GB HOMEPAGE

The Filmaker Demo

Posted By: birddog

The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 12:07 AM

I have solution to Cash Register if someone can help me with the darn squares.
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 12:13 AM

Let's wait for someone to help you here.
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 12:28 AM

I can help if you want! For starters, there are a total of five hints to the tile puzzle:

- One hint in the men's restroom (near the puzzle itself--no, it's not the piece of paper)

- One hint in the women's restroom.

- Three hints in the fortune teller machine, which you can win 100% of the time if you use logical deduction.

If you get all the hints, the tile puzzle becomes very easy! smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 01:10 AM

Thanks, Chris.
Posted By: Geo

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 03:01 AM

Are the coins for the Fortune Teller in the cash register?

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 03:02 AM

Indeed they are. There is a hint to the cash register puzzle in the fortune teller machine at the start of the game, though, if you need it. Go to the fortune teller machine, and go to the closeup view of the coin slot to get the card with the hint.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 03:34 PM

I am still stuck on the tile puzzle.Can I assume the arrangement hint fom the womens restroom goes in the bottom left corner as it seems to imply? I didnt get the obscure hints from the fortune teller.They seemed more like hints for the stock market than for the tile puzzle. I need a little push.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 06:05 PM

No problem. smile

- Yes, the hint from the women's restroom goes in the bottom-left corner.

- In case you didn't see it, the men's room hint can be seen on the top of the toilet paper holder on the same close-up where you can click to start the puzzle.

- The three fortune teller hints reveal:
1. The square piece goes in the middle.
2. The piece that's shaped like a zigzag goes 3 across and 2 down, from the bottom-most square of the piece. It's the piece whose shape goes up, right, up, and right again (when rotated properly).
3. The piece shaped like a cross, from the top part, goes 6 across and 2 down.

I hope this helps! If you still need help beyond this, I can provide a solution for you.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 09:16 PM

I didnt get those hints at all from the fortune teller.Mine were completely different.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 09:36 PM

The fortune teller gives hints to all of the unsolved puzzles still in the game. It's random which ones it gives you. smile
Posted By: yourin

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: birddog
I have solution to Cash Register if someone can help me with the darn squares.

What are the solution to open it ??

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/17/09 11:24 PM

Hello yourin.
Use the number you got from the fortune teller,the hint on the paper by cash register,and a calculator,and its pretty easy.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 12:46 AM

OK CBSection31,I got the tile puzzle.Now I am at the "grab it" game but the claw stops a little short.How about a little hint.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 01:03 AM

Sure. smile

The first click causes the crane to start moving back, second click causes it to start moving right. Third click causes it to move down and grab.

So, the trick is to click for the crane to start moving to the right JUST BEFORE the left-most claw goes over the back wall of the machine. Then, you just need to click one final time when the claw is over the key.

Hopefully that's clear enough. If not, I can provide a pic to help!

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 01:09 AM

It seems the claw doesnt go down far enough,perhaps I have a glitch,but I will go back and try again.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 01:28 AM

If it doesn't go down far enough, then you are having it go right too late. Click for it to start moving right a little sooner. smile

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 01:55 AM

Hello,
Ok I got the key.I just have to figure out where it goes.I thought it went to the projection room but I cant get a hot-spot there. I will have to search a little more.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 02:06 AM

You might want to check the projection room door again...anywhere on the door works. smile

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 02:44 AM

CBSection31,
So far I really like the game.My only criticism would be that the puzzles dont retain your progress when you back out.I fear this may become a problem with the logic puzzle because I wont do it all at once.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 03:04 AM

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

I am going to look into implementing a way to save progress on the logic puzzle. The puzzle itself uses Flash, whereas the rest of the game does not, so I will have to think of a way of sending data back and forth between Flash and the game engine, but it MAY be possible. smile

Also, for what it's worth, the logic puzzle is the "longest" puzzle in the (full) game, in terms of time it takes to solve in one sitting.

Lastly, for help with the logic puzzle: search around the projection room carefully before starting, as there are several hints to the logic puzzle in the room. There's also a big hint in the fortune teller machine for it, too.

Good luck! I'm standing by in case you (or anyone else) needs a hint or the solution.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: CBSection31
Thanks for your comments and feedback!

I am going to look into implementing a way to save progress on the logic puzzle. The puzzle itself uses Flash, whereas the rest of the game does not, so I will have to think of a way of sending data back and forth between Flash and the game engine, but it MAY be possible. smile

Also, for what it's worth, the logic puzzle is the "longest" puzzle in the (full) game, in terms of time it takes to solve in one sitting.

Lastly, for help with the logic puzzle: search around the projection room carefully before starting, as there are several hints to the logic puzzle in the room. There's also a big hint in the fortune teller machine for it, too.

Good luck! I'm standing by in case you (or anyone else) needs a hint or the solution.

Can you give the solution for the work schedule puzzle in the projection room. My English are not so good to understand it or maybe you can show a picture with the answers !

Thanks

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 05:19 PM

Here is an uploaded picture with the solution.

www.upforums.com/logicsolution.JPG

Please note that you have to change all of the Xs shown in this picture to Os to solve the puzzle.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: CBSection31
Here is an uploaded picture with the solution.

www.upforums.com/logicsolution.JPG

Please note that you have to change all of the Xs shown in this picture to Os to solve the puzzle.

Thanks smile
Posted By: FJT

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/18/09 11:48 PM

How do you get into the theatre using that crazy door? Thanks, FJT.

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/19/09 12:53 AM

You have to find the right square to click on, which is completely random and changes after you guess wrong three times.

If you click on the wrong square, the number shown tells you how many squares away the right square is, using the most direct route (but not diagonally; you have to count up/down and left/right).

Using logic, it is possible to get this puzzle right 100% of the time on your third guess, based on the numbers shown the first two times.

(Hint: Your first click should be in one of the corners!)
Posted By: FJT

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/19/09 02:14 AM

Thanks CBSection. What an amazing first puzzle. How did you possibly figure that one out?

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/19/09 03:01 AM

To be honest, I didn't realize it was possible to solve 100% of the time until well after it's creation. laugh
Posted By: birddog

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/19/09 03:12 AM

Click to reveal..
Posted By: harhan3

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/23/09 08:29 PM

The walkthrough of the demo was not completed at first but now its all complet on

http://www.gamesover.com/Filmmaker/The%20Fimmaker%20walkthrough.doc
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/23/09 08:47 PM

Thanks, harhan.
Posted By: harhan3

Re: The Filmaker Demo - 06/25/09 08:53 AM

my pleasure Rushes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community