GB HOMEPAGE

Stuck in Serpent Moon

Posted By: sanford

Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 03:17 AM

Hi everybody. You TOO, Billy.
I started playing the game and I have gone past the part that was covered by the demo. I have been "roaming" around the neighborhood picking up "stuff" as I go along. I got the matches, looked at the phone number and now I am back in my hotel room
(Room 19). I dialed the phone number and got "Bruce" who said that I would find something about the girlfriend in the mail slot downstairs. I clicked on the "messages" behind the front desk, and there was nothing in the Room 19 slot or any other slot. I must have missed something, Billy, so maybe you could feed me a clue. Loving this game! Thanks,
Sandy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 03:19 AM

YOu may have already picked it up. Did you get a tape and play it?

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 05:06 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I did. Actually I had picked it up during the first few minutes of the game and used it on the TV and watched poor Wendy. Right now, in my inventory, I'm carrying DOG FOOD, a BOX of "treats", MATCHES, a SCREWDRIVER, the "PLIARS", a GLASS full of WATER. I have tried to give the "box of treats" and the DOG FOOD to the "DOG HIDDEN IN THE SHADOWS", but to no avail. I also have 2 coins. What NOW, Tigre?
Sandy (Sanford)

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 02:25 PM

Use the glass of water on the car radiator in the junkyard and get the dog whistle mentioned on the box of treats.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 02:30 PM

Having a Runtime problem that I've emailed Billy about, but when the game will run, I've got all of that plus a few more, like the junkyard car key and a note from Kiki. What I cannot find is the matchbook. Would anyone point me at it with a little hint?

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 02:34 PM

THe matches are in the wastebasket in the bathroom in the beginning of the game.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 02:44 PM

Sheesh! And I thought I'd dived into everyone of them! Thanks, Ana!

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 02:49 PM

You are welcome! Have fun.

Ana wave
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 03:46 PM

I am still in the demo until my game comes. I was biten by the snake, and don't knowm if I will die. Is there something I need to do about that? Thanks.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 03:47 PM

You will not die, just relax and play and you will come across the antidote in due time.

Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 05:01 PM

Went to the junk yard and there are two cars and one I just get a hot spot for the car engine battery no car radiator.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 05:31 PM

Perhaps you did not trigger it yet. It is the bottom car when in the first junkyard scene. Do you have the dog treats box? Find the dog?

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 05:46 PM

Thanks, Ana. kissy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 05:52 PM

Yes I've got the dog treats box. I saw the dog in the hotel room. I tried to cut the chain with the bolt cutters.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 06:54 PM

Thanks for the clue, Ana. I guess you mean that I have to find the dog somewhere in the junkyard?
By the way, I have found the map, and it's much easier getting around now.
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 07:17 PM

Sandy, use the dog whistle on the dog in the room in the boarding house.
Richard, let me replay real quick, it's been awhile, I am rusty.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 07:41 PM

Ana, I have not been able to find the dog as yet. I've been looking all around the junkyard. I have the dog treats in my inventory, but not the whistle. I know that there is SOMETHING I need to open the hood of the old red car. I've tried everything in my inventory. I can hear the dog barking in and around the junkyard. Is that the same dog that's in the apartment? Oh yes, I have the can full of gasoline and 6 or 7 coins by now WHEW! Thanking you in advance for your help.
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 07:48 PM

Sorry sanford, yes, that is the same dog.

I will replay now and see what you both are missing.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 07:57 PM

I've got so many inventory items and 10 coins. thanks
Richard
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:01 PM

How do you get electricity for the television? I got the ice machine done, but maybe I am missing something very simple, like plug it in? Thanks.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:02 PM

VRMpls, Take the remote from the drawer and take the battery from the smoke detector amnd combine them.
Richard, replaying now.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:05 PM

Thanks Ana. Did you play the game already. I just got mine yesterday.
Richard
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:07 PM

I'm itching to play this game, but I have to finish 'Shadows of the Servants' first and then play 'Tomb of Zojir'. So what are y'all thinking of the game, so far?? Are you liking it? Think it might be the best of the series?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:11 PM

it's a great game. Awful dark so I had to turn my monitor a lot brighter.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:13 PM

Richard, I beta tested the game so I have played multiple times.

Did you find and take the anti-venom yet and do the computer in the junkyard?
Do you have the magnifying glass?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:19 PM

Yes I took the anti-venom,but didn't know the password for the computer.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:20 PM

Here's a hint: Look around the junkyard office for a "name".

Here is a spoiler:
Click to reveal..
It's the dogs name on the dog bowl. AMIGO

Do you have the magnifying glass?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:29 PM

Yes I do and looked at the lock on the door at the hotel. What do the numbers mean. thanks Ana
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:31 PM

If you got on the computer, then plug the letter/numbers in the lock decoder.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
it's a great game. Awful dark so I had to turn my monitor a lot brighter.
Richard
Thanks for the reply, Richard, and the heads up about brightness. I can't wait to play it, but will finish the other two first.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:39 PM

I found a battery in the computer room but couldn't pick it up. It was in the right hand corner.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:39 PM

Lady Cav, it is a great addition to the series.

Richard, tHe Battery that you need for the car is located to the left of the water cooler on the floor in the junkyard office. After that you can work on the radiator.

I will quit playing now and will wait to see if you need help.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:43 PM

Thanks so much Ana. Now on with the game,you have been a big help.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:48 PM

Have fun! It just keeps getting better as you go along.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 08:52 PM

Thank you, Ana. How lucky that you got to beta test this game! This game series makes me jump more at sudden noises and images than many recent games I've played. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 10:10 PM

THey are my favorites too.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 11:13 PM

Stuck again trying to get the tumblers in the right position to open the door. I guess I'm in a motel. thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 11:29 PM

Did you put the code from the door lock into the computer? It will give you the correct position.

The first tumbler should be all the way down, second and third down one, 4th should be down 2 and 5th all the way down.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 11:31 PM

I did but I guess I forgot to look at. Thanks Ana.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/24/11 11:40 PM

No problem, have fun!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 02:12 AM

OK, Ana I'm really moving along now. I have Wendy's netbook. I need to know how to solve the
"VOICE" puzle in the netbook. Also I need the "TATTOO CARD" to use in the Tattoo machine.
By the way, I got a "Runtime Error" at one point and the game crashed. I started from my last savegame, and I've been saving quite frequently since then. I thank YOU, and our fellow Boomers who have contributed so much in this thread.
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 02:25 AM

You need to arrange the little sections of voice to make a sentence. Use the space all the way to the right to rest a piece while you make a space for another one.

Have you spoken to the man tending to a fire in a garbage can yet? You will get your tattoo card after you take care of him. He will appear when you are ready for him.

Don't worry anout saving, every twenty clicks it autosaves so even if crashes, the save should be rather current.

The exact order of words are:
Click to reveal..
Stop what you are doing and report to me

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 02:29 AM

Ana I would like to have the exact order of words. Your fast Ana. Got them.
thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 02:35 AM

lol I thought no one saw it yet, so I edited. Glad you saw my edit.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 03:46 AM

You're fantastic, Ana. Now I can do the "voice" puzzle. So far I have NOT seen a man tending to a fire in a garbage can. I guess you know what my next question will be. LOL
Sandy
OK, now I have used thr Tattoo Card on the Tattoo machine. None of the tattoos I select are accepted by our hero. Now WHAT? I'm lovin this game!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 12:17 PM

Have you talked to the Tattoo artist? Have you found the note she gives you back in the mail slot and right clicked on it in inventory to see the pattern you need? Have you gained access to the secret warehouse door and talked to the man who tells you to come back with the mark?

When you do these three things you can get the tatoo.

