GB HOMEPAGE

URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni

Posted By: Roy

URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/02/11 08:42 PM

I am hoping someone out there can help me, I don't know whether I have done something wrong, but when following Graham's WT I need to find the Spy rooms, to avoid any problems I decided to go via the Teledahn arrival hut, but when I get to the slave caves I can't open the gates.
I have tried all different combinations to the pressure pads but no luck.
Can someone please help me
Posted By: Becky

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/02/11 09:01 PM

There's a To D'ni walkthrough here. I hope this helps!

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 07:20 AM

Thanks Becky. The problem is that sometimes using a different WT the way through is altered, if this is the case with this one is there any way, that you know, to be able to start the game again without re-starting URU Ages beyond Myst.
Thanks.

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 10:58 AM

Roy -- I don't believe there is any way to start the game again without restarting from scratch. I was hoping that the different walkthrough would help you with the one place you were stuck.

Here's another idea -- there's another forum where Myst experts hang out together -- Myst Online. If you post in the Hints forum (let them know that you played Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, then that you're playing the To D'ni expansion pack, not the multi-player version when you post), someone there may be able to help even further.

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 02:43 PM

Thanks Becky. I will try the other forum and hopefully be able to re-start from the beginning of the expansion pack. If not then it means starting all over again.
The WT you sent me gave the numbers of the pressure pads I needed to press, but that didn't work. Thanks anyway.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 02:47 PM

Thanks, Becky!

luck Roy, I hope you find the answer you need on the Myst forum.

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 10:06 PM

Becky. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't connect to Myst Online

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 10:49 PM

I just tried it and it took almost a minute to load. Strange.

Here's a link directly to the Hints forum -- maybe that will load faster.
Posted By: Geo

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/03/11 11:48 PM

i could be wrong but I think all you have to play over is the beginning Desert age so you can get to your Relto(Safe Haven). Here you will find new books for the new ages in the expansion packs.

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/04/11 08:54 PM

Geo. Thanks for the information, I tried to do what you suggested but ended up stuck in the Cleft and had to manually return to Relto. I then went through the game to see if anything had changed, but I was just following what I had done before.
Thanks again, I just wish it had worked, it seems now that the only option is to re-run Ages beyond Myst, unless there is anyone else out there that can help me out.

URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/10/11 08:47 PM

This is not actually a new topic but more a contiuation of a previous one.
I have re-started Ages beyond Myst and completed that and am now trying to go through expansion pack 1 (To D'ni) again.
I have gone to the Barons office, read his diary and gone back to Teledahn eventually arriving at the prison room, but the inner cell doors are closed and the outer one open. How can I get through the inner cell doors to close the outer door?. I've tried different combinations of pressure pads.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/10/11 09:58 PM

The answer is simple: using the linking clothes (the hands/shells or whatever they were...) of course!
Make sure you touch a cloth that's beyond the prison, try to arrange for the inner cell doors to be opened (if by inner you mean the ones that are closer to the buttons on the ground), and link to that cloth from the outside :-)

Hope this helped!

p.s. If you're playing online, let me know, we can do this together!

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/10/11 10:34 PM

Thanks, Tomer.

I merged your two threads, Roy. luck
Posted By: dadguy

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/11/11 03:49 AM

Yes, Roy, there is no need to restart the game. If you understand the Prison gates, you have all of the clues to get through them again.

Although it may be fun to start again, there is absolutely no need to restart. I can get through those gates regardless of what changes have happened. And I can advise you how if you'd like my help.

Dadguy :-)
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/11/11 08:45 AM

I knew dadguy would come to the rescue!

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/11/11 01:14 PM

Thanks, Dadguy. thumbsup

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/12/11 09:04 PM

Thanks to all of you who offered help with To D'ni, I have now managed to get past the part I was stuck on.
If I can I would like to ask what may sound as a silly question, but where are the save points in To D'Ni.
Posted By: dadguy

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/12/11 11:37 PM

Heheh... not silly at all, Roy.

URU is unique in how it saves progess. As you know, when quitting, there is no "save game" process.... it merely shuts down.

It saves progress only in:

1. What Cloths in what ages you've touched
2. What Markers you've found (this is important in "To D'ni") and what level of marker success you've attained (i.e., have you gotten enough markers and registered them to open the back doors in the Great Zero - and the access link for the Great Zero itself)
3. What Nexus stations have you registered (to add a new link in the Nexus list).
4. What City links have you touched (saves a page in the City Book for easy return - like the City balconies or the Spy Room)
5. What other links have you touched (like the Hood balconies, the Kadish Pyramid roof, the Teledahn mushroom, the alternate Vault in Kadish, etc.)
6. What Age books have you touched - adds books for new ages like Ahnonay on the bookshelf.

All of these progress points are saved as you progress, so although you start in Relto or the Cleft, the progress is remembered in the save files.

Cheers,

Dadguy
Posted By: MaG

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/12/11 11:49 PM

Thanks and wave dadguy. You are very much appreciated.

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/14/11 08:06 PM

Can I give my heartfelt thanks to all of you out there that have helped me through this, hopefully now I will be able to complete the game without too many problems.
I know that if I do get stuck on any game then there is always someone on the end of my keyboard who can help.
Once again, THANKS
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/16/11 09:22 AM

You got that right Roy! GB is the greatest site! thumbsup wave

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/17/11 09:05 PM

Gerry. I have to agree with you when you say that GB is the greatest site, I do not know what I would have done without all you out there who helped me through this very absorbing and puzzling game. I haven't named those that have helped me, but you know who you are and to you I say a very big THANKYOU.
I have not got a copy of Path of the Shell yet, but am looking forward to playing it, sometime.
I know I only need to ask for help and it is forthcoming, so until I need you again, I will say CHEERS
ROY
Posted By: MaG

Re: URU Ages Beyond Myst expansion pack 1 To D'ni - 08/18/11 02:06 AM

Thanks, Roy.

Happy gaming!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community