GB HOMEPAGE

The Book of Unwritten Tales

Posted By: pnormand

The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/03/11 11:52 PM

Hi Mag,

Sorry to contact you this way but there a problem while creating potion especially step 4!

Now how immediately must we put bone worm into?
I know potion has to be blue but each time I put bone worm it explode!

Must put bone worm when potion turn completely blue or just about to?

Regards
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/04/11 12:09 AM

The walkthrough states:

When the potion turns blue for the third time, immediately add the bone worms (top right pink).

So count off when the potion turns blue (the potions turns blue 3 times) as stated by the recipe.

When I did this myself on replay to write the wt (Carla did it for me for the first run through) I believe I added it as soon as I saw it turn blue for the third time.

I exploded so MANY times in steps 3, 4 and 5. I was screeching already.
Posted By: pnormand

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/04/11 01:37 AM

Ya that it Mag, Thanks a million!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/04/11 01:26 PM

You're welcome. Enjoy this fun game.
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: MaG

Ah, yes? And how did you keep your sanity doing the rain dance? I seriously need to know before they come after me with a butterfly net. Aaaack!

I've got news. This is going down in history as the equivalent of that old goat puzzle in BS1. My history, anyway.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 03:19 AM

I look at the bottom area only. This way I see what is coming without those above it.

Looking up and anticipating those coming down adds to my being careless and pressing the arrows before they are in the brackets.

I use 2 hands on the arrows. Each hand has fingers on 2 arrows. Just like typing, I try to remember which finger presses it.
The puzzle is forgiving after a while. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 04:37 PM

Well, I guess you could say it's forgiving...sorta. grin Four fingers does help, though. Thanks, MaG!
Posted By: GIOVANNA LARIOU

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 06:43 PM

I really I'm trying to solve the puzzle of the Wupperman and his wheel of fortune with no result. Can I have a saved game after this torture or I have to try and try for ever.

Thank you

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 06:55 PM

Giovanna,

Have you asked Wupperman about your future? Ask him about the colors.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 07:32 PM

Thanks Gil.

Have you exchanged his crystal ball with the one you got from the mage school?
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG

I must admit blush that it is somewhat gratifying to know that even Mag (!) has to attempt something multiple times to finally achieve a goal. lol That makes me feel better, as I always imagined Mag breezing through a game, getting everything right the very first time, without any problems whatsoever. I must have blown poor Wilbur up a dozen times before I finally got the potion brewed!

Quote:
Ah, yes? And how did you keep your sanity doing the rain dance? I seriously need to know before they come after me with a butterfly net. Aaaack!

Rain dance? More devious puzzles that take some serious effort and speed to accomplish?! eek Oh dear, not looking forward to that, from the sound of it! I'm not that far into the game, but I have to admit that I am thoroughly enjoying this game so far! smile

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 08:21 PM

You don't really need speed, LadyCav, but you do need coordination, something in which I am obviously deficient. <g> Got past it though and I really love this game. (Have I already said that?) It's beautifully done; I've only run into one mini-game sorta thing (urk, the rain dance) which tickles me no end because I love inventory puzzles; it's laugh-out-loud funny sometimes and, well, just charming. Now there's a word I've never applied to a game before.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 10:21 PM

Thanks, Gil. I'm sure when I get to that point, I'll have plenty of opportunities to practice my own less than adequate coordination skills. smirk And I agree that it is a funny and charming game - I've had plenty of laugh out loud moments myself.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 11:53 PM

lol LadyVav.

Thanks, Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/07/11 11:56 PM

I have done all you have mentioned above, he tells me about my future and I'm able to get the first and the second color but with the third one nada, help mad

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 12:06 AM

Truthfully, I guess the third one, Giovanna. It came down to a choice between two colors after I'd learned what the first two were, so I picked one of the two. The second time, I guessed right. Maybe if I'd been better at asking questions I wouldn't have had to guess. <g>

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 12:22 AM

@traveler

I really try to understand you but I cannot, can you expain it to me in simple words,

Thank you blush

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 12:57 AM

Giovanna,

The saved game is sent.

But if you want to do it your self -
- You only have 5 questions to ask.
- use the first 4 to determine the first 2 colors of the wheel spinning.
- you only have one question left.
- you use that one question for the third spin to determine:
Is it color 1 or color 2?
If yes from above: Then it is either color one or color 2.
If no from above: then the color will be one of the 2 that you didn't ask.

