GB HOMEPAGE

Dracula 3

Posted By: Linda H

Dracula 3 - 06/16/09 01:18 AM

Hi,

I am playing the new Dracula 3 game and I am stuck near the temple room in the cave and trying to work on the Blue Pentagram Puzzle. I click held the knife and I can't seem to be making a straight line and to make a pentagram. Please give me a few tips as to what I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/16/09 01:48 AM

Linda,

The aim here is to follow the light while it makes a pentagram.
So click-hold the knife steady behind the light.
You might need to do this several times so that you know where the light changes directions.
So keep steady follow the light, know where to turn and don't let go of the click-hold of the knife. luck Took me lots of replays before I got it. So anyone else can do it with patience. smile

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/16/09 01:17 PM

Thank You for your helpful tips! Will try it and am sure that I will be able to get it.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/17/09 08:41 PM

Thanks! I was able to successfully complete the blue light puzzle and several others after that. I am on my way in the game.
Again thanks for the helpful tips.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/17/09 09:02 PM

You're really rocking here. Keep doing it. Isn't it nice to finish the puzzle after trying - a sense of accomplishment.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/24/09 01:35 AM

Hi!
I am in Budapest-Day 5 and discovered the murder of Irina Boczow. I finished the Illumination Puzzle and am stumped with trying to locate the books Irina wanted Arno to read. I have been going to the different places in the library and all Arno does is read the books and says that he doesn't have time to finish them. I have checked the three books on the table and made not of the letters at the top left of each page of the three books. Please give me a hint what I need to do for this puzzle. Thanks!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/24/09 01:56 AM

Hi Linda --

Here's an excerpt from the walkthrough that I think is near where you are:

Click to reveal..
Using the last clue Irina left, find the books using her method of cataloging. Remember that she talked about cataloging and ghosts during the last visit.

Catalogue: Check the 3 books on her table. Check the tab on the top left side of those pages. See 4 letters written on the tabs. These tabs are the reminders of where those books are located in the library. In their place, ghosts are inserted. This is the clue on how to find the other books.

Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/24/09 02:01 AM

Linda, I haven't played this but am looking at MaG's WT.

Did you take the spool and the thumbtacks from the desk?

Did you open the safe?

Did you take the wax cylinder?

Did you check the box in the corner of the library to the right of the fireplace to see the rare vase?

Do you have Iphigeneia's Sacrifice in documents?

Did you use the enlarger to study the vase?

Did you remember that Irina has her own method of cataloging books and talked about ghosts on her last visit?

From the WT

Alcove:
Click to reveal..
Alcove - There are 5 alcoves in the library. Each of those alcoves has a Latin sentence on the top of the entryway. The first letter of the clue word is the last letter in the Latin sentence.

Book Case
Click to reveal..
Book case - Enter the specified alcove. Each book case has a Latin phrase on the top. The second letter of the clue word is the last letter in the Latin phrase.

Book Shelf:
Click to reveal..
Check the bookcase specified. Each book shelf has a Latin word. The third letter of the clue word is the last letter of the Latin word.

Book:
Click to reveal..
Each shelf has the alphabet. The fourth letter in the clue word is the letter on the book shelf.

luck

Posted By: Rushes

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/24/09 10:06 AM

Thanks, Becky and L4L!

luck Linda, let us know how you get on.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/24/09 07:55 PM

Thanks! I will go over those hints once more and check out everything to see if I can move on and get some of those rare books. Thanks again.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/24/09 09:28 PM

If you need any additional help just shout. smile

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/25/09 12:43 AM

Hi,
I am shouting and I went over the steps and did everything that I was suppose to do and then I went and examined the words written in blood to see if that would help me find the books, but to no avail, it didn't. I went to the one alcove and Arno just reads the books and says that he has better things to do. I can't get him to read the right book and find it in the documents. Maybe I am not understanding this puzzle and how to locate the correct books. Please help!

Thanks so much.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/25/09 12:54 AM

Did you examine the words that Irina wrote with her blood?

Each of those words is the clue to one book that you need.

Alcove - There are 5 alcoves in the library. Each of those alcoves has a Latin sentence on the top of the entryway. The first letter of the clue word is the last letter in the Latin sentence.

Book case - Enter the specified alcove. Each book case has a Latin phrase on the top. The second letter of the clue word is the last letter in the Latin phrase.

