GB HOMEPAGE

still life 2 game

Posted By: sali

still life 2 game - 06/03/09 03:14 PM

hello MaG. I'm in the laboratory and opened the blue cabinet. Found and checked the killer's outfit below the box filled with items used by the killer to shackle his victims and analysed what I had to. But I've searched for the mask at right shelf and didn't find it. Is it also in the blue cabinet? Maybe it's not important for the rest of the game, but it bothers me not to find it. Thank you for answering me. Sali
Posted By: MaG

Re: still life 2 game - 06/03/09 03:20 PM

It's very dark there. I only saw it when I took a picture and lightened it up.

See the small white arrow cursor at right shelf below:

Re: still life 2 game - 06/03/09 04:17 PM

Thanks MaG for the photo. Do you think it's important for the rest of the game not to see it? Sali
Posted By: Geo

Re: still life 2 game - 06/03/09 05:51 PM

Sali,I couldnt see the mask either nor could I get a hot spot for it.Later in the game when I actually needed it the hotspot was there so dont worry about not finding it now. It may be a glitch.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/04/09 07:07 PM

Thanks Geo. I'm happy to learn that I'm going to need it later on;I've just opened the blue cabinet by mistake trying to shut off those laser beams with the help of MaG's wk of course and still no hotspot in there. Sali

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 02:10 AM

Hello everybody. I'm at TRAP THE KILLER part. I've pressed the keypad button and entered 8541 and then OK. Took the remote control and after going to the left part of backyard opened the smartphone. Pressed on the envelope for the contact and can't scroll to call the killer.On the things to analyse ,3 items are red:update kit chewing gum, update photo of wood carving and update kit motorcycle tire track. I thought I did those 3 items.Do you think it's because of that if I can't scroll the contact list and be able to call the killer?Thanks. Sali
Posted By: Chief

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 02:41 AM

sali, had the same problem to get that scroll botton to get down.

Click and hold and try to scroll often. At one point it will go down. Assuming your problem is only technical.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 03:12 AM

Thanks, Chief.

Sali, Check the test kit again and see if there are still some that not processed via the smartphone. luck

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 01:37 PM

Thanks MaG and Chief.On the smartphone it says:update kit motorcycle tire track. That line is in red so I suppose I have to update that item. How do I do that? Thanks again. Sali
Posted By: Bernard

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 01:49 PM

Sali, you have to phone Claire about it.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 02:37 PM

Bernard thanks for answering me but the subject has to be written at the bottom left of the screen to be able to ask Clair by phone and it's not there for the moment.When did you updated this item? It would help me to know it. Clair is not answering the phone now. Sali

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 02:47 PM

Sali,

After you automatically tell Clair about the motorcycle tracks, later she will automatically call you back about the report.

Redo this part again and see:
Tire tracks by steps: See narrow tire tracks. Do a 3D scan and database analysis on the tire tracks. Only 50% result. Pull back, Vic automatically calls Claire about the motorcycle tire tracks.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 04:27 PM

MaG I can't redo that part it won't let me.I know there's a patch for french and german games but I didn't see one for the english version.Sali

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 06:01 PM

Then you just need to wait for Clair to call.
Is that the only one that is in your 'to do' in the smartphone?
If so - check the walkthrough to see if you missed doing something. Keep us posted.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 08:01 PM

No Mag, I have 3 things that I've done correctly, fallowing your wk word by word as we say in french.For all the 3 items that are red in the analizing kit it shows 100% and it is still red in the smartphone. Those items are updating the chewing gum, the photo of wood carving and the motorcycle tire track.Claire didn't phone me about those items even if I asked her to search about them.Sali

Re: still life 2 game - 06/11/09 10:25 PM

It seems that you need to do more actions before she calls you.

So the smartphone has not rang or buzzeed for you?

Can you try: Open the field kit and see if the smartphone is top left of the screen.
If you do see it - click on it.

Also (if you have not done it yet) - be sure that you read Hawker's file in the smartphone. Then call Claire about it too.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/12/09 01:38 AM

MaG the smartphone on the top left is not active(red around it); so I can't use it.I've read the Hawker's file and called Claire about it. No result. I think I'm going to start a new game and if it doesn't work then I will ask you for a save game if you have one. Thanks Bernard and you MaG. Sali

Re: still life 2 game - 06/12/09 02:05 AM

Sali,

I sent you a saved game after the trailer check.
Please check where you are in the walkthrough.

This is done:
Trailer at backyard: Go to backyard of the house.

