GB HOMEPAGE

S.H-mystery of the mummy.

Posted By: deleterman

S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/06/10 11:32 PM

Hi all, tried and tried but just can't get past this snag -hope i can get some help here.I'M just about half way through the game,in the lab just finished the slider puzzle and now in the lab, but no luck here as i get things here and there at some point i just fall down and i have to restat the game,lucky i saved just after i got in...dose anyone have a idea whats going on here ? I have played this befor and never had this happen.or do i need a saved game just after this part?? thanks for any help on this. praise deleterman. devilchili
Posted By: MaG

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 12:16 AM

That means that you need to light another torch.

From the walkthrough here:
Your torch will stay lit for a limited amount of time. However, if it dies out, you can combine the second stick and rag in your inventory with gin and matches to make another torch.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 04:25 AM

Hi ,just to let you know that i'm in the lab off the wine cellar and the room -lab is lit.at a point half way through the game...not at the end.does that help ? sorry for the mix up.i just never ran in to this before..i can tell you after that falling down and dieing had me spinning.. happydance
Posted By: Rushes

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 11:45 AM

Hi deleterman,

Are you still using a torch, or is the lab completely lit now without need for one? As MaG says, the only instance where I can think of a Game Over in this part for no reason is when your torch burns out.

If you look to the right side of your screen while you're in the lab, do you see a timer bar there?
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 05:19 PM

Hi, Make sure you have lite the torch before you go into the lab. (This is a warning I found in a walkthough)You have about 21 minutes for your torch, you may light another. I don't know exactly where you are in this lab. But if you have done everything and are playing with the keys, and trying to open the desk, You insert both keys , turn left key left! Right key Right, if you do it wrong a bomb will detonate, ending game. I found saved games but I can't find where to install them in the game.
Charllotte

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 05:42 PM

just got in to the lab from the wine cellar,i don't have the torch lit and i don't see a timer in the corner..I'm just about half way through the game if that's a clue.and i can't find the save game folder .can't find game folder ...any thoughts on this ?? crazy deleterman.. praise insane

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 05:55 PM

Yep, I know where you are. thumbsup You need to assemble/light a torch until you can work out a way to get an independent light source going in the lab area. That timer bar on the right will appear and gradually burn down as the torch does similarly.

For XP the save game folder should be at C:\MOTM, if my memory serves me. I'm not sure about Vista or Windows 7.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 05:59 PM

Hi,
You have to light the torch before you enter the lab, then you have about 21 minutes for each torch, you can light another. It's a timed thing but not to bad Just save and practice a lot. When you hear the click to get into the lab, got to the door and light torch before going in.
Charllotte

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 06:03 PM

Hi Rushes,
Looks like we were both working and typing at the same time.
Charllotte

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/07/10 06:07 PM

Hi Charllotte,

Two heads are always better than one! laugh Thanks.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/08/10 02:59 AM

happydance so i have to have the torch lit befor going in the lab , huh? ok i will try that .thanks. praisedeleterman. insane devilchili

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/08/10 11:28 AM

Good luck, keep us posted.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/12/10 11:33 PM

just sailing along a bam ! stuck again..in the rotating room, got the 4th statue. now can't get to the back right rear door to read the riddle.. insane deleterman. hardwallsend help soon.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/13/10 12:26 AM

Check UHS hints = it has a good diagram explanation. luck

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/13/10 02:39 AM

Thanks for the info . in a flash it came back to me. but now after i read the sign and clicked on the door to open it and he said it's locked...what gives ? happydance

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/13/10 03:19 AM

When you read the sign - did you also click on it?

Are you trying to open the exit door? That door is the opposite one from the door with the sign.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/13/10 03:37 AM

yes after i read the sign i clicked on the door -he sez its locked !! what gives ? frown eek

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/13/10 04:04 AM

That door with the sign is always closed.
If you want to exit use the door on the other side of the room.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/13/10 06:15 PM

thank you.. i will try that. happydance

aha got it , go out the other door -now i'm back in the treasure room..now how do i get in to the antechamber ??

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 02:33 AM

Scroll down and check here and see if that helps.