So you have a 50-50 chance of getting the correct answer.
- Now I found that more often than not - the third color is one of the 2 that is closest to the choice I did on the second spin that is seen on the wheel. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 04:47 PM

@MaG

Thank you so much, you are an angel blush

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 06:47 PM

@MaG

The saved game just it did not works, I have renamed to be the last of my list, but I could not find it, anyway I did it by myself, but now I have serious problem in order to make the portion works whatever I do, in the end I explode, how nice, any help? crazy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 07:23 PM

Do you always explode in the same place, Giovanna? You have to do 'exactly' what Wilbur says.

If you explode when you are stirring the potion clockwise 4 times, anti-clockwise 2 times, then clockwise 3 times, be sure your cursor is in the same place when you start a stir and when you end a stir. If you start a stir at the top, end it at the top. At least, that's what I had to do to stop exploding.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 08:23 PM

Thanks, Gil.

The saved game should work. Maybe a mistake in extension?

See if you can replace one of your old one with the one sent and it will work. But you have finished that puzzle already - I see.

As for the potion - as Gil stated - follow the instructions at top right.
The walkthrough has some descriptions also. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 11:07 PM

@traveler @MaG

Well I will try it again and If will explode another time then? Does the puzzle solves itself after a while or not crazy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/08/11 11:29 PM

It doesn't solve itself but either it becomes forgiving or I got used to it. lol

Which step are you exploding on?

Follow the directions stated at top right of screen. The ingredients are labeled when the cursor is over it.

Step 1: Put ghost mushrooms (top left) into the pot and stir until the water turn green. Stop stirring.

Step 2: Add mouldy slime extract (bottom green) and stir anti-clockwise until the potion turns pink.

The potion goes from green to black to yellow to pink.

Step 3: Add the red devil's armpit (middle left red) and wait until little red bubbles appear. Then stir clockwise as quickly as possible.

Stir rapidly in clockwise direction several times until the next step.

Step 4: Sprinkle the stag beetle antler powder (black bottom right) into the potion. When the potion turns blue for the third time, immediately add the bone worms (top right pink).

Step 5: Then add the asthmatic transfat maggots. Stir the potion (normally) clockwise 4 times (change to white), anti-clockwise 2 times (color change yellowish) and then clockwise 3 times.

Step 6: Finish it off with the peppermint leaves for that fresh minty flavour. Add a few leaves and stir until the potion turns a golden yellow colour.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/09/11 05:38 PM

@MaG

Please send me a saved game after this trial and I hope this time I will renumber it correctly.

Thank you blush

I did it at last and now I'm a magician or close to it. laugh

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/09/11 05:53 PM

yay bravo That's wonderful!

Glad you made it - now magic us happy.
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/12/11 01:12 AM

MaG I guess I need a save for the brew potion also I keep exploding to. Thanks
Richard

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/12/11 01:42 AM

See if the one I sent is the correct one. luck
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/12/11 02:05 AM

Worked perfect MaG. Thanks
Richard

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/12/11 03:23 AM

Great! Enjoy!
Posted By: monbron

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/14/11 07:22 PM

I really hate to admit defeat, but that Rain Dance sure is a difficult one, I have been trying for 2 days now (about 4 hours) - I hope my partner doesn't read this and realise how much time I have wasted when I try to convince him how busy I am..........May I humbly beg for a save game after the rain dance before I go truly mad!!?? insane

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/14/11 07:38 PM

The saved game is sent, Monbron. We won't tell what you have been doing! Mums the word.

Have fun.

--------------

Mon,

Your mail server rejected my mail as spam.
I will send it through my other mail address.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/14/11 08:40 PM

There must be a funny reply to you being rejected as Spam but I can't think of one right now - Thank you so much urock

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 01:42 AM

Have received the saved game already?

I got another notice that the second mail was rejected.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 02:24 PM

I'm not sure why you can't send it as I receive up to 30 e mails a day, I have not received any e mail from you?? Can't think what the problem could be. think
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 02:58 PM

Maybe if you try adding MaG's e-mail address to your contacts/safe senders list, that'll solve the problem. Or do you have an alternative e-mail addy? smile

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 03:04 PM

I sent it from 4 mail addresses of mine. Hope one of them will be allowed by your mail server.
--------------------

I'm sorry - but all 4 mails were rejected.

