GB HOMEPAGE

J.U.L.I.A

Posted By: glozza

J.U.L.I.A - 04/07/12 04:40 AM

Could anyone tell me how many save game slots there are ?
thanks
Glozza
Posted By: vic

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/07/12 08:18 AM

I finsihed this game and save a lot and did not experience any limit to the number of slots it could save to. An arrow appears so you can go to previous 'pages' of saves, I therefore think it likely unlimited.

If the autosave feature is used such as near the end of the game where the game has two endings possible, to allow you to try each, the autosave will be at the page one of saves, something to note if you cannot find it near your recent saves.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/07/12 12:11 PM

Thanks, vic.
Posted By: safc

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/07/12 04:39 PM

Hi Vic

Do you have a save just after the translation puzzle. I cant click fast enough to complete it
Much appreciated

SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/07/12 09:48 PM

Thank you so much Vic urock
glozza
Posted By: MaG

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 12:00 AM

SAFC,

The saved game is sent. luck

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 10:18 AM

Hi MaG

Many thanks for that, it was getting really frustrating, I can now enjoy the rest of the game

Cheers
SAFC
Posted By: vic

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 11:55 AM

Thanks MaG. Glad you got the save alright SAFC!

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 04:59 PM

Hi Guys

I have installed the save into my J.U.L.I.A.save folder but when I start the game the save does not show, it only shows my previous saves, I re-numbered it to match my saves but still nothing, any ideas

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 07:54 PM

There should be no duplicate numbers in that folder; so you should number it as the last.
Also - the saved games are arranged by date-time; so scorll through all the saved games to see which one it is. The best possibility is the very first in the load frames.

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 09:00 PM

Hi MaG

I only have 2 saved games before the save you sent me, could this be a glitch in the programne as when I open the save folder in the game my 2 saves are there also the next save box is Highlighted but there is nothing there

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/08/12 09:53 PM

Did you click that highlighted square?
Your saves should be there unless you deleted them.
You just added the renumbered file in the JULIA folder in My Documents?

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/10/12 03:46 PM

Hi MaG

Still no joy with the save, I removed it from my save folder, then reinstalled it(I copied and pasted it rather than cut and paste) but still only the original 2 saves showing and no highlighted square now

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/11/12 12:10 AM

Are the numbers of the saved games consecutive and no duplicates?
Are the extension of the file still intact - like save###.dsv
Maybe someone else has a saved game that would work for you.

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/11/12 03:20 PM

Hi MaG

Yes only 2 previous saves so I renamed the save you sent number 3 but still no joy,As you say, hopefully someone else will have a save I could try, many thanks for trying

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/16/12 05:53 AM

Hi MaG,
I would really like a saved game too after the translation puzzle as my reaction time is soooo slow as well.
thanks
Glozza
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/16/12 09:19 AM

safc, glozza: send me your savegames to jan[at]juliathegame.com
Since the game is not linear, other people saves could already contain parts you didn't play. So I would be more than happy to solve this for you.

However keep in mind, that time is NOT of an essence with this puzzle. The only penalty is when you clicjk on a wrong symbol. So if you simply wait for the simple (one to one eg.) cases, you can get through it in no time. smile

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/16/12 11:42 AM

Thanks, metamorphium!

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/16/12 10:53 PM

Hi metamorphium,
Thanks for your reply.
I have been following the walkthrough from MaG to the tee so I would say I have done everything I am supposed to do up to this point so I daresay a save after the puzzle would be okay.
As you might have guessed I am not computer savvy (really old duck )so I don't know how to send my saves but I will try to do what you suggested wait for the easy ones to come up lol.Once again thanks so much.
Glozza rotfl

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/17/12 07:42 AM

The saves are located in your profile directory. You will find a folder called Saved Games and inside is a folder Julia. You have to attach the one with the biggest number (the latest) to an email and send it to me. smile

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/18/12 06:09 PM

Hi Metamorphium

Many thanks for your offer, I found a video W/T wrote down the replies to the shapes but mine did not match, will try your suggestion, but will email you my save if that still okay

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/18/12 09:57 PM

SAFC,

If you want a saved game - I have one.
---

Just sent it to you now. luck

wave Jan and thanks

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/19/12 04:59 AM

Hello once again Metamophian,
I thought ai would give it one last go to do the language translation before sendind my saves & Voila I did it so I am on my way again yay
Once again thanks for your help
Glozza

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/19/12 11:55 AM

Great that you got through, Glozza!