Have fun!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 05:00 PM

Will anything happen when I finished with the voice puzzle. What should I do with it.
Made it to the Blue Iguana bar. Got some quarters and used them on the phone. Picked up a piece of paper with a phone # on it. Put the change in the phone but couldn't call.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 06:28 PM

Put the phone number on the close-up of the phone. If you still need help:

Click to reveal..
Play the recording in the phone.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 06:39 PM

I put the phone # on the phone and it disappeared.
Will play the recording. thanks Ana
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 06:40 PM

YOu should now be connected to the Blue Iguana and by playing the recording into the phone you should get rid of the bartender. If not, let me know and I will replay the part.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 06:52 PM

got rid of the bartender and opened the safe and got the vial. thanks
Ana
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 06:53 PM

yay Onward and upward.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 07:47 PM

I can't get that guy in the warehouse to talk to me. I talked to the artist girl and she sent me a note and I looked at it. Still can't get a tattoo.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 07:52 PM

Have you talked to the man by the garbage can and found the tattoo card? Have you talked to him again after you get the card about seeing the lady who lost her daughter and who won't answer the door (the door where you ring the bell and she tells you to go away)? You need something from her to gain access to the warehouse secret room.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 08:00 PM

She let me in and I talked to her. I had to use a key to leave her house. Maybe I should go back again if she will let me in, Is that the woman that was wearing a mask? I have the tattoo card and talked to the old man twice. She won't give me anything. There wea a snake in the room also.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 08:23 PM

Do you have a necklace and a journal? Did she tell you what it is for? If you do not have it I will find where you get it, because I can't remember.

Set the necklace
Click to reveal..
to the directions in the journal and use it on the door inside the warehouse to gain access.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 08:29 PM

I think I have it. You can move the rings around can't you. There was three letters on it that you have to line up which I did.
richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 08:38 PM

That is correct, when you get to the inner door of the warehouse, use the necklace with the letters set correctly.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 09:31 PM

OK Ana will do. Thanks
That did it.I'm in the secret room. happydance
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 10:03 PM

Yay! You are in my favorite parts now. Have fun!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 10:43 PM

Well I got the tattoo and I hope I don't have to do the puzzle. I don't see any skip. The guy opened the door for me. How come I'm the only thats need help? Thanks Ana.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 11:04 PM

THe puzzle on the chest by the door? There are no skips in the game.

The puzzle is very easy. You can keep clicking till you get an easy board on each level.

If you really get stumped send me your save and I'll play it and send it back.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/25/11 11:14 PM

thanks Ana. How do I open the stone box in the graveyard.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 02:31 AM

Stone box... duh Can you describe please?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 02:33 AM

It's in the grave yard in the crypt. It looks like a big coffen with a light above it. There was a snake it the room to.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 02:39 AM

You will find a metal bar (crowbar) to open it. Did you do the puzzle in the first crypt to open the other locked one?

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 02:41 AM

Is that the one with three green lights on. I had one green light on but when you sent me the saves I had three green lights on. I looked at the other one but it says it's locked and closed. I don't why. Will get back with you tomorrow Ana. Thanks
richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 03:07 AM

I did nothing for you except the raven puzzle. I didn't think you went past that yet. The lights could be lit but it probably still needs to be done. Can you move the wheels? If so, it is not done. You will need to do it to open the locked crypt.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 05:24 AM

WOW! I'm really chugging along now, because of your help, Ana. I made it down to the SEWERS, and I sense a maze to follow. LOL! Any guidance here will be appreciated. (Hint---- Hint). I usually would be following a walkthrough, but so far, so good. Not too shabby for an old man!
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 01:22 PM

Got all of the green lights off and the game crashed. Tried the auto save but no go. Have to do it again.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 01:40 PM

SAndy, no maze, just a couple ways to go. Did you find the electrical box on the wall and look in a barrel? I think that's it and then go up the ladder to the graveyard. If you are still there and can't move on, let me know and I will write down the moves.

Sorry the game crashed Richard. THe auto saves every 20 moves, you shouldn't have to go back too far.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 01:52 PM

Ana I see the electrical box but don't know what to do with it. I got the green lights out but still can't get in the other crypt.The gears won't move now.. Could you write down the moves. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 02:59 PM

SAndy, Go down into the sewer, go forward, head right to the electrical panel, you will need to come back when you have the metal bar (crowbar), go back, go forward and up the ladder.

Richard, the green lights need to be lit and then you will see a cutscene showing you the locked crypt opening. SEnd me your saves again and I'll see if maybe your crash corrupted it.

PS - You need to do the lights using the code on your disk and manual,you did that right?

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 03:09 PM

Thanks so much Ana. Will do
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 03:26 PM

Richard, you completed the puzzle and the door is indeed unlocked. Maybe you are trying to enter the wrong crypt.

After leaving the puzzle, back out of the screen via the bottom and enter the crypt to your immediate left.

Ana

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 03:34 PM

You are right as usual I found the other crypt. Just delete the saves I sent you.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 03:57 PM

Have fun!

Ana wave
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 06:53 PM

Have found on the pc the diagram for key to the upper room back area of hotel...but how do i make a key or what still do i need to get into that room (if i need to). I have been watching this thread...my hat's off to all playing this..i have found it for some reason -just me i am sure-mostly to-ing, and fro-ing tiresome and not making much progress, is a bit tiresome..and not as engaging as i would've liked.(again--i am sure is just me as i know Mr Fisher's games are great-have played them all).

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 06:59 PM

Gamenut, you need to get the lockpick from the Pawnshop owner to be able to set the tumbler correctly. The game picks up as you progress!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 07:02 PM

Thanks much Tigre! Nope-he won't talk and i'm 'just looking around'. don't know what i need to do to trip the next thing to go on .

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 07:11 PM

You are welcome! Have fun.

Ana wave
Posted By: greybeard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 07:40 PM

Well, I think I'm about ready to die. I keep wandering around searching for this so-called anti-venom. I've got more inventory items than I can count and I know the password for the computer and I have a room lock code but I can't enter the password so I assume I have to find this miracle anti-venom somewhere. Can anybody just tell me where the heck it is so I can get on with the game?

Thanks,
greybeard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 07:57 PM

welcome to GameBoomers greybeard.

THe anti-venom is located at the pier. It is on a shelf above the small refrigerator on the left.

Ana wave
Posted By: greybeard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 08:42 PM

Oh my goodness! That dang snake bite made my vision blurry. I was there several times and didn't notice it. Thanks for the welcome Ana and thanks for the clue and I apologize if my frustration left me a little rude blush

greybeard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 08:49 PM

No problem greybeard, enjoy the game.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 10:22 PM

I'm at the house and trying to get in the window. there is a slot between the window what should I put there. same place where the graveyard is. I already turned off the alarm. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/26/11 11:00 PM

Look in the mailbox to the left of the door and open the envelope and take the credit card.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 03:18 PM

Greybeard-don't feel bad. I also was at pier several times and missed that bottle on shelf!
Tigre-finally found the lockpicks-had not gone far enough down lower left in Junkyard to see other area where they were located! After that I played for quite awhile longer and have gotten to the house by graveyard. I did the 'autosolve' for the Raven/Snake puzzle after many tries. As per the info sheet that came with game-once you are in the game(playing) if you want autosolve just leave cursor alone for 45 min. Then game will solve-you will not see the solve-but it will happen-However,it does not tell you it that it will take another hour or so for it to be solved (at least in my game). don't know if that is the 'normal' times it is to be autosolved in or not. So if anyone else needs to autosolve it does work you just need to go do something else for about 2 hrs. You were right - game (to me) did see to 'pick up' and am getting ready to try and move on in game today--really enjoyed it later last night! Thanks for the help.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 03:29 PM

Glad you found more areas and are now moving along. I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the second half and hope you do too.