Saliva report: The smartphone buzzes. (This can happen anywhere after sending the report to Claire). Open the field kit and see-click the report of the saliva on the smartphone. It is from a male but no DNA match.
Trailer: Use the demolition- sledgehammer on the lock of the trailer. Take the rope. This is used as an alternative way to get to the morgue via the dumbwaiter in the kitchen.
License plate: Check the license plate. Use the wet old sponge on the dirty license plate - RZZ-354; Claire can trace the number. Call Claire about the license plate

Re: still life 2 game - 06/12/09 12:29 PM

Thank you very much MaG. What can we do without you!Sali

Re: still life 2 game - 06/12/09 01:52 PM

Have fun with the game. smile
Posted By: hurka

Re: still life 2 game - 06/13/09 03:39 PM

Help, I cannot move. I just discovered the morgue (playing Paloma) and the letters P, E on the wall. I went back to the cell to put water into the spray with revealing powder. I am standing on the matress and listening to the interviews - I just have 3 interviews in my smartphone, not killer's voice from answering machine. Listened to those interviews but I cannot move. The game itself is responding, it shows me the inventory and I can move with the mouse. But I cannot go through the door or walk anywhere.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/13/09 04:12 PM

hurka,

Save, exit the game and play-load again. See if that works.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/15/09 06:27 AM

Hi MaG, it was the same when I loaded the savegame again but there's one place to be clicked at and then it worked. Now I got other issue - cannot read a chewing gum analysis from Clare in my smartphone. >-/

Re: still life 2 game - 06/15/09 02:58 PM

Can you not click on smartphone and then the analysis kit?

Re: still life 2 game - 06/15/09 08:19 PM

I have it, just thought it will reveal some new information. Can I please get a save after I discover the real identity of the killer?

Re: still life 2 game - 06/16/09 07:49 PM

no need to send the save, I've managed after revisiting each room and founding new clues smile
Posted By: Rushes

Re: still life 2 game - 06/16/09 07:55 PM

Glad you got through, hurka. bravo
Posted By: corny3456

Re: still life 2 game - 06/16/09 11:37 PM

Hello,

I am on page 18 of the walkthrough. When and how does the charred door get opened. I have talked to Garris about the electronic collar and the jamming device.

Thanks,
Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/17/09 12:05 AM

Corny,

You have to do finish all the Objectives in the previous chapters first before that room opens.

Best to check your smartphone and see which objectives are not done yet.
The walkthrough are arranged by objectives so you can check what happened on those parts.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/17/09 04:18 AM

Hi MaG,

I checked my smartphone and have the following objectives that show as not done:

1: Explore house in search of Hernandez
2: Find clues to the killer

Now what---back tract every place I've been.

Oh well, I'm retired

Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/17/09 01:22 PM

Maybe go through the walkthrough (under 'An empty house') and check off what you've done.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 08:18 PM

Hi MaG,

First of all I would like to thank you for all you help over the years.

Now--that being said---help again

How do I access the smartphone's contact list. I am in the left part of the backyard and need to call the killer.

Thanks
Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 08:28 PM

Glad to be of help. smile

Click on the envelope at right.
See e-mails and contact list.
Scroll down and see the killer's phone icon after Claire (I think). luck

He did call you, right? If so, it will be there.
Also be sure you are pass the trailer to get signal.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 09:20 PM

Hi MaG

Replayed and got phone call from killer.

The last two messages on the smartphone were from the killer.

I cannot scroll down. The only thing under Clarie were 3 updates.

Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 09:32 PM

Be sure that you have sabotaged the panel correctly and you have the remote control.

My saves here is after hiding from the killer and the next is when the killer is dead.

Check your panel and holler if you want the saved game.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 10:01 PM

Hi MaG

Finally got it to scroll down. Saw Chief's post above.

According to your walkthrough (Page 29) I should be joining Hernandez and the prisoner in the shelter. Where is the Killer's body??

Need to take the killer's electronic key.

Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 10:56 PM

By the panel you sabotage. Glad you got it going onward.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 11:02 PM

Hi MaG

I am feeling stupid. What panel that I sabotaged. Also, at this point should I still be able to access my kit??

It's not there.

Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/19/09 11:40 PM

Uh Oh! Did you not place the keypad at the box left of the entryway to the backyard and then entered the code?
He should be electrocuted then when he went through the backyard grate.

Yes - you can access your kit til the end of the game. It should be one of the 3 items at bottom part of the inventory frame: smartphone, inventory and kit.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/20/09 12:26 AM

Hi MaG,

Well I guess I've got a bug. I set the keypay with code 8541 and the green light is on. Also place the remote control. Went to the back and called the killer. Nothing. I can even walk right over the grate without
getting electrocuted. When I right click all I get is the smartphone and inventory---no kit.

Later,

Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/20/09 12:54 AM

I forgot sorry - they took your kit when you were imprisoned.

I just replayed that part.
Did you see the cutscene of her calling him and him being electrocuted?

You can walk the grate now if the killer tripped it already - it was a trap you set for him (they set it up for you earlier).

I made a saved game before the call and after the call? Which one do you want?

Re: still life 2 game - 06/20/09 03:38 AM

Hi MaG,

I called him but never saw a cutscene.

Please send me the saved game before the call.

Thanks,

Corny

Re: still life 2 game - 06/20/09 04:09 AM

On the way.

Re: still life 2 game - 06/20/09 04:29 AM

Hi MaG

I just figured out what I did'nt do. I did'nt remove the remote control be for I called the Killer.