I was not understanding where you are in the game.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 04:40 AM

Thanks but that didn't help much...I'm in the rotating room and just got to the door with the sign on it ,starts out with " it's better than God " i click on it but its locked he sez..that's the door that i need to go through ?? right ? there is no other way to get where the tub of water is ..now do you know where i am..? thanks for your help. happydance praise deleterman. hardwall help insane devilchili

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 12:06 PM

Hi deleterman,

After you've read the riddle in close-up on the door you need to go back to the urn room. Locate the urn in the very centre of the room. Place the Brahman seal you have in your inventory in that urn. That should open the locked door in the rotating room for you. luck

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 06:56 PM

AHA... just as you said , now i find myself in the Scorpion puzzle , Yikes it looks like i don't have much time ..like 2 seconds ..what to do ??

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 07:29 PM

From an older thread, here's a step-by-step. Hope it helps! --

As soon as you can, pick up the bucket on the left and put it over the scorpion by your foot. Immediately grab the other bucket, and take a step towards the door. Grab Parkeys bag. Take the remaining bucket out of your inventory and go behind the checkerboard thing. Look down and place the bucket over the remaining scorpion. Don't forget to grab a wooden board that isn't far away before you leave this area.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 07:55 PM

thanks, just one question - does the clock stop when i get parkey's bag ?? just when i get started it's down to almost half..again thanks a milllion for all your help.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/14/10 08:56 PM

Yes, the timer stops momentarily after you bucket the first scorpion.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/16/10 02:15 AM

happydanceit was just like you said,not easy but i tried and tried and it just happened got it .. eek praise thanksnow at the-devastated reception hall.thanks a million...deleterman. devilchili
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/16/10 09:37 AM

bravo thumbsupGood for you Deleterman! thumbsup bravo

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/16/10 12:18 PM

Wonderful. bravo

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/16/10 10:40 PM

Boy I didn't get far...went into the smokey room and did the puzzle -but no X next to the tilted family tree...i got the spear head and all ready to go but no X ...what do i need to do ? shouldn't something happen after i finish the puzzle ?? any thoughts on this snag ?? crazy thanks....

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/16/10 10:58 PM

It sounds as though the word puzzle you just solved is incorrect somehow. The words need to be on their correct lines as shown here:

First Line: YOU WILL FIND

Second Line: IF YOU CUT

Third Line: (skip this line)

Fourth Line: UNDER

Fifth Line: THE RELIGION

Sixth Line: THE PLACE SHINES

Then back away from the puzzle, and you should see the X.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/17/10 02:01 AM

got it...I don't know how I did it but i did.... happydance crazy

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/17/10 04:03 AM

off and running like a wild dog!!just hit a Japanese tile puzzle...yikes.did the bypass but can't get the lever from the puzzle alcove. crazy any help on this ? went over this many times.. eek
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/17/10 11:26 AM

These are tough puzzles if you havent seen one before. I can send you a picture of the finish if you want.

p.s. - the bypass gets you almost done, but not quite. You will need to complete the last few piec es yourself.
Posted By: Becky

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/17/10 11:27 AM

Deleterman -- when you did the bypass action, did you see the puzzle solve itself? If you didn't, then it hasn't really been bypassed.

If that isn't what's happening, I have no idea why you can't get the lever. lol

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/17/10 07:50 PM

Tally ho could you send me the pic? thanks..

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/17/10 10:34 PM

Yep - check your private messages. happydance

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/18/10 12:02 AM

thank you so much for all your time . looks like i just might need a save after the puzzle. i don't think i have all the tiles or something is screwed up..any saved game laying around.?

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/18/10 12:35 AM

check the pic here:
http://www.justadventure.com/Walkthroughs/SherlockCurseMummy/nono.jpg

p.s.

I don't think you could have begun the puzzle without finding all the tiles, so that's not it. Be sure you have filled in all the blacks for the image and also all the whites for the background.

In desperation, send me a saved game and I will try to play through this part for you and return it solved.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/18/10 11:57 AM

Thanks, Tally Ho.

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/20/10 07:08 PM

Thanks guys -now at the bomb puzzle ..not bad huh ? i have done this befor so we will see... happydance

Re: S.H-mystery of the mummy. - 10/20/10 11:59 PM

luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community