Ana wave
Posted By: billy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 04:27 PM

I noticed that Gamenut mentioned the Crow Puzzle plays a little slow (some others have mentioned that it plays slower than it should on their computer) So I have created a patch to fix this.

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/moon/society_walkthrough.htm

(A partial walkthrough is available too)

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 04:31 PM

Thanks Billy!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 04:41 PM

Thanks Billy--and thanks for the autosolve for that puzzle...i did notice a bit of slowness while playing the game but my main comment was about the time for the autosolve (and it was fine w/me..just so it got solved!). I was off to a slow start - getting a bit frustrated but now feel great enjoyment with game. That 'TAB' key is very important. If i had used it sooner i could've saved myself a lot of frustration...so i use it quite a bit now--just to make sure! Thanks for that.
P.S.....hope you already have more good ideas for next game! smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 04:45 PM

Fantastic - a patch !! Thanks mucho thumbsup

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 06:50 PM

Stuck again...how do i shut off house alarm? found electric/phone box in sewer-how do i call Bruce--what phone& where?? have the crowbar and journal out of crypt. help...ps-how many coins are we to have. i have 11.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 07:01 PM

Speak to the man through the window that is locked in the room at the left side of the house.

Where you found the crowbar there is a flash attachment across the room. Use the screwdriver on the flash attachement and get a capacitor. Charge the capacitor on the electric box and give it to the man in the locked room.

11 coins sounds about right for where you are.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 07:23 PM

Thanks Tigre! how many coins should we end up with?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 07:26 PM

I believe I ended up with 28, but don't worry because you will find a chest full of 16 when you need them.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 08:59 PM

Well, disarmed Alarm and got into house but no further along. can't get man out of locked cell.dound slip of papaer with numbers but can't use on anything. stuck again. The Crow puzzle-what did it give? antivenom? I ask because now i am not so sure it autosolved..so just want to check-because if it did not give me what i thought then i will download the patch and try, try, try again!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 09:05 PM

THe man is free, he just stays in the room.
The Raven puzzle gave you an anti-venom.

Have you wandered the graveyard entirely? Have you done the vials? Have you talked to the man in the cell? Did you read the saying on the wall in the other cwell and did what the verse said?

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 09:12 PM

well, that stupid man!-ok..my Raven solved. got vials and put in the stand. must go back and re-read that saying in cell in tower basement..hope it helps! Thanks Tigre! I think my brain must be trying to go into hibernation! This is one twisty game!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 09:50 PM

i was just going to ask about finding the 4th vial, and the Blue Iguana, since I realized there are only 3 vials in the test tube holder, and the wharf and pier area looks no different.

Then I read the above posts. What man?? What cell? I've only visited the secret lab and crypt with the book and formula, and then charged a capacitor. Darj has no new conversation for me.

Do I need to use the last combination in my DVD insert on the valve lock in the very first crypt? (I assumed that would be later).

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 09:58 PM

gamenut, All clues are scattered about, just realize that conversations and sayings you read are all clues for the progression of the game. You also may not be able to solve things right away. THere are a lot of fun areas to explore, enjoy!

Ladycav, you get to the Blue Iguana with the car in the main area from the beginning. I won't tell you more so that you can discover it yourself. From there you will get the 4th vial. The man is in a cell that you can get to from the left side of the house.
If you have the capacitor charged you had to complete the puzzle in the first crypt.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 10:11 PM

I have created an update to patch 2.3 - It contains EASY MODE - where players now have a hint book in the inventory to look at if they want. Download patch here:

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/moon/society_walkthrough.htm

You must check EASY MODE box it use in main menu screen

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 10:12 PM

My word, the car! Had forgotten all about it. I was assuming I needed a conversation with someone to trigger a new location on my map for the Blue Iguana. I should refrain from making assumptions. smile

Thank you very kindly, Ana! smile

Edit to add: Thank you Billy! A few gentle hints are always welcome!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 10:15 PM

Wow Billy! You have been busy. yay

LadyCav, have fun!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 10:37 PM

Ladycav--i feel your pain. i have yet to get car to go anywhere smile . keeps saying i need directions. where's a gps when you need it? smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 10:52 PM

The directions are on the laptop. You need to click on the mapfinder icon.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:04 PM

think tried that..no wireless access. twisty Billy--very twisty! and we love it.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:10 PM

Ana, once I got to the car, I had no problem getting to the Blue Iguana.

But I can't get the recorder to work properly. I have the words rearranged in the correct order, per a previous post in this thread), but it won't "play" for the bartender.

When I right click on the laptop, I can right click and recite all of those words in the sentence. But when I hit the "play" button on the recorder, the thin red bar goes across the wave lengths with no sound. The character Bill said it sounded about right when the words were rearranged. But the recorder if often unresponsive when clicking here or there. I went back into the bar and the bartender is still cleaning up. How to I get the recorder to speak to the bartender? Just clicking the laptop onto the phone doesn't work.

@ gamenut... have you tried to find the address on the laptop when you are INSIDE the tattoo shop?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:15 PM

gamenut, there is a sign on the tattoo parlor door that says it is a WiFi area. That is the only place you can access the laptop.

LadyCav, I don't have any answer for the audio problem. Do you want to send me your saves and I can see? I need everything in the folder labelled game.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:18 PM

Thank you, Ana. I've never tried to send files before, but I'll give it a try. Was hitting the 'play' button supposed to work? I'll go look for those files in the meantime.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:23 PM

Yes, the play button should work.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:24 PM

LadyCav I had to right click on each word. the play button didn't work for me.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:24 PM

Ana, I tried to email the file to you, but it was rejected - tagged as spam. Is it possible to PM them? I've never tried.

Edit: Richard, thanks but I tried that.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:28 PM

I'll PM you a different address.

Edit: All done, see your email.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/27/11 11:56 PM

Hey Ana--just a while ago i went to Tattoo shop (among other places)trying to go to places that might have access...figured Tattoo place bound to have something and sure enough on the flyer board saw the glyph for Wireless (not familiar with going out and about and using wireless to 'look' for i guess they're called 'hotspots'? i didn't pick up on the meaning right away-silly me). now in front of the Bar. Thanks so much. Hope ladycav gets the message to play--i guess i will have that coming up too if i can get the phone to dial. think saw a post about that earlier so will check it.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I'll PM you a different address.

Edit: All done, see your email.

Ana, you are an angel! Thank you so much! praise

I was able to get the files to load properly and I now have the 4th vial. I don't know why the recorder would not "play" for both Richard and myself. I'm glad to be able to get past that point and continue on, thanks to you. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 12:28 AM

Ana I'm at the tower in back of the house and have to enter some numbers in the B. Do you know what they are. thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 12:29 AM

gamenut, glad you made it to the Blue Iguana. Have a drink for me. lol

Ladycav, you are very welcome. Have fun now. yay

Richard, you have to do the math. Let me refresh my memory, I'll be right back.

Gamenut, I apologize on my earlier comment on the man being able to get out. You do need to unlock the door, but he will them choose to stay.

EDIT: Richard, If I am not mistaken, the man in the cell gives you a code A-B=C or something like that. perhaps written on the wall? Do you have that code?
My saves are too far away and I'm trying to finish writing a walkthrough. If you tell me the code, I'll explain how to use it.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 12:51 AM

Will go back to the man in the cell.Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 12:56 AM

I found it, it is on the wall in the cell. If you don't understand it, read the spoiler.

Click to reveal..
SEt the dial to = and write down the number, click to A and subtract that number, click to C and subtract that number, click to B and enter the number remaining after subtracting A and C into the pad. Do this 3 times.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:00 AM

Well, I'm embarrassed now to post again. blush I seem to be at a loss. I have the formula mixed and a dart loaded with blood. I've been everywhere - to the lady in the apartment, to Darj, to the tattoo parlor - no new conversations. The wharf and pier are empty, no one is at the junkyard, and the man at the pawn shop is ...ahem, not able to speak, as well as the girl in the bed in the boarding house. The boss and his lackey had a conversation while Bill listened behind the corner I haven't a clue where to go next or what to do next. ??????