It worked!!

Corny
Posted By: topcat

Re: still life 2 game - 07/20/09 03:53 AM

Hi,
I have a diffrent problem I cant get vic to move bed to the first aid box. she walks down in front of bed but cant get a hand or anything to get her to push bed.
Help,
topcat

Re: still life 2 game - 07/20/09 04:00 AM

Have you checked the medicine cabinet first?
Are you getting her to stand at the foot of the bed - right side?Then click on the bed.
Posted By: LesannMc

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/24/09 04:51 AM

Howdy,

I can't find a pocket-knife anywhere in the front yard of the killer's house.

I've deactivated all the mines in the backyard, got past the electric shock trap, and searched all the dead officers. Got the watch, the spectral lamp, sprayed the wires across the stairs and the living room entryway, got the red envelope, the texts from the killer, tried to call Claire, etc. When I couldn't progress, I decided to check the walkthrough. I read about the pocket-knife, but it's nowhere.

I've searched the entire front yard and all of the dead bodies over and over, "by hand" and with the metal detector on all 4 settings. I listened to Paloma repeatedly tell me "That isn't it!" and "Bad idea" and "It'll never work!" Man, she's pessimistic. Anyway, the only thing I find is "an old can".

Unless someone knows of something I've missed, I think I might have a glitch which means a couple hours of replaying from my last save. Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. I've been a "lurker" for years and just recently registered. GameBoomers = best site ever. And, I cannot believe I am in the presence of the famous MaGTRo whose walkthroughs I have admired and relied upon dozens of times, wondering if this master of all things adventure could possibly be a real person.... shocked

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/24/09 05:06 AM

welcome LeasannMc,

Glad you decided to come in from the cold.

The knife is beside this man just across the stairs.
You might need to move more to the left to see this body.

blush Thank you.
Posted By: Rice burner

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/24/09 09:41 AM

wave Hi LesannMc,
MaGtRo is indeed a real person and the best WT writer on this planet. She is MaG. Our very own real person.... hearts
Posted By: xkatelpx

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/26/09 01:20 PM

as any1 got the serial number 4 this game as cant start it wiv out
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/26/09 01:39 PM

Hi kate,

Unfortunately we're unable to give out serial number info here. You should have received an e-mail with the number when you purchased the game - check your spam folder in case it ended up there. Otherwise best to contact the site from where you downloaded the game. luck

Edit: Kate, I removed the new thread you made duplicating this post. Please do not multiple post, we read all messages here and reply as quickly as we can. thanks

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/27/09 07:44 PM

Hi I backed up a ways to try and fix the problem with motorcycle tire report. It shows red and i cant figure out how to change it!
What exactly do you click on when the phone busses from claire.
Do you click on smartphone or the tire track?
Thanks for any help,
topcat

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/27/09 08:31 PM

topcat,

If I remember correctly, you will see the smartphone at top right and the kit at the center.
Click on the smartphone and then it will enter the report on the kit.
You then process the report.

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/27/09 09:55 PM

thanks but then how do you process the report this one really has me stuck.
thank you,
topcat

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/27/09 10:15 PM

Tire report: The smartphone buzzes. (This can happen anywhere after sending the report to Claire). Open the field kit and see-click the report of the motorcycle tracks on the smartphone. No match in FBI files.

So after reading the report sent by Claire, it shoudl enter in the kit. Then click the report on the kit and maybe just to be sure - click a search on the computer Files or do a computer analysis.

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/28/09 02:36 AM

I have tried all these things but end up with red report!
I also end up with 2 of the small tire tracks in kit one with 50% other with the 100% what is wrong?
topcat

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/28/09 02:47 AM

There are several reports that are inconclusive or not 100%. So just continue on and see.

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/28/09 03:00 AM

MaG,
thank you for all your help! i will just keep playing and see what happens.
topcat

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 07/28/09 05:14 PM

luck

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 08/02/09 02:32 AM

Hi,
I am at the ending have killed Hawker now I am up to where im supposed to go to surveillance room and fix pda what room are we talking about? cant find the tower in room where i can see Hernandez.
Help please,
topcat

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 08/02/09 02:44 AM

You've been at the surveillance room several times in the game.
It is the one with the 3 monitors and you need the finger to turn on. It also has the hatch that is locked when your first came here. One that go to where the hanged man is located outside.
It is the room that is down the hall from the room where Paloma is located. Paloma is in the room you used the C4 on.

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 08/03/09 03:33 AM

Ty MaG,
was tired when I was playing and couldnt wrap mind around where to go. now feel really dumb for asking you where it was at!
topcat

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 08/03/09 12:30 PM

Hope you rested before the ending episode. eek
Posted By: xkatelpx

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 08/09/09 04:15 PM

hi can any1 help im on chapter 5 and need 2 get though the char door ive got everything that it tells me 2 do on walkthrough and it still not wrking frown

Re: Still Life 2 - Cannot find pocket-knife - 08/09/09 04:57 PM

I sent you a saved game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community