Book shelf - Check the bookcase specified. Each book shelf has a Latin word. The third letter of the clue word is the last letter of the Latin word.

Book - Each shelf has the alphabet. The fourth letter in the clue word is the letter on the book shelf.

If you are following the walkthrough - there's a graph from alcove to book case, book shelf to book for wach of the word written by Irina.

For example:
ARMA
Alcove - Ad astra per aspera (last A for Arma and small for aspera).
Enter the alcove.
Book case - Incerta curatio certus dolor (R for dolor).
Book shelf - Grumium (M)
Book - A There is an empty space.

Do this for each clue word and use the last letter of each of the label.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/25/09 05:19 PM

Seems complicated, but I will try it and hopefully, I will be able to locate the books needed to be successful in this puzzle. Do I use those words that I found written in blood to locate the books needed for this puzzle?

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/25/09 06:12 PM

Good luck! Yes, you use the words that Irina wrote in blood.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/27/09 01:01 AM

Thanks! If I get stuck and can't locate those books, I might need a save, but will try to solve this puzzle.

I went back with the tips you had given me and I was able to finish this puzzle and had three books in my documents. Hope I didn't have to do that other puzzle in order to finish the game? I am now on Day 5 and going to check on Maria in the Dispensary.
Thanks for your help and great tips.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/27/09 02:20 AM

That's wonderful, Linda. That was a bit confusing puzzle.

Re: Dracula 3 - 06/27/09 11:07 PM

Thanks again everyone for your help and support. So far, a good game.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/01/09 12:44 AM

Hi,
I am stuck back in the lab. I finished the procedure for the first parameter and the readouts for the sample of blood in the test tube. ALso I was working on the procedure for the second parameter. I am confused for the Interpretation and the Diagnosis. Am confused about this puzzle and what I have to do in order for Father Arno to write the test results down in the green book on the table in the lab. Please give me a hint as to what I need to do in order to successfully complete this puzzle and test the donors in the green book.
Thanks!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/01/09 01:01 AM

Linda,

The walkthrough has a step by step on getting the readout of a sample; the interpretation and diagnosis.

This Stanley's step by step.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/01/09 02:14 AM

Thanks, I will refer to that WT! Now I hopefully, will get through this puzzle.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/01/09 02:46 AM

luck

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/07/09 02:47 AM

Hi,
I am now stuck playing games with Ionel and I can't get him to give me a silver need that I desperately need for the gramaphone upstairs in the attic back at the Inn. I have the wax cylinder, but no silver needle. I am playing discs, but Ionel always wins. Any suggestions how I can get Ionel to give me a silver needdle? I need it for a record to hear the last words of Herman Von Beragen. I don't have the needle in my Inventory,as I did look to see if I had received the needle earlier.

I did get through the blood testing and the Decoded Messages. Now I wait to see if I can get that silver needle.
Thanks ahead for the help!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/07/09 03:29 AM

You don't need to win in this game.
Play with Ionel until he shows Father Arno the contents of his bag.
He will eventually give you the silver needle.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/07/09 11:26 PM

Thanks, but I have played discs with Ionel, and he hasn't shown the bag to me yet and I don't have the needle in my inventory. Will try again, but will be back if I don't succeed in getting the silver needle.
Thanks for the tips.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/08/09 12:08 AM

luck

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/08/09 01:43 AM

Hi!
I finally got my silver needle and went back to the Inn and listened to the tape on the gramaphone. I am now in the Dark Room and trying to enlarge the microfilm. I have three trays-the left tray- with the Developer, Middle-Stop Bath and the right tray-Fixer. I placed the microfilm on the glass plate above the enlarger on the left, and changed to the red bulb by clicking on the switch above the sink. I opened the black box and took out a piece of photo paper and with the tweezers, placed it on the bottom of the enlarger. Turned on the switch at the base, and it turned off automatically.I took the paper with the tweezers and placed it in the left tray for twelve seconds, then the middle tray for 7 seconds, and Father says that the paper is good for the trash and he did something wrong. What did I do wrong? I mixed the three trays with the correct solutions, but am I leaving the paper in too long in one of the trays? Please give me a hint or two as to what I did incorrectly.
Thanks!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/08/09 02:21 AM

Linda,

Glad you got the needle.