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:07 AM

You need to get to the house, have you been there? From the crypt that you found the crowbar in, back out of the screen via the bottom and go through the gates.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:11 AM

No, Ana, I haven't been to the house. Leaving the cemetery through the main gate only led to the hole down into the sewers that I came out of. Is that the same gate and I just did not notice another directional arrow to follow?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:12 AM

Different gate. Stand directly outside the crypt that you unlocked with the DVD/Manual puzzle. It is next to the lab. Back out of the screen via the bottom.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:14 AM

Ah,a different gate! Thanks very much, Ana. I'll leave you alone for a while now. blush

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:19 AM

I'm here if you need me. As long as I can help, I'm here. Enjoy!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:24 AM

Thanks Ana I got the mine car Activated.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:36 AM

Fantastic!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:37 AM

Thank you, ma'am. I appreciate it. smile
I found the way into the house now.
I'll save the next part for another day.

Since you have beta'd, about how far along in the game am I?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:40 AM

Ana,

Thanks very much for the help given. kissy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:45 AM

LadyCav, you are just over half done.

MaG - hearts

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 01:54 AM

Ana How do I get the notebook from the skeleton.
tried everything in my inventory. thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 02:03 AM

Where is the skeleton Richard and I'll try to find it. I have a save before and after the notebook but don't remember where I got it.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 02:10 AM

It's in the crypt that I used the crowbar to take off the top of the coffin. In the graveyard.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 02:17 AM

Oh! There is an egg in a vase that a snake comes out of in that crypt. Take the egg and give it to the snake guarding the notebook. I thought you were in the mine.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 02:19 AM

I'm all over the place. I can't get into the mine cars yet. Thanks
richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 02:31 AM

lol It sounds like you are getting close.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 02:35 AM

I think I will wait until you get done with your WT and pick up where I am. Really a nice game but quite hard. thanks for all your help Ana.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:02 AM

No worries Richard, I can help. As long as I don't have to replay alot, I am good. Ask away.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:33 AM

well guys..i gotta tell you..this a very good game. started off real slow for me--ran around in 'circles' forever before tripping a spot to enter and have been stuck again several times since..but the atmosphere in the game keeps me going! i am in/out of mine-got in the car-been to some ruins, climbed down a rope, and now have entered a huge 'Fortress' and am surrounded by 3 really nasty creatures and no clue how to defeat 'em or scare them off....have used everything in inventory on them (no matter how odd it is) but no luck..must have to combine something but don't see how.. a cliff hanger! smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:36 AM

Right click on a coin to get a close-up and cut it with a cutting tool in your inventory.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:41 AM

Oh Ana..are you staying up all night to help us fellow Boomers?! Thanks for the hint..didn't expect answer until tomorrow...hope you have good and safe Holiday and thank you for all your help. Ahh..now the hard decision...to go back and play or use some self control and wait until tomorrow...

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:46 AM

lol Actually I am working, so I'll be here awhile.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:20 PM

Just had to stop last night after the last post--eyes/brain tired! Began this am and have just now finished the game. LOVED IT!! The only problem is-and i know you ALL can relate-once you finish a really, really, REALLY good game you wish you hadn't...because you wanted it to keep going! Well, that is the way i feel now...satisfied that i had a very good game to play (best in MONTHS and MONTHS and MONTHS)but sorry it is now over. I sure enjoyed it...Hmmm...wonder if Wendy & Bill might somehow pop up again... I do want to add this..i played on a pitiful laptop (haven't been able to get newer desktop)-no new 3d card and no newer sound and minimum processor speed and RAM and the game still played. Now-i did lower (in the options)some settings just to see if would play(fearing the worst) and it did!! I can only imagine how good it must look and sound on a better more powerful machine! When i get a new one this will be one of the first i will replay (and i don't replay too many). Hope you are busy on the next one Billy 'cause i'm already wishing it was here! Excellent Job! enjoyed the voices -so nice and creepy!!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:42 PM

How is it that the Raven puzzle gives one more anti-venom? I don't have more anti-venom after the last was drank. The chest did not open or do anything after I let the raven puzzle autosolve. I double checked my inventory, looking for another pink bottle.

I am at the point where two goons won't allow me into the fortress and there is no active hotspot for any type of action to take place.

I tried pouring a stone bowl of oil over the stone snake's head in the cave and that didn't work, nor did a coin or any other inventory item. So as of yet, I can't get through this second or third stone door.

I left the area, went back to the raven puzzle. It still said "win" at 2001 points, so I did another level, which brought it to 2200 or something points, but still no anti-venom or open chest. What did I miss, please??

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:51 PM

@ Gamenut - glad you enjoyed the game! Thanks for nice comments.

@ladyCav - if you are in the fortress then you need to find the antivenom in the fortress - but you dont need it to get by the goons (probably already got the anti-venom from the raven puzzle way back)

There should be 3 goons... put the mouse over all three and listen to the hint.

Click to reveal..
Destroy one of the Servants coins

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 03:59 PM

Thank you very kindly, Billy, for your quick response! I only remembered seeing two goons but I'll go back and check again, and listen for a hint.

Thanks also for the tip about finding anti-venom. As I had said, I couldn't get the raven puzzle to give me anti-venom. Regarding your spoiler:

Click to reveal..
I tried right clicking on the green coin, but there were no active red gears to be able to do anything with them, such as find something to destroy with, like bolt cutters which is the only thing in inventory I thought I could use.

I just assumed I had missed a step or missed finding something for a new inventory item. I'll go back and try again. Thank you very much. Your games are awesome!

Edit to Add:

Thank you, Billy. Trying to leave the fortress (rather than exiting the game and going back to my previous save just outside the fortress) did the trick. I had to see the third goon before the next actions became available to me. On my way once again. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:00 PM

Ana do you have a picture of the pipe puzzle in the mines? Thanks
richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:03 PM

I can do one for you. Give me a minute....I be back

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:08 PM

Ok Ana thanks so much.
richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:26 PM

Did you find the clue for it in the barrel in the mine?

Here is the completed puzzle.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:34 PM

I sure did Ana and put it together. Love this game. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:39 PM

You are welcome!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:43 PM

Near the end of the game,
Click to reveal..
using a dart on Sashia does no good. So restarting the saved game and using the mother's keys instead or anti-venom on her does not work either.

But there's a cave with a sealed stone door that I still haven't gained access to.
Click to reveal..
There must be a reason for the vial of anti-venom, which was found in the fortress but not yet used. When Bill gets blasted out of the ritual room, I'm supposing I need to try something else.
I went back to water pit and door with snake head, but still can't gain entrance. Could I have a gentle nudge please? I must be brain dead today playing three games back to back.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:52 PM

Is the dart in the Bamboo?

You do not need the anti-venom yet nor can you gain access to the head.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 06:59 PM

Yes, I sure thought it was when I combined the two. I'll have to check again to be sure. Game is just a tad unstable at times. Sometimes I open the game and see nothing but horizontal colored lines, and ctrl/alt/del out of the game and start again. Sometimes it loads at the same narrow resolution as the intro video and have to start again. When I tried to use the dart, it disappeared from inventory, or so I thought, but active red gears were still there. I'll scroll across inventory again to make sure.

Thank you, Ana. I appreciate the help and knowing it's not time for the cave door just yet.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 07:05 PM

Let me know how it works. If it doesn't work, send me your saves again and I'll take a look.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 07:13 PM

Yep, it definitely is "Dart with Bamboo" or vice versa, when mousing over inventory. Try to use the dart on intended target when it is quivering, indicating proper usage, click to use, nothing happens - scroll all the way across inventory, and dart with bamboo is gone from inventory.