I will send it to Rushes and see if she can mail it for me to you.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 03:24 PM

Rejected from mine, too. frown

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 03:37 PM

Well that is really weird, it makes me wonder what other e mails I am not getting but should be.

I use Outlook and I have added both of you to the address book, I don't know what else to do with that, I can't seem to add you to safe sender unless I have an e mail from you - catch 22. I use Panda Virus guard etc., and have checked that and no one is barred. It wasn't that long ago that Rushes sent me a save game and I received it fine. Any one any ideas??

Went into Outlook again and found Junk mail options and added gameboomers to safe senders perhaps you would try again and see if that has worked. - THANKYOU thanks

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 03:54 PM

I've just re-sent it from my GB addy, Mon. luck

Edit: Rejected again as spam, sorry. frown

Edit2: I've just checked your old postings -- the last save game we (MaG) sent to you was back in August. Have you changed your e-mail address since then?

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 04:44 PM

Nope nothing has changed, I checked my profile and the e mail address is correct, I'm not sure what 'rejected as spam' means 'cos I get loads of spam and have never experienced having an e mail I sent rejected as spam. Have you tried from your other e mail address which you have used to me in the past? failing that I could speak to one of my friends and let you have their e mail address by private message and you could send it them and they could send it to me, failing that I guess we could post on glitches, as to where the problem is, is my my isp or outlook or my virus guard?

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 05:02 PM

I tried it twice -- once from my private addy, the other from my GB one.

Whatever way we can get the save to you -- great. Yes, you could post at Glitches also. You might just need to tweak your current settings slightly to allow file attachments.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 06:42 PM

Okay, like "monbron", I am admitting defeat! That flippin' rain dance is far too quick for me! headscratch

Might I respectfully ask for a SaveGame after the rain dance?? Pretty please?? pacify

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 06:54 PM

I sent you one - hope it gets there.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:05 PM

Right don't like to be beaten so I have posted on glitches, fired off an e mail to a techie friend and also posted a question with my ISP. Lets hope we get to resolve this and also learn from it (me that is)

Monica

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:07 PM

Thank you so much, MaG! smile

I received the file and it is now listed below my 12 save games in the savegame folder in my documents.
But how do I get the game to open your savegame29? The game always opens up to my last autosave.
I tried renaming the file "_autosave.ksg", but it wouldn't allow that.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:13 PM

If you have 12 saved games file (last one labeled savegame12.ksg) - then you should renumber the one I sent to be savegame13.ksg.

Then place it with the rest in the savegames folder in My Documents.

As to open it - click on "load game" and then scroll to select which saved game you want to play. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:23 PM

Thanks, MaG, that sounds so simple. But...

I can see the list of savegames in the my documents folder:
savegame1
savegame2
savegame3
...etc.
savegame13 (your sent save)

But when I click on Load Game, the page in the book reads what I saved them as:
beforedance
OgreCave
new game
crypt
IvoTemple
...etc.

SaveGame 13 doesn't have a "name" and is not on the scrollable list.
Opening Auto Save only opens the "beforedance" game save.

??????

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:31 PM

I believe that it is labeled (26 or 27)Lightning dance.

Be sure that you have not removed the extension.

Also scroll to start of the list - they might be arranged by dates.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:42 PM

Yes, I understand that much. (Your save was 29).

But although it is copied to the save game folders, it does not show up on the list in the book at the beginning of the game where you click on "Load Game".

I even moved all but 2 or 3 of my game saves to a temporary folder on my desktop, because the book pages with the load game and save game commands only allow 8 names to be shown.

Then I tried to start the game again and only those 2 or 3 games (along with new game and autosave) are shown on the list in the load game command.

Should the game save showing the name you gave it, such as Lightning Dance be showing up in the list of games to load? I'm not seeing what I've done wrong?

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:48 PM

The load and saved game pages allows more that 35 (my own saves).

So you are not scrolling to the next page yet.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 07:54 PM

I never saw an option to scroll to the next page of saves. My "book page" at the beginning of the game only shows a list of 8 game save titles. duh

But I deleted the save game you sent and started over from scratch. Instead of dragging the file from my email attachment into the save game folders, I chose the "Save As..." command, and saved the file that way instead.