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/19/12 05:45 PM

Hi Guys

Still cant get the save to work, used both saves sent, I can only access the saves folder via the users, then my name,saved games folder, then J.u.l.i.a. folder I have tried both saves but still the same result, only 2 saves show which are my saves, what am I doing wrong, this is very frustrating. Any help appreciated

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/19/12 09:45 PM

SAFC,

What OS are you using?
I do have my save folder in My Documents. See if there is one there that has other files.
Keep us posted.

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/20/12 04:37 PM

Hi MaG

I have windows 7 32 bit pro, I've check My Documents Folder and the only folder in there is for another game

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/24/12 08:52 PM

Please check if the file is saved with correct extension. Sometimes, when saving email attachment, the extension vanishes. The file should have a dsv extension.

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/25/12 04:29 PM

Hi Metamorphium

Excuse my ignorance but how do I do that, I cant open the attachment, and after downloading it just says save008.dsv

Cheers
SAFC

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/25/12 09:26 PM

Looks okay if the file is downloaded and is labeled save008.dsv.
If that is the file that you placed in the saved game folder.

I'm sure you have renumbered the saves correctly to be the last. Just in case - If you have only 2 there check the number and renumber the one sent to be the last.

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 04/29/12 04:04 PM

Hi Mag

I tried your suggestion in other thread of removing already saved games and pasted the save sent to me in but still no luck

Cheers
SAFC
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 05/04/12 08:20 PM

hello, i am playing J.U.L.I A. i am playing at the part where i am on Salia 4. and i am at the learning the language part. I would like a saved game for this.
thank you

kathy
I am trying to follow the walkthrough but that where it where it is to be doesn't come up

Re: J.U.L.I.A - 05/05/12 01:52 AM

Kathy,
The saved game is sent. Scroll through the saved game frames to check if it is loaded at start of the listing. luck

JULIA - 08/12/12 07:07 PM

Hi All

I am still trying to get passed the native translation, I just cant crack it, I can get about halfway along the top bar then loose I it all, even tried waiting for single lines matches but I still manage to mess it up. Jan Kavan and MaG kindly sent me a save for just after the translation, but I could not get them to work(just got a blank box in the saves) anyone else have a solution as I have just spent over a hour trying to crack it again but no joy, any help gratefully received

Cheers
SAFC

Re: JULIA - 08/12/12 11:20 PM

Don't wait for single line matches because any stall will bring the bar lower.

Keep on clicking a choice.
Watch the left side and immediately count how many lines comes out from the main post; then click the right side "words" with the same number of lines coming out of the post-core. luck

Re: JULIA - 08/17/12 07:45 PM

Hi Guys

Just to say, I have cracked the Language part in the game. Boy did it take a long long time,etc, thanks for your suggestion MaG I stuck with it, took over 1 hour but got up grade, just for Info I have a save for after conversion with Native, maybe it may help

Cheers
SAFC

Re: JULIA - 08/17/12 10:46 PM

bravo Thanks for the offer of the saved game. Other gamers might take you up on it. smile
Posted By: Bernd

Re: JULIA - 01/04/13 10:15 PM

MaG,
Desperately looking for saved game on SALIA 4 after learning the language and exploring the forest.Talking to the Native and responding with stone formation with machete, then Lake filled with corrosive liquid but third option of the laser gun does not come up in possible answers. Therefore game keeps sending back to visual map. Visited all 4 mystical places & the 3 important places so must be a hiccup in the game. No patch to be found. :-(

Please help.

Re: JULIA - 01/04/13 10:44 PM

Hi Bernd,

MaG's walkthrough states:

To prevent issues at the Native quiz in Salia 4, please set your font size to 100% (not over).

To do this: Go into your Windows Control Panel, then 'Appearance and Personalization', then 'Display', and you should see your current font setting which is changeable from that screen.

luck
Posted By: Bernd

Re: JULIA - 01/05/13 03:55 AM

Thanks Rushes,
Must have missed that part. It worked just great.

Thanks again.

Re: JULIA - 01/05/13 03:39 PM

Glad that did the trick!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community