I don't quite understand why, and hate to bother you, but I'll try sending the game saves to you again. Sorry about the inconvenience. smirk

Edit: game saves just emailed. Thanks.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 07:38 PM

I defeated Sashia and added a save for that. I had no troubles.

WAlk into the room, watch the cutscene and then use the bamboo on her neck and watch the cutscene.

If it doesn't work, I did it for you and saved so you can continue on from there, but it would be nice for you to see the cutscene.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 08:03 PM

I wasn't able to get the bamboo to work at all, (too bad), so I loaded your save and have proceeded into the next room.

Many thanks to you, Ana. I appreciate your taking the time to help out on these problem spots!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 08:14 PM

I hope you looked where Sashia was standing before you moved into the next room.

Have fun!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 08:22 PM

Ana do you know where the light puzzle is where you have to remember what lights are on. and it's looks like a eye in the center. Could you do it for me. I'm not fast enough to remember. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 08:32 PM

SEnd me you saves Richard.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 08:40 PM

Ok Ana. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 08:55 PM

On it's way back to you.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 09:08 PM

Ana, many thanks to you for all your help! You are an angel! bravo

I was able to finish the game with your sent game saves. Awesome game! It was long, complex in places, and thoroughly entertaining, in spite of a few hiccups along the way.

I just finished Shadows of the Servants, Tomb of Zojir, and Serpent Moon - back to back. So I'm a bit bleary eyed at the moment. sleep

I have loved this series and look forward to the next installment. Thank you, Mr. Fisher, for all the hard work! Outstanding games! smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 09:11 PM

rah Glad you enjoyed it LadyCav, sorry you experienced hiccups. I am looking forward to the next one as well.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 09:48 PM

Thanks Ana.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 09:51 PM

You are welcome!

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 10:08 PM

I'm on a cliff and looking down at the mine entrance. I press the tab key and it shows a hot spot about half way down but I don't get a action cursor. Would you know why.
thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 10:13 PM

You need to put something on the boulder on your left prior to going down.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 10:14 PM

Thanks Ana I know what to put.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/28/11 10:18 PM

thumbsup

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 12:01 AM

Ana i'm trying to find some thing in my inventory to cut the coins with. I've got three funny looking guys looking at me. Stuck. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 12:15 AM

You have Bolt Cutters, try those.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 12:22 AM

I tried them but will try them again. It worked what I did at first is right clicked on the coins and tried to use the bolt cutters on the coin. Good thing I saved it before because it crashed. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 12:43 AM

That's what you should do. I believe I right clicked on the coins and then cut them. Are you all good now?

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 12:48 AM

I sure am Ana. thanks so much.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 12:50 AM

Excellent! yay

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 01:30 PM

Ana would you have a picture of the gem table puzzle. I put my hand in the heads platform but couldn't make out the colors on the back wall. Thanks
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 01:35 PM

Richard, that was hard to see even though I put the hand in the puzzle several times. I ended up doing a screen shot and opening it in PSP to highlight the colors. The correct placement is:

Click to reveal..
two green at the top
two red on the left
two pink at the right
three blue on the bottom

Edit to add: at least it was in my game. Don't know if it's a random puzzle.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/29/11 01:43 PM

Thanks LadyCav will give it a try. Worked good.
richard
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCav
I can't get the recorder to work properly. I have the words rearranged in the correct order, per a previous post in this thread), but it won't "play" for the bartender.

When I right click on the laptop, I can right click and recite all of those words in the sentence. But when I hit the "play" button on the recorder, the thin red bar goes across the wave lengths with no sound. The character Bill said it sounded about right when the words were rearranged. But the recorder if often unresponsive when clicking here or there. I went back into the bar and the bartender is still cleaning up. How to I get the recorder to speak to the bartender? Just clicking the laptop onto the phone doesn't work.

I'm having the exact same problem as LadyCav. This is the exterior phone at the Blue Iguana, using the recording from the laptop. Nothing I try works. I'm finding the dialogue a little buggy in this game. Does anyone have a save just past this point that they could send to me, so I can get rolling again? laugh

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 10:42 PM

Rushes, I could send you the saves that were sent to me. Or should I ask permission of BrownedEyedTigre first?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 10:44 PM

If you could send them, that would be great. thanks I don't think Ana would mind. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 10:45 PM

Okay I will send them to your email address. It's a whole list of saves.

Edit to add: Email sent, Rushes. It contains many saves after the point you are at. It should say something like "after phone call" or something like that.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 10:53 PM

Got them, thanks again. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 10:54 PM

luck with the rest of the game. Glad you got them okay. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 05/31/11 11:27 PM

Rushes, if you want, I will play your save so that you don't miss anything. Send me the whole group if you want me to.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 04:23 AM

Hi Ana, It's been a long haul. I am so close to the ending that I can taste it. (LOL) I'm at the Snake Circle puzzle. I'm trying to rescue Wendy. I have the bowl of oil in inventory. I've been using on the Serpents mouth. I see three different Roman numerals as I turn the statue using the button. (V, X, I) I keep feeding the oil into the serpents mouth, then turning.
It seems that there MUST be a pattern that needs to be followed in order to solve this puzzle. I've been trying different combinations to no avail.I really can use your help on this one
Sandy

P.S. On behalf of myself, and I'm sure that I'm speaking also for my fellow Boomers, you have been
absolutely wanderful, patient, and informative as we have been making our way through this MAGNIFICENT game. Bill really outdid himself on this one. Do I "smell" a sequel in the near future?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 11:09 AM

thumbsup LadyCav.

Thanks, Ana -- I managed to juggle the saves so that I didn't miss anything. smile

sanford, you'll find the clue for the snake circle puzzle in Sashia's chambers (the archway behind where her remains are lying).

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 11:49 AM

Rushes, regarding the clue for Sanford, does that mean you have already finished??? My goodness, that certainly was fast!! shocked

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 12:02 PM

Yup, I finished last night. It was a late one. lol

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: sanford

P.S. On behalf of myself, and I'm sure that I'm speaking also for my fellow Boomers, you have been
absolutely wanderful, patient, and informative as we have been making our way through this MAGNIFICENT game. Bill really outdid himself on this one. Do I "smell" a sequel in the near future?

Thank you for your kind words Sandy. Much appreciated. hearts

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 02:46 PM

We all appreciate Ana! kissy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 02:59 PM

Aww thanks MaG! I don't know how Rushes and you do it everyday helping others through their games. It's not easy!

Ana kissy
Posted By: Carole

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 07:12 PM

I seldom post, but am going nuts-I know I need some oil, but cannot figure out where it is. Have visited the lower mine, have seen Wendy, twirled the serpents, etc.-just don't have any oil-please help! Have played these games since the first one and do not recall ever being
stuck like this. I know I am near the end, surely would like to finish. Thanks a million.

Carole

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 07:20 PM

Hi Carole,

Have you visited the enclosure with the tall statue holding the bowl, yet?

You need the bowl, and then you need to investigate that area a little more to find where the oil is.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 07:44 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply-but-I have the bowl, standing at the well-nothing works on bucket, panel on side of well or hole above panel. Tried everything I have.Do I need another tool or what? Thanks

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 07:46 PM

You can find a spare handle inside the mine which can be used on that hole. luck

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 08:10 PM

I went back to the mine(one with elevator)and could not find a thing-also went back to cave and no luck there either. Am I going blind in my old age or what? Could you please be more specific as to location of lever. If you are referring to that screwdriver looking thing-it does not work. Many thanks again.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 08:24 PM

Look on the side of the elevator.
Richard

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 08:31 PM

Thanks, Richard.