This time it showed up on the list and I was able to open the game after the dance was completed and then save the game again! yay

Thank you very kindly, MaG! I appreciate it! urock

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 08:43 PM

LadyCav,

Right down at the bottom of the page where it says Load Game and over to the left there are two marks that look kinda like birds in flight. Something like this > if you turn it. That's where you click to move up or down in your saved games to load one. It sorta threw me because I didn't even notice them at first. smile

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 09:01 PM

Oh, great ... you mean those two squiggly lines at the bottom??? And I was actually supposed to be able to recognize those as scrolling arrows??! rolleyes

Blame it on older eyes. whistle
(goes off to find soft cloth and glasses cleaning solution)

Thanks, Gil! lol

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/15/11 09:11 PM

Yeah, exactly how I felt, LadyCav! Lol! I thought they were just decorations!

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 03:40 PM

Hi MaGs and Rushes, I have posted the question on Glitches and Jenny 100 has recommended Sendspace.com, I have no idea how it works but apparently you don't even need an account. My greatful thanks to Traveler who somehow (I can't work out how) managed to send me a save a little way after the raindance, hopwever I am not letting the subject drop I am now attacking my ISP to find out what the problem is. taz (well it looks a bit like dancing!!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 03:59 PM

monbron,

I didn't do anything special, I just stuck the attachment in an email and sent it. Somehow, your email program must be blocking MaG and Rushes. Go through your 'blocked senders' file and see if they're there.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 04:03 PM

I managed to successfully send an e-mail to Mon without an attachment to it, so it's some problem with file attachments from our side. think Very odd! Hope your ISP can solve the mystery, Mon.

Thanks, Gil! Appreciate the help with the save. Glad yours got through.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 05:08 PM

As I said in Glitches I am on to my ISP and I don't give up easily so I will keep on until I understand if its interesting I will let youknow. crazy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 05:49 PM

luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 09:43 PM

I finally had time to finish the game.
Over 20 hours of challenging fun!
Thanks again for the savegame, MaG!
A very good game, indeed! smile
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:13 PM

Hi
Could someone send me a save for after the dance part. I haven't received the game yet but am preparing for it. Thank you.

Cathy wave

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:15 PM

Hi Cathy, is this the lightning dance? The save's on the way.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:21 PM

Hi Rushes
No save as of yet. I suppose it is the lightening dance. Is there more than 1 dance sequence ?

EDIT... Hi Rushes
Could you send the save again. I never received an email from you.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:23 PM

I'm not sure, I haven't played the game, it's MaG's save. smile Hopefully it should be with you in a few minutes.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:31 PM

Hi Rushes I sent you an email. Could you reply to me that way with the save attached ?
Cathy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:35 PM

Just re-sent. The e-mail you sent to me was a different one to that given on your public profile. Hope this one reaches you.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:47 PM

I don't know what is going on. I never received that one either Rushes. They both come to the same place. It seems that since the site has been revamped that a few people are having trouble with the emails. I have no problems getting other email.

Cathy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:59 PM

Still no go Rushes. Could someone else try and send me the save I asked for ? MaG maybe. I think 20 minutes is enough time in cyberspace to receive and email.

Cathy wave

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 10:59 PM

It seems to be specific to this game. Let me try zipping the file and re-sending it that way. Give me a couple of minutes.

OK, it's re-sent. MaG is likely to check this thread soon. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 11:04 PM

Hi Rushes
I received that one. Thank you very much for helping me. I believe you are right about the ksg extention having problems getting through.

Cathy bravo

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 11:05 PM

Hooray! Zipping seems to do the trick, then. happydance

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/16/11 11:32 PM

Sorry I got back here too late to offer the one that MaG sent to me.
Hers was not zipped, by the way, and arrived in my email just fine.
Good Luck with the game, Cathy1. smile

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/17/11 11:29 AM

Just as a matter of interest (and boy am I interested) what is a ksg extension?

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/17/11 01:32 PM

"ksg" is the 3 letter extension on the save files for this game. Usually they're something like "sav" or "jpg", etc.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/17/11 06:09 PM

Is it true that I have to dance this rain dance. I'm trying for hours with no success, can I have a saved game after this horrible dance, please

Thank you grin

we finally did it my husband is the best rain dancer ever, thank you Baggelis happydance

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/17/11 07:14 PM

Great that you got through, Giovanna! thumbsup

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/17/11 07:15 PM

Hahahaha. He must be great at the ballroom too! bravo
Posted By: dianne

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/21/11 06:32 AM

oh lucky all of you who got a saved game for that annoying rain dance,i had to play it on my windows xp because, my windows 7 didnt like it for some reason i couldnt ask for a saved game as i do not have a internet connection on my xp windows but after a day or so i finally i did it. dianne slapforehead
Posted By: safc

