of what it is about?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Sherryah
Posted By: MaG

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 06:55 PM

This is Cleopatra: Riddle of the Tomb.
I don't think there's a demo but a trailer and other videos are linked at the upcoming page.
L4L wrote a review - here.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 07:21 PM

Thanks MaG,didn't know Cleopatra was Riddle of the Tomb.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/08/08 08:43 PM

Glad you're progressing again now, robert. yay

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/12/08 01:15 AM

i am at the laboratory. what happens to the bowls after they are labeled and the constituents identified, and after i empty the contents to progress to the next step? i can't find the labeled bowls in inventory or anywhere. what's the point? maybe MaG can answer this one. thanks, robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/12/08 01:42 AM

After you identified all the herbs - The bowls on the rack are going to be labeled when you place the cursor on them.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/12/08 02:37 PM

yes Mag, i understand that. but what happened to the labeled bowls and the contents i just emptied? the point being, why go through the exercise of identifying then mixing herbs just to throw it all away after mixing with water? am i going to DO something with all that stuff eventually? robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/12/08 03:11 PM

Maybe I am not understanding your question.

You took labeled bowls from the shelf in the other storage room.
Those you placed on the rack in the main testing room.
You tested to identify all of them.
You mix herbs on the big bowl and identified the bowls on the rack. You discarded the mixing/testing mixture in that big bowl.

Now you have a rack of herbs in bowls that you identified.
You will use them later on as you progress in the game.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/12/08 05:28 PM

that's all i wanted to know, Mag. i use them later in the game. thanks, robert. p.s. i'm putting your brains through their paces today, eh Mag? hehe.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/14/08 02:46 PM

i am now at the lighthouse,fired the sling thing with stone ball, but the ball did not shatter into pieces. i was able to pick up the intact ball plus a stone block from the wall. thomas says 'my cyclops will make pebbles of these blocks' i made a new projectile with the stone block, but i am unable to fire ANY ball. help, please. robert. ps. i chose libra as my initial astrological sign.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/14/08 04:27 PM

Check to see if you are able to get through the hole you just made in the wall.

If you can't yet get through, go back to the catapult and click to pick up the winch cable loop. The catapult setup should be done automatically.

Let us know how you get on. luck

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/14/08 05:40 PM

thanks, Rushes. i finally got through. first of all, i had to use and prop THE LADDER against the catapult, release the first ball again. make a new ball - release it, and climb up to enter. robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/14/08 07:31 PM

Aha, glad you made it through.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/19/08 02:30 PM

i have progressed to the signs of the zodiac puzzle and the w,t talks about 'rods'. where are these rods and how do i get my hands on them? i've looked everywhere for 'rods' but i still can't find them. robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/19/08 02:56 PM

Take note that there are 4 holes in each medallion. There are rods on the 4 corners framing the circles.

Look at the 4 corners of the puzzle outside the circle and see rods.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/19/08 05:30 PM

hi mag, i still don't see any rods. am i supposed to be at a particular screen? do they look like concrete reinforcing bars, 4, directly underneath the clock-like thingy? robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/19/08 05:43 PM

Take a look at the rods at bottom right or bottom left.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/19/08 06:18 PM

ahh! now i see them, they are not very obvious unless pointed out. perhaps this should be mentioned in the walkthrough. thanks, MaG. robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/19/08 06:20 PM

The location of the rods is already mentioned in the walkthrough. See the italicized text on the top post.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/21/08 05:38 PM

i finished the game! my thanks go to all at GAMEBOOMERS who helped. the ending was NOT TOO HOT but many thanks anyway. robert.

Re: riddle of the tomb - 08/21/08 05:45 PM

Glad you finished the game, robert. thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community