Yes, it's inside the switchbox to the left of the elevator you came down on.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 09:11 PM

Many, many thanks to both of you. That was all I needed to finish. What a great game! Cannot wait for the next one.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 09:57 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, ANA.I had looked at that book before, but I had not read the passages on that page. I was so concentrated trying to find something from my inventory to apply to the right side page that I completely missed that all important clue to solve the Serpents Circle puzzle.
Now I'm finished. The ending and the CREDITS were both AWESOME. I'm going to delete all my saves and start all over. I made quite a few notes, so the second time around should be "easy".
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 10:28 PM

Glad you both finished and enjoyed the game.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 11:03 PM

Thanks, Rushes. This certainly is the BEST HORROR GAME I have ever played. Can you tell me where I can find the SAVEGAMES folder for this game? I would like to delete all my saves and start playing the game again with a "clean slate".
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 11:08 PM

Do you have XP or Win 7?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 11:09 PM

This is where they're at for my XP:

C:\users\HP_Administrator\Last Half of Darkness-Society of the Serpent Moon\media\game

If you have Vista or Win7 I hope that helps you find them, otherwise you might need to do a file search.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/01/11 11:11 PM

The path after Users is whatever you call your computer so it will vary by person.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 03:22 AM

Thanks, Ana and Rushes. I also have Win XP. I cut and pasted my old saves into a new folder (just in case). Happy Gaming!
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 10:48 AM

Enjoy your replay!
Posted By: GBC

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 02:38 PM

Stuck: Where is the red car in Junk Yard? There are two cars. the one with the hood open I put the battery in and got the whistle out. The other car in the back I can't click on. I used the computer, got the description of the car ( I think it's Jerry's car), I got the key for the apartment with the dog. What I need is the lockpick from the trunk. Do I have the wrong car? Where's the red car?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 02:42 PM

Hi Gail,

The red car is in the area south of the car where you put in the battery. Press your Tab key to see all the available exits in any screen you're currently in. smile
Posted By: GBC

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 03:00 PM

Oh Duh duh So simple!
Thanks Rushes, I've been looking for that car for awhile now. lol Back to the game!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 03:01 PM

grin Have fun!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 05:35 PM

I give up. I've got all four vials of blood but I can't go any further because I can't get into that stone coffin. I just cannot find the crowbar to open it. Anyone mind putting a finger on the crowbar for me? (Preferably not detached, bloody and wrapped in gauze.)

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 05:38 PM

There's another crypt that you can go into that has an open sarcophagus, no lid on it. I think that's where I found the crowbar.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 05:43 PM

Evidently I'm missing something else, then, LadyCav. I suppose you mean the one just inside the cemetary? When Billy tries to go in, he stops. Says there's not enough light in there to see anything. Oy vey. Guess I'll have to go look for a flashlight. <g>

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 05:43 PM

You need to use the matchbook on the first crypt.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 05:44 PM

Just use the matches instead of a flashlight.

oops, you beat me to it, Ana. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 05:46 PM

Lol! Funny how our preconceptions...what's a tiny match going to do?...trip us up.
Thanks!

To both of you!

Gil.
Posted By: seagul

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 09:14 PM

I have some computer issues and can't play the phone call Wendy recorded (Bruce is talking). Can someone tell me what he says? Perhaps i can figure out how i should change the order of the words. Thanks a lot. summer

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 09:21 PM

Hi seagul, here's the sentence:

Click to reveal..
Stop what you are doing and report to me.

When you press the play button, do you hear anything at all? It's possible you might have hit the same glitch as I did, and one or two other members. Keep us posted.

luck

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 09:24 PM

If you can't play it the only way around it is to get a save. Putting them in the right order won't get you past it unfortunately.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 09:28 PM

Thanks, Rushes.
When i hit the play button i hear nothing. Sometimes i see a red line moving from left to right.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 10:06 PM

Would you like me to send you my save pack? smile The game is non-linear, so you might need to replay some areas, or juggle saves so that you don't miss anything, but at least that will get you moving again.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 10:11 PM

Oh, that would be great, Rushes. thanks

BrownEyedTigre, you are right: solving the puzzle without sound did not solve my problems. smirk

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 10:13 PM

They'll be on their way to you in a few minutes. luck

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/02/11 11:53 PM

Thanks Rushes, your saves solved my problem. bravo thumbsup

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/03/11 11:04 AM

Great! Enjoy the rest of the game.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 05:18 AM

AT&T is giving me fits tonight, my DSL connection keeps going down, so I hope I can type fast enough to ask you about this.

I'm having a problem with the generator puzzle and I'm not totally sure it's a glitch. It may be me.

When I try to connect the pipes, I always get through the first two bends, but after that, in random places, one piece of pipe or another refuses to connect. Usually there's an empty space outlined in green where the piece should go and it's as if that space is blocking me from putting anything there. (And instead of the "clunk" of a pipe going into place, I hear a "grzzt".) I thought at first that the game was refusing to let me make an incorrect connection but that's not it. It will let me put a down pipe right at the bottom where I cannot possibly put a bend below it, for instance. Has anyone else run into this? Do you know what I can do about it?

(In the process of messing around with this, I've found out that you cannot do the puzzle from right to left. Or from both ends to the middle. <g> It won't count the pieces as being in place.)

Sure would appreciate some help. If I'm connected and can read it.

Gil.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 11:05 AM

I've been cruising along in this thoroughly pleaant game and feeling quite superior because I haven't needed any help. HA! This'll show me. I'm in the office of the Blue Iguana and have just heard Bruce and the bartender converse. All has gone well, but I can't find the combination to the wall safe. What did I miss? Is it odd to really enjoy a game that makes me feel so dumb sometimes?
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 11:07 AM

Think there may be a slight glitch with the generator puzzle. I was able to join the pipes up okay, but part was upside down. While I was thinking about it absent-mindedly I put the last piece at the end (not connected to anything) and the puzzle was solved. think

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 11:52 AM

I didn't have any trouble with connecting the pipes; they always slotted straight into any green square. It sounds like a glitch, Gil? You could try replaying from an earlier save, or alternatively I have a save, if you would like it?

The Haze: Check the book on the bar.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 12:06 PM

I have made it to the mineshaft. I took a fuse out of a fusebox and put it into another fusebox that already had 1 fuse in it. When I pull the lever at the bottom, it still says NO POWER.Iam still seeing the gear icon, but can't do anything with the fuses. Also, when I look at the generator I don't see any pipe puzzle, just an empty space.I have already put the torn paper together.Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Doreen

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 12:54 PM

Hi Doreen, you need to find the box of pipes first. Check the mine shaft North. luck

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 01:06 PM

Rushes, I have looked everywhere and still can't find a box of pipes. Is mineshaft North where the elevator shaft and the generator are?

Doreen

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 01:20 PM

It's the screen with the dead body, surrounded by boulders. The entry to mine shaft North is at the first screen you come to after leaving the area with the mine cart.

You should see wording appear at the top of your screen when you move your cursor over the available exitways. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 01:32 PM

Rushes, I'll try playing from an earlier save first. If that doesn't help, I'll take advantage of your offer of a save.

Thanks much,

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: The Haze
I'm in the office of the Blue Iguana and have just heard Bruce and the bartender converse. All has gone well, but I can't find the combination to the wall safe.

Did you miss something out in the bar area?

Quote:
Is it odd to really enjoy a game that makes me feel so dumb sometimes?

Lol! If you do, that makes two of us!

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 01:34 PM

Thanks Rushes, I found them. I had gone the other way when I got out of the mine car.

Doreen

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 01:54 PM

Keep us posted, Gil.

Glad you found them, Doreen.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 04:20 PM

Finally i finished the game.
I was so happy to have the savegames Rushes gave me. I needed them a second time, i experienced the same problem as LadyCav.
Click to reveal..
The dart did not hurt Sashia.