Developing: This is a picky puzzle.
Use the second hand of your watch or clock to time it.
The 7 seconds needs to be precise. luck

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/09/09 12:21 AM

Thanks! Will try it again.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/09/09 11:10 AM

luck Linda.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/11/09 12:42 AM

It worked! I used my watch with the seconds and I was able to successfully finish that film developing puzzle. I was able to find Launa, the Gypsy, and read the Bible-until the icon stopped blinking. I am lost now. In the WT, it mentioned to follow the path that Luana showed Father, but do not know which path it is. Don't know where I am suppose to be. I went up the hill to the chapel, and there was nothing and then I went to the Cemetary, and didn't come across the stele of Lord Mircea XII used as a bridge over the spring. Please give me a hint as to the path I am suppose to be following.
Thanks!
Posted By: Chief

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/11/09 01:04 AM

Linda, from the front of the dispensary, go left.

Maybe you have been to the Castle.

There is a crossroad and an Oak tree before going up to the castle.

Launa is at the crossroad.

Chief wave

EDIT: and the path is acrooss from here. You will see a chapel there.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/11/09 10:26 AM

Thanks, Chief. wave

Linda, Luana will point you to the path by the water - the camera will automatically swing you around and point you in the direction to take. If that hasn't happened then you have missed doing something and you'll need to backtrack. Make sure that you have examined everything on and inside Janos' desk so that you know who the enemies are.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 12:56 AM

Thanks Rushes & Chief! Will try doing some things again and maybe I will get on the right path!
Have a good week end.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 05:30 AM

Linda,
Are you enjoying this game? I am playing it now too and not really enjoying it much. It feels like more of a chore than fun. I have been stuck in the lab for days but am trying not to look at the walkthrough. I have my sister looking at it and giving me hints. And reading above about the dark room (which I have already played around in) is scaring me.
I think more than some hints, I need a pep talk to keep me interested in the game.
Thanks!
Jackie

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 11:21 AM

luck Linda, and keep us posted with your progress.

Hi Jackie, yes, it's a difficult game but a fun one. If you need any help with the game just post here and we'll be happy to help you. Also if you're too frustrated and would just prefer a saved game to get you past a stuck point, we'll help you out there too.

Any general discussion about the game would be best carried over to our Discussions forum. smile

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 05:15 PM

Hi Jackie,
Yes, it is a hard game and I also have been stuck in the lab, and at many other points in the game, but if you do need help, people are here to help you get through the hard times in this game. I also find it hard, but when you are past a certain point, it can be fun. Right now I am stuck trying to find a path that Launa told me about and locating a print near the water, but am still going back over some details and trying to get back on the correct path! Keep your chin up! That is what I am trying to do. Good Luck! I will be back here if I can't find that path thatI am suppose to find.
Thanks for your help!

------------

Thanks! I went back to the hotel and searched through Janos room,Priest's room and the Bible. I went back to Launa and she said that now I know my enemies and she pointed Aron in the correct direction. Now I am working on the ingredients that Launa wants me to get so I can proceed in this game. Thanks for the help!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 05:23 PM

You're welcome, glad that got you through. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 07:03 PM

Thanks Rushes and Linda. I needed to hear that.

I know this is not the proper "discussion" forum, but reading all the places Linda had problems was like an echo in my head. That is why I posted it here.

With MaG's walkthrough in hand, my sister got me through and out of the lab, and with your pep talks I'm moving on!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 07:19 PM

Great! thumbsup

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 09:52 PM

Hi Jackie,
Am also happy that you are moving on also! You just have to take your time and do it slowly. Sometimes you have to retrack your steps and make sure that you do everything as mentioned in the WT.
Good Luck!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/12/09 11:35 PM

Help! I am stuck on the Identify the Liquids Puzzle. Trying to follow the red and white lines -paths in the WT, but Aron says that he can't put the glass there as it is impossible. Am confused with this puzzle. Please give me some hints! Thanks!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 12:22 AM

Linda, can you take the cup on the right and taste the liquid from each kind from the 6 squares with water?

It is then that you make the path for each kind of water.

Do not forget to read the text on top of the puzzle.

Good luck. luck

Chief wave

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 01:00 AM

If you make a mistake, can you reset this puzzle? I hope so as I didn't make a save prior to this water puzzle.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 01:26 AM

Linda,

I'm not Chief but maybe someday I wmight be close enough to be as nice as he is.