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/24/11 02:44 PM

Hi Mag/Rushes

Can I please have a save for just after the potion part as I cant get passed the last bit, lost count of the explosions, also if possible a save for the rain dance in case I need it as it sounds really tough, judging by the number of posts about it, many thanks in advance

Cheers
SAFC

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/24/11 04:17 PM

The potion and lightning dance saved games are sent.
Good luck.
Posted By: safc

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/24/11 05:06 PM

Hi MaG

Many thanks for the saves, really enjoying this one, hope I can finish the game without anymore help

Cheers
SAFC
Posted By: birtgamer

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/27/11 08:15 PM

Hi everyone :-)
Can someone send me the saved game for just after the raindance too?
Emailed adventuregamers.com and aid they should think about starting a saved game depository, know I would be in it all the time, I HATE MINIGAMES!!!!!

ADVENTURES RULE!!!!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/27/11 08:31 PM

Hi birtgamer, welcome to GameBoomers.

The save's on the way.
Posted By: birtgamer

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/27/11 08:39 PM

Got it, thanks!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/27/11 08:43 PM

Great. Enjoy the rest of the game.
Posted By: Micronta

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/29/11 04:54 PM

Can I have a savegame after the dance? Please send to EDITED.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/29/11 06:07 PM

Micronta,

Saved game is sent. luck
Posted By: Micronta

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/29/11 08:03 PM

Thank you very much Mag. I had to replace the autosave file with yours and it worked.
Posted By: sanford

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/29/11 08:43 PM

Mag, again I'm asking for your help. Could you PLEASE send me saved games for BOTH the POTION and RAIN DANCE puzzles. If you DO, I PROMISE that I will try my HARDEST to beat those puzzles the 2nd time I play this game.
Sandy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/30/11 01:52 AM

lol Sandy,

Check for 2 e-mails speeding your way.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/01/11 09:41 PM

Got em, Mag. Thank you SO much. YOU are SO GREAT.
Sandy

OK. I just received BOUT from England. I installed it and it's running just fine (so far). I'm sure that I WILL be using Mag's two save games when I reach those parts, BUT, I promise to try and "beat" them on my own, FIRST. I'll keep in tough with you fellow Boomers as I plow along. Happy Gaming!
Sandy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/02/11 04:00 AM

Have fun with the game. I enjoyed this game very much.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/08/11 02:26 AM

OK, Mag. I'm trying to get through the POTION puzzle. I get SO close, and then---BOOM! I see it's all a matter of timing and coordination. HOWEVER, even though I received your savegame, I'm DETERMINED to do it by myself. I promised that to you when I "begged" for that savegame.
My next posting on here will be to let you know that I had done it by myself, so wish me luck.
Sandy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/08/11 02:54 AM

luck You can do it - patience and watch the colors. It took me forever and the first time Carla saved me so that I can write the wt. I did it myself afterwards - after I wrote the step by step and remembered it.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/08/11 03:21 AM

YAY, Mag and fellow Boomers. Right after my last posting, I went back to the game and DID IT on the first try. Now I'm going to "plow on" until the NEXT puzzling puzzle. LOL I'm sure it will be the RAIN DANCE puzzle. I'll let you know how I make out.(I'm going to try to do it without the SAVEGAME at first.)
Sandy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/08/11 03:31 AM

yay happydance You guys are really doing well on this game. rah rah
Posted By: sali

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/09/11 08:48 PM

I didn't receive the game yet from Interact but reading the comments about a difficult rain dance, I just want to know where in your wk, MaG, are you explaining how to play that dance? Maybe reading about it will help me past through it when the time comes. Thank you in advance. Sali

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/09/11 09:04 PM

Quote:
Dance dance revolution: Go to the dead tree in front of the cemetery where the antenna is located.

Click on the dance step paper given by the shaman.

Using your computer's keyboard's arrows; click the arrow keys similar to that scrolling in the game when the game arrows are inside the brackets.