Thanks for all your help, Tigre and Rushes, you are angels. yes
kissy
I like the game very much, and i am curious
Click to reveal..
what will happen in the next game. The riddle of the bloodstone is not solved yet!

Thanks for this wonderfull game! catrub

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 04:31 PM

I had the second glitch also, seagul. It seems as though if you experience the first (with the phone box recorder) then you also hit the second (with Sashia).

Glad you finished and enjoyed the game! happydance

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 05:23 PM

I finally could solve the last confrontation.
Click to reveal..
I could kill Sashia with the Dart.
After throwing the Dart, i clicked on the DVD in the inventory and Mr. Blacks says somthing. This sentence seems to be the trigger to start the cutscene.
So i happily had the possibility to see what happens to
Click to reveal..
Sashia.

chocobunny chocobunny chocobunny
Rushes, it seems to me, that we have the same problem, too.
I believe it has to do with the sound, especially the sentences our charakter says. Sometimes he says nothing, even he is supposed to, and somtimes he says it later, after i click at another object. Do you made the same experience? think

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 05:41 PM

Yes, exactly the same, seagul. My sound was really buggy, with some dialogues being said waaay too late, when my character had already moved from one area into another. At least we managed to finish it!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 06:23 PM

I have absolutely NO idea what to do with the snake head circle. I have read the book in Sashia's chambers and still don't know how much oil to give each snake. I know you can't give them more thn 5 each or their eyes dim again. Can someone clue me in please?

Thank you,

Doreen

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 06:26 PM

You need to place something from your inventory onto the right-hand page of the book, Doreen. That will then reveal to you the info you need. luck

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 06:39 PM

Thanks Rushes and traveler, I did indeed miss it. That's because it was blatantly obvious. I also spent 45 minutes looking for the password for the computer (ARGHH!!!) My wife claims that it is unseemly for a 65 year old man to play a computer game and just stop every once in a while to bash his head on his desk. Isn't it normal? Don't we all do that? I'm off to the graveyard.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 06:46 PM

lol I'm more likely to start growling like the trapped dog in the upstairs hotel room.

Glad you're on your way again! Good luck in the graveyard.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 08:17 PM

My wife claims that it is unseemly for a 65 year old man to play a computer game and just stop every once in a while to bash his head on his desk. Isn't it normal? Don't we all do that?

Yes !! rotfl

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 08:23 PM

I tell my husband I suffer from Gaming Tourettes Syndrome. grin
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 08:33 PM

Dorish-the snake venom reveals as well as cures....sorry rushes, just saw your post wink
Posted By: jmdsmd1

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 09:09 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm stuck.I made it to the graveyard ,spoke to the man in the house but cannot find the crowbar. I thought I'd figured out the puzzle with the lights(the one you need the booklet and disc for)but I must be doing something wrong.I haven't gone to the Blue Iguana-I get into the car parked in the courtyard, the car seems like it's about to go somewhere and then just goes back to the original screenshot of being parked there. I'd appreciate any tips on what I am missing because I just can't proceed at this point.
Thanks all!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 09:23 PM

Hi jmd,

Do you have the matchbook?

Check the crypt just inside the graveyard to the left, as you go in through the gate.

You need to work out directions for the Blue Iguana. Internet access on your netbook will be useful here.

Shout if you need a bigger nudge. luck

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 09:51 PM

Hi Rushes,
Thanks for answering so quickly.Yes, I have the matches and attempted the puzzle but can't seem to get it right. I did access the wireless connection at the tattoo parlor and saw the map. Am I supposed to do something else with it?
Everyone is talking about a crowbar but I didn't find it yet. I found the puzzle in the tower basement but I don't think I can do anything with it yet.
Thanks!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/04/11 10:00 PM

Did you right-click on the matches and examine the address of the Blue Iguana? Then when you use the map-finder feature on your notebook, you'll see the address come up and the directions how to get there. Then you should be able to use the car in the courtyard. Did you call the number on the matchbook also?

That crypt inside the graveyard is too dark to enter without light. Use the matches. The crowbar is inside there.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 12:40 AM

Hiya, Rushes,

I think my brain is fried. Or old and fried. Or just damaged from banging my head on the monitor. (No room on the desk, it's too cluttered.) I can't get anywhere with the generator puzzle so if you have a save directly after that I'd appreciate it if you'd send it to me.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 01:00 AM

You have to wait, Gil. It's the wee hours of the morning there.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 01:10 AM

AT&T has gotten me used to waiting, MaG. <g> They knocked me off my DSL 14 times last night. I counted.

We-ell, in the meantime, I guess I can have another go at my attempt to set it up on paper. Maybe if I do it exactly right with no dithering around in-game, I'll get it.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 01:53 AM

Gil, I will send you my saves.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 01:56 AM

I understand. I have AT&T when I go south also.
luck on your attempt.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 02:04 AM

Wow! Thank you, Ana!

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 02:11 AM

Soory, still stuck.No,I only made an initial cal while in the hotel room at the beginning of the game. Where do I make the second call? I did all that with the laptop but the car still won't go anywhere.And I still haven't figured out the puzzzle in the graveyard where the crowbar supposedly is. I guess I need some specific information at this point. I appreciate all your time and help.
Thanks!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 02:25 AM

Did you put gas in the car?

The crowbar is in one of the crypts in the cemetery. You have to solve the gear puzzle to open it. (It's not in the crypt with the puzzle.)

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 03:37 AM

Thanks Traveler, that was it!I hadn't put gas in the car. How dumb is that?!
If you have a solution to the puzzle that opens the crypt, I'd sure appreciate it.I did look on the dvd but I must be doing the numbers incorrectly.
Thanks!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: jmdsmd1
If you have a solution to the puzzle that opens the crypt, I'd sure appreciate it.I did look on the dvd but I must be doing the numbers incorrectly.
Thanks!

It's not hard once it sinks in that the letter/number in the middle is a constant because you have no way of changing it. So find the image in the booklet that corresponds to the one at the bottom right of the puzzle. Put your disk on top of the image/symbol in the booklet which has numbers all around it and line up the letter you see in the middle of the game puzzle against the number that shows beside it.

Say the middle of the puzzle says 4X. Line the X up with the four on the dial around the symbol. Then see what numbers are beside the other letters and turn the wheels to enter them. When the light comes on, you'll go to another symbol. Just repeat that procedure. Third time's the charm.

At least, if that was clear. I'm not too sure. <g>

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 05:00 AM

Thanks Gil!.I was doing it incorrectly and I couldn't understand why that middle one wouldn't change.Thanks sooooo much!Now I'll be able to sleep. smile

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 05:03 AM

Yaay! But...you're going to sleep? What about that crowbar? <G>

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 05:41 AM

No, no, not yet. I meant that I would be ABLE to sleep after making some progress.Otherwise the frustration of not being able to figure out why the car wouldn't work and the puzzle WOULD have kept me up.

Did find the crowbar by the way. Thanks again.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 11:44 AM

Thanks, Gil!

Glad you're making progress now, jmd.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 10:05 PM

Well, I'm not making progress, darn it. I got Ana's saves (and thank you very much, Ana!) but I can't just slip the right one (renumbered) into my game because, I think, her savenames.dat doesn't match up with mine. So, phooey, back to the paper.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 10:10 PM

Gil, you can't slip a save in, you have to do the whole set.

If you want you can send me your whole set of saves and everything else in the game folder and I'll do it for you and send it back.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/05/11 10:35 PM

I've always wondered about that. If I may ask...

Why does a whole set of saves have to be inserted, rather than renumbering one save so it doesn't overwrite an existing save?

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/06/11 12:15 AM

You name them in your games, the saves are just 1-2-3 etc, it doesn't recognize it. It also needs the other files that are in there also.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/06/11 12:40 AM

I'm afraid I still don't understand, Ana. I've dl'd saved games from places like Save Game Server, inserted the saved game at the point of stuckedness and it's always worked as I played on from there.