Anyways - I am not sure if there's a reset.
Try pulling back and see. But I have a feeling - none.
Try and see if that works and keep us in the know. luck

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 01:41 PM

No reset, but if you make a mistake, close the gates and it will be okay. I still am confused about this puzzle. I tried tasting the blood, tears, and sweat. Then i am trying to get the gates to open and have the sweat, blood and then tears flow, but nothing happens. I have one small area done, but can't open the paths to the other areas-blood and tears. Please give me another hint! I did open all of the gates, but then nothing did happpen. Thanks!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 02:07 PM

Make sure to keep the different liquids separate from each other, and not to mix them. You are having trouble getting the gates to open? You shouldn't be holding the cup while playing the puzzle, if you are then replace it in its holder on the far right. Left-click on any of the gate bars and they should swing open or shut. Check the path of each liquid and ensure that all gates in that path are open to allow flow-through.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 02:25 PM

Thanks! Will try it again and see if that will help me solve this puzzle. If I can't get it, I just might need a save. Will try it again.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/13/09 02:29 PM

Good luck!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/14/09 01:16 AM

After many more tries, I finally succeeded in completing this puzzle! Part of the gate fell down and am now stuck on the next puzzle with the skulls. I read both punishments and studied with the enlarger the hats on both pictures as well as the flag. I placed a spike on the turbans and hats. I tried to place the syringe on the head of the middle skull and nothing happened. I need some help on this puzzle as well. Thanks so much for your helpful tips on the other puzzles I was stuck on. The Blood-Sweat and Tears Puzzle can't be reset. I had to go back to the Prison Save and play the game again so I could enter the dungon.
Thanks again!

--------------

Hi!
I went back and tried again and I finally solved the Skull and Hat Puzzle! Now I am back in the next room and going to do the Japanese Tile Puzzle!
Thanks and hopefully I will be able to solve the next puzzles without any more help.
Again thanks for your patience ant help.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/14/09 01:17 AM

Linda, did you place the spikes this way:

in the row on top, the 2 heads in the center.

in the middle row, on the heads on the extreme left side and extreme right side.

in the bottom row, on the head on the center and the one on the right.

Chief wave

Edit: Great that you got it. When you can, use the edit button when nobody posted after you. Thanks. Good luck.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/15/09 01:11 AM

Okay! Will do!
Help!
I am stuck on the last puzzle-7 paths of the Dragon. I thought that I had correctly done the paths and placed the correct symbols on the plate and the right item in the mouths. But the cover between pillars 1 & 2 didn't open. The first pillar I came across was the one with the blood already in the mouth. You are suppose to draw a wedge symbol on the panel, but nothing happened, but when I drew an ancient cross, it lit up? What is the problem? I read the maps with the enlarger, and microfilm, and I can't open the panel up. Please give me some hints so I can conclude this game.
Thanks!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/16/09 08:51 PM

I still am stuck on this 7 Paths of the Dragon. The first pillar with the blood in the mouth of the dragon to the left, I tried to place the wedge symbol on the plaque, but to no avail, so I paced the antique cross, or swastika and that took. What am I doing wrong? Please give me some hints to this puzzle so I can finish the game!
Thanks!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/16/09 09:55 PM

Check that you're at the correct pillar - there should be a small bottle already in the gargoyle's mouth.

Also try to draw the wedge so that it fills the panel. luck

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/17/09 11:58 PM

I was at the correct pillar and there was a bottle of blood already in the mouth of the Gargoyle. I tried to draw a wedge on the panel, but the only thing that took was a swastik. I went back to a save and tried again, but the same thing occurred. I will try again, and if I am not successful, I will come back and might need a save to finish the game. Thanks!

Hi!
I redid a few steps and finally I was able to complete the last puzzle -7 Paths of the Dragon and conclude this long; difficult, but great game!
Thanks for all of your helpful hints!

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/18/09 01:15 AM

bravo Linda. You're really ab adventurer now. Good, very good.

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/18/09 10:46 AM

Great that you finished the game, Linda. thumbsup

Re: Dracula 3 - 07/19/09 01:20 AM

Thanks everyone for your help! Now back to the game I started some time ago-the latest game-Art of Murder-Hunt for the Pupeteer.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community