Make as few mistakes as possible. The game is forgiving after several tries. Good luck.
Posted By: sali

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/11/11 09:53 PM

Sorry for the delay;I'd like to thank you and wish everybody a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.I know I'm a little bit early, but when you begin to sing Christmas carols a few times your in the mood early. Sali

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 12/12/11 01:29 AM

lol12 christmas to you too, Sali.
Posted By: mikeplay

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/25/12 03:13 PM

Hi I just started this game and have gotten to preparing the potion have been trying to do it for awhile but am unable to complete it. Could you send me a save. Mike

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/25/12 05:56 PM

Mike,

The saved game is sent. Have fun.
Posted By: mikeplay

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/26/12 02:37 AM

Mag, Thanks got the save and able to go forward now. Mike

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/26/12 03:03 AM

Have fun.
Posted By: JoAJ

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/27/12 08:02 AM

Oh dear, that darn raindance is awful! I do actually have a save but it isn't showing up when I click on the "load" button. Maybe I've installed it to the wrong folder, it's in MyDocs. under Bood of Unwritten Tales in the save folder there. Trouble is that when I click on load it just goes back to the original save before the raindance which was an Autosave.

Any ideas would be great so thanks in advance.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/27/12 12:59 PM

Hi Jo,

Did you renumber the save before placing it into the save folder?

Here's a step-by-step:

From the e-mail attachment, download the save to your desktop without opening it.

Then, renumber this file to be the last in your save folder. i.e. if your current last save is savegame14.ksg, then renumber this one to be savegame15.ksg.

Then move the renumbered file into your save folder along with all your other saves.

Exit the folder, start up the game as usual and load the new save. You’ll likely need to scroll all the way back to the beginning of your saves to find the renumbered one, as they might be in date order, and this is an older dated save.

luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/27/12 10:08 PM

Thanks Rushes, Unfortunately that didn't work - I know it should have though!! I'd tried that previously but what actually happens when I go into the "load" screen is that only 8 Saves appear along with the Autosave which I took out of the folder in My Docs and there are really 27 saves including the downloaded one. Also a save that I'd deleted is showing up, so what's there is just the Autosave, the save I deleted before the Dance and the rest say New Game! I just don't get it, very seldom use save games at all, not something I like to do. I was wondering if the save is somehow supposed to be in the Book of Unwritten Tales in the Programs files but I can't see anything there with a save game folder at all and the things that are in there aren't ksg files anyway (and all in German or something).

Looks like I'll just have to keep on trying to get the Dance right myself somehow or other.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/27/12 10:19 PM

JoAJ,

You say there are only 8 saves in the Load screen. Have you looked at the bottom left of the Load screen where there are two marks that look like floppy V's or stylized birds? If you click on those, they scroll up and down through the saved games. If you didn't know that.

Btw, your saved games should be in My Documents.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/28/12 04:07 AM

Thanks, Gil.

Good luck, JoAJ.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/28/12 06:12 AM

Thanks a lot for that Traveler, yes it was there when I scrolled down although it didn't seem to be in the right place - don't know how on earth I missed those little arrows at the bottom either - duh, most have been having a "senior moment"!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/28/12 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By: JoAJ
don't know how on earth I missed those little arrows at the bottom either - duh, most have been having a "senior moment"!

Then I had one, too! It definitely took me a while to realize those marks at the bottom left were there to be used; I thought they were decoration. lol

Gil.
Posted By: BigCat

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/30/12 10:28 PM

Hi everyone!

Could someone please send me a saved game after the rain dance? I absolutely love this game but I just can't do this. It's so frustrating!!

Thanks

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/30/12 10:59 PM

Sure. Check your email in a minute, BigCat.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/30/12 11:12 PM

Thank you so much Gil! What a relief...

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/31/12 01:04 AM

Thanks, Gil.

welcome BigCat. Enjoy the game.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/31/12 01:48 AM

Thanks MaG. For everything (other games, other walkthroughs wink. You're amazing.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/31/12 01:52 AM

She's also very close kin to Speedy Gonzales. I don't know how she does them so well or so Fast!

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/31/12 04:10 AM

BigCat, Glad to be of help. Thanks.

Gil - Thanks. blush
Posted By: Ktahdn

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/31/12 10:46 PM

Hi, folks.

A friend of mine in Guild Wars told me about The Book of Unwritten Tales. I looked at the trailer and promptly bought it. The first two chapters were great, but now I'm stuck in the town with poor Wilbur getting blown up by his potion-making attempts.

I'm ready to quit. My friend says it's worth going on. My fingers say "how can we do this any differently to keep from exploding?" I got as far as the penultimate step... once.

So, my mind asks for a savegame, please.
Thank you.

Edit: Thank you very much, MaG.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 01/31/12 11:28 PM

welcome Ktahdn.