Possibly those games weren't named, just numbered. Is that it?

At any rate, I won't put you to the trouble of playing out the generator puzzle with my saves, though I thank you very much for the offer. I'll just go on with those you sent because whichever I use, yours or mine with the generator puzzle done, I won't be able to save the generator puzzle for a future replay since I very likely wouldn't do things in the same sequence and name things the same way.

Thanks again, though, I appreciate your help.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/06/11 12:48 AM

If you send me your saves, I can do the puzzle and send it back and you will then be at the exact point you want to be at without missing anything. I am not sure where the saves are at that I sent you because I have inserted so many different saves in my game, I am clueless. It's your choice.

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 12:44 AM

I've hit another road block. I am in the graveyard/house. I've done the letter-number-DVD pzzle; I've found the lab (But can't do anything yet): I've given the guy in the celler the proper device: and I found the safe and its combination. I need the venom antidote to get in the safe and continue, but I can't find it. I have visited evry site at least twice but can't figure out how to open the safe, get the snake-gaurded book from the crypt, or do anything with the vials. Please help before I turn to some vile shooter game.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 01:15 AM

Don't shoot!! <g>

You need to have read the note on the wall in the empty cell to figure out how to open the safe in the study but you don't need anti-venom for it, so I'm not sure if you're talking about that safe.

You need a snake egg to get the book. Have you got one? If not, take another look around the crypt with the stone coffin you've opened.

Gil.

Posted By: FJT

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 02:20 AM

Am completely stuck at the point where I've killed off Sashia, got the amulet, and read the poem and got the code by using the anti-venom. Have checked out all rooms and cannot find any hot spots. I know I need to find Wendy, but where do I go exactly now . I also know that I have to use the bowl of oil but don't know where. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 03:13 AM

traveler; That is the safe. I've found it but when I attempt to open it I get woozy and say "The venom is affecting me" (Or something like that) I think I know where the snake egg is will have to go back and figure out how to pick it up. At least I'll wait a day to set up the old ATARI. I swear sometimes that "Space Invaders" sounds relaxing.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 03:31 AM

TheHaze,

Let that ATARI rust. You just missed something, betcha.

I'm thinking you got to the cemetery the usual way, after being bitten by a snake, right? But you didn't do the Raven's Hunt game? If not, go back down in the cellar, up to the hallway and find the chest that's locked by the game and play it. Your anti-venom is in there.

The snake egg is easy to get. You just disturb mama inside her hideaway.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 03:37 AM

Ah ha! That's what I missd. I didn't yet complete (Or even find) the dreaded and feared Raven's Hunt game. Thank you. I'm off to find it.

I have returned with my final question. Where is this 'chest' comtaining the ravens hunt game? I have been through the old house carefully. There's a basement; a hallway with a lamp and a creepy picture; the foyer; the dining room and the study. I can't even find the chest which comtains the game. Am I in the wrong building or even section of the game? Perhaps there's a trigger I'm missing? At any rate, The walkthrough will no doubt be completed soon, so perhaps I'll wait 'til then. And now to bed sleep; perchance to dream.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 04:40 AM

It's not in the house, TheHaze, it's in the warehouse. I forgot there's more than one set of cellars and halls!

When you first go in the door to Darj's place, go up-screen instead of right to where he's waiting. The chest is in there.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 05:30 AM

Hi,
The chest is in a corridor when you exit from speaking to Darj(remember you accessed that location from the warehouse after you did the necklace puzzle).
Posted By: FJT

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 05:39 AM

I finally figured it out!!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 05:55 AM

Hi again Ana,
I'm re-playing the game. I'm in the "water pit" right now. I have "beaten" the memory game. All the lights are flashing green, the "eye" is exposed, but I cannot remove it. Once I activate the CRANK again, the door over the puzzle slides up again and is no longer available. I fill the bowl with oil, but I MUST have that "eye" in order to use it on the serpent statue in order to open the door in order to progress. The first time I played the game, I was able to "pluck out" that "eye" from the solved Memory puzzle without any problem. Could there be a "glitch" here? I'm so sure that I've done everything "right" up to this point. I would appreciate your help once more. Thanks.
Sandy

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 01:41 PM

SAndy, it sounds like it could be a glitch. Did you try loading an earlier save, or exiting the game and using the auto save?

Ana wave

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 03:13 PM

@Sandy - If memory serves me correct LOL! - You cannot take the "eye" from the center of the memory puzzle - I think you need to get the "eye" from somewhere else.

Click to reveal..
The eye to place into statue is in Sashia's Necklace.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 05:50 PM

praise Finally!! I found the item I needed to get the book; found and solved the ravin / snake game; got the mine cars running and the vials are all set. Am in the mine now and shall proceed. Thanks to all who helped me, but how did you sneak in to my computer and put those items in after I looked in those spots? Surely I couldn't have missed them? (He sighs with chagrin!)

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 05:55 PM

Billy, you are a lifesaver. I had completely forgotten about that. I have now finished Serpent Moon for the second time. I thank YOU Bill, ANA, and all of our fellow Boomers who have contributed so much to our community. HAPPY GAMING, EVERYBODY.
Sandy
Posted By: DeadGirl

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 09:43 PM

Hi, I'm in the study trying to find the safe. I've found the "second from the right" clue and the statue, and I thought I found the "tiny button" but I can't click on it. Can someone please tell me where the button is? Thanks

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 10:27 PM

The button is one of the decorative knobs on the shelf below the safe, DeadGirl.

Gil.
Posted By: DeadGirl

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 10:34 PM

Thank you so much!

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 10:35 PM

No problem! And welcome!

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/07/11 11:53 PM

welcome DeadGirl!

thanks traveler.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/08/11 03:26 AM

smile I finished this tonight and, after this post, will go back immediately and play it again. What an entertaining game. My thanks to the several of you helped me through it. I do, however, have two questions. I know the developer reads these pages and so he may respond too.

First; why didn't Billy pick up and take the ring? Why leave it there?

Second; what was the clue for the colored marbles puzzle near the end? I figured it out with the old "By guess and by gosh" approach, and had to play it five times (That isn't intended as a complaint) but I had no reason to know what I was attempting to accomplish. Where was the clue?

Thanks again for the help, and thanks to Billy for a creepily wonderful week of gaming.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/08/11 03:46 AM

"First; why didn't Billy pick up and take the ring? Why leave it there?"

I wondered where he got the ring. And I was a little confused about Sashia's age. But what the heck.

"Second; what was the clue for the colored marbles puzzle near the end?"

Are you talking about the 'marbles' on the table? The clue came from the 3 heads when you put your hand in the slot. Once you drew back, you saw a projection on the wall behind them with the colors placed. I kept thinking the top two were at an angle to one another since that's what it looked like to me but the puzzle was solved only when I lined them up vertically.

You know, I had a sneaky feeling it would end like that. <g> Anyway, I'm going to play it again, too, TheHaze, and this time (since the frustration of not being able to go on with the game won't be there) try to work out my problem with the pipe puzzle.

I really am a ditz sometimes. I forgot to mention that this is one of the very best games I've played this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gil.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/08/11 02:55 PM

Nice to hear people are enjoying the game. Thank you.

Originally I was going to do something with the ring where the player had to sell it to the pawnshop owner in order to get one of the necessary items - but for gameplay reasons I decided against it - Also didnt want the player to carry it around if it could not be used.

I may put an additional hint in for the projected colors on the wall.

Re: Stuck in Serpent Moon - 06/08/11 08:24 PM

thumbsup Billy.

I'm going to close this thread now, as it's a whopping 21 pages long.

If anyone has any further questions, please post them to a new game thread. thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community