The saved game is sent.
Posted By: Ktahdn

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/01/12 10:15 PM

Thank you, MaG. For the welcome, and for the savegame that meant I didn't have to tear out any more hair. smile

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/02/12 12:28 AM

Don't touch that hair - you might regret it later in life. lol Glad to be of help.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/03/12 12:33 AM

Just finished the game. I'm already sad... The best I have ever played. Simply beautiful and so smart.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/03/12 12:37 AM

I agree, BigCat. It's a fun memorable game.
Posted By: maichopper

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/03/12 02:28 PM

You got it!

Please send me to.
TX eki from Finland

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/03/12 02:52 PM

welcome maichopper,

Glad to see you post.
I sent the magic potion saved game to your e-mail on record. Hope that is up to date.
Posted By: reclusive

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/03/12 06:17 PM

Could I please get the saved game file to get past the raindance sent to my email addy on file. Thank you!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/03/12 06:25 PM

Hi reclusive, welcome to GameBoomers. The save game is on its way to you.
Posted By: TodyTao

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/07/12 09:34 PM

I have very strange bug. When Nate gets crupled note from hooded man in orc camp he is not able to read it so i cant play game with merchat, tried everything. If you have saved game after that i would be very gratefull. Thanks

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/07/12 10:44 PM

welcome TodyTao,

Try to go to another screen and then open your inventory and see if you can read it. luck

My saves are unlabeled - so I don't which one is where you need it.

I can send you a group and you can check which one is closest to where you are right now. Tell me if you want this.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 12:09 PM

As i said i tried everithing but no use. Even instaled patch and replayed half chapter to that point and again that happens... So i would be happy if u send me all that you have. Thanks

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 01:20 PM

I sent you my last 3 saved games. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 05:30 PM

No use, all saves are before spot where i am frown
I also tried replaying the oldest but same happens...
You dont have any more saves after those?

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 05:34 PM

No. Those are the last 3 saves I have.

Maybe someone else can help us here.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 05:37 PM

TodyTao,

I'm really hung up right now but if you can wait a couple of hours I'll install the game and see if I have a save you can use.

Okay, I've looked and as far as I can tell, I didn't play in quite the same order as MaG did and I don't really know which save will work. I don't believe I have any that are right after Nate using that crumpled paper. Your choice. I can send you a bunch and you can look through them.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 10:01 PM

Better something then nothing. Send me all you have. Thank you

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 10:22 PM

Okay, done. Good luck with it.

Gil.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/08/12 10:42 PM

Thanks, Gil.

luck TodyTao.
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/12/12 07:57 AM

Hi Rushes, I am not fast or very timely, I may
never get the dance!!!!
could you please send me a saved game?
thanks so much,
Marcia

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 02/12/12 02:24 PM

Hi Marcia, it's on the way.
Posted By: AnsQ

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 03/04/12 05:33 PM

Hey!
Can someone help me?
I´m stuck at temple. My game crashed when i tried to get Nate up and now that saved game is bugged so i cant use it anymore.. I started chapter 3 from the beginning and now im stuck.. i should turn the symbols and open the door to Wilbur. When I align the symbols on the wall and press the button nothing happens. I have tried so many times. Symbols are correct but game is bugged..mb cos crashed. And now im getting annoyed >:(

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 03/04/12 08:06 PM

welcome AnsQ

Have you clicked on or checked the clues that gave you the symbols for this puzzle first (before doing the puzzle)?

My saves are not labeled. If you want I can send you several and you can check how far away I am to Chapter 3.

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 03/04/12 08:23 PM

I did all things what can even imagine laugh I started chapter 3 more than 5 times from the beginning and nothing helps. I believe that it is just bugged frown

I´m soooo thankful if u can send me some, because i am very frustrated with this game right now and nothing helps smile

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 03/04/12 08:58 PM

I sent them to your windowslive mail. luck

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 03/04/12 10:20 PM

Thank u so much! Now i can continue playing! smile

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 03/05/12 12:29 AM

Have fun!
Posted By: Patch

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/02/13 05:47 PM

Hi All,

I'm in need of a save after the magic potion

TIA, Patch
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/02/13 05:49 PM

Hi Patch, I will send you a saved game after the magic potion - look for it in your email shortly. smile
Posted By: Patch

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/02/13 07:30 PM

Thank you Marian, all is good for now,
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales - 11/02/13 08:30 PM

Great! Enjoy the game. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community