GB HOMEPAGE

Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted

Posted By: MaG

Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 01:52 PM

Due to requests and with permission from frogwares - Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted.

Have fun!

This game is one of the best game ever: graphics, dialogue and storyline.

Be sure to play it. I highly recommend it.

Posted By: Rushes

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 02:12 PM

woot Thanks, MaG!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 02:28 PM

Wow! Thanks MaG -- you're the best! broccoli
Posted By: Chief

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 02:33 PM

bravo flowers

Thanks MaG.

Chief wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 03:37 PM

I don't have the game yet from Dave and there is a WT already. Thanks MaG.
Richard
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 03:50 PM

A walkthrough even before the game is released !?!
---how awesome is that!--- rah
Thank you, thank you, thank you, MaG!! praise
I'm sure I'll be peeking much more often than I'd like to admit to. blush sherlock
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/19/12 04:38 PM

Thanks MaG praise wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 02:44 AM

You'll enjoy the game. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 03:01 AM

Yikes! 102 pages!

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 03:09 AM

Really! redface I thought is much less than that.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 08:05 AM

Thanks MaG! thumbsup
Posted By: monbron

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 11:41 AM

Just had an e mail from Amazon UK that it is being prepared for dispatch!! Looking forward to this one. sherlock

Peeked at the walkthrough and made it smaller and it comes out at 43 pages, just need a magnifying glass to read it.
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Yikes! 102 pages!

I always size my pages for W/T's in Word with just .2 or .3 inch margins, and when copied and pasted, mine was 70 pages. I spent some time decreasing the font size way down and also downsizing all of the photographs and got mine down to 40 pages.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 05:20 PM

Hope you can read the deductions or remove the pics and just take a look at the pics on the wt posted.

Have fun.
Posted By: gillann

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 10:11 PM

MaG, where is everyone getting the game? Has it been released over here?

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/20/12 10:16 PM

It's releasing in the US on the 25th September, for XBox and PS3, and PC download.

It released today in Europe.

If you're interested and want a boxed PC version, see if Dave at Interact has any left -- it's the last game he'll be selling and he only has a few copies.
Posted By: dina

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/21/12 01:14 PM

Hello, I started the game it looks fantastic, my only problem is the control keys and I see in your walkthrough that you can play it either by mouse or keyboard, I prefer to use just the mouse is it possible and how Thanks

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/21/12 01:33 PM

Hi dina,

If you're still in the tutorial mode at the start of the game (in the room, searching for the necklace), then you need to follow the onscreen instructions for movement, initially.

You can switch between first and third person by pressing the R button on your keyboard.

In first person you can move around by press-holding your left mouse button.

In third person (for the tutorial) you move with the keyboard & mouse.

Once you're playing the main game out of tutorial, you can play third person using mouse only, if that's what you prefer, and you don't need to do anything to set this up other than by switching to this mode with your R key. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/21/12 02:18 PM

Yahoo !! bravo

What a lovely surprise for us all, MaG !! Thank you so much !! praise

And thanks to Frogwares too - for the permission happydance

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/21/12 02:40 PM

Mad,

You will love this game.
Remember our Rushes did the English dialogue on this game - so you can hear her genius.
Posted By: Sokra

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/21/12 03:08 PM

Hello!
Yes I love the game too. It is also very long.
A german translation of the walkthrough is posted
at Gamepad.de
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/25/12 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG
Mad,

You will love this game.
Remember our Rushes did the English dialogue on this game - so you can hear her genius.

Oooops !! Sorry, MaG. I didn't spot your reply till now redface

But wonderful re Rushes !! thumbsup

I've actually got the game running on my old XP machine - which is absolutely amazing - and I've already played a little of it.
But as I mentioned to Rushes on the Glitches Board, I am struggling with the navigation/imteraction. I find it really confusing think

Cheers.

Mad smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/25/12 02:11 PM

I've just replied to you over on that thread, Mad. smile
Posted By: Drummerboy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/26/12 03:16 AM

I've made it through the intro but I have a constant WASD key pad showing and I can't interact on anything. Is this a glitch?

Thanks, Jesse.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/26/12 03:52 AM

Drummerboy,

The intro is a tutorial.

Originally Posted By: Rushes
If you're still in the tutorial mode at the start of the game (in the room, searching for the necklace), then you need to follow the onscreen instructions for movement, initially.

You can switch between first and third person by pressing the R button on your keyboard.

In first person you can move around by press-holding your left mouse button.

In third person (for the tutorial) you move with the keyboard & mouse.

Once you're playing the main game out of tutorial, you can play third person using mouse only, if that's what you prefer, and you don't need to do anything to set this up other than by switching to this mode with your R key. smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/26/12 10:26 AM

Just to add to MaG's post:

Press the R on your keyboard a few times until Holmes is in third person and you have a pipe as your cursor. Then click an area onscreen and Holmes will move to it. That should cancel out the navigation box and move you on to the next point. You do need to follow the tutorial instructions that appear.
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/26/12 10:01 PM

What a super game. Well worth the price.
Posted By: Drummerboy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/28/12 03:42 AM

Thanks all. The "R" button worked.

I re-started the game and right-clicked to bring up the inventory and clicked on the movie camera. That toggled 1st/3rd-person views as well (the pipe and magifying glass icons appeared). Now I can get going!

BTW, phenomenal walkthrough Mag. Holy cow! Looks like a long and enjoyable venture judging by your incredible detail.

Best regards, Jesse.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/28/12 12:12 PM

Glad that helped you, Jesse. Have fun with the game.
Posted By: gillann

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/28/12 05:07 PM

Where is the game available, MaG? Haven't been able to find it...
Posted By: Don M

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/28/12 11:37 PM

Help...I can't get any kind of cursor no matter what mode I'm in. Also, is it possible to get rid of this stupid tutorial icon filling half of the screen?

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/28/12 11:52 PM

Press the R on your keyboard a few times until Holmes is in third person and you have a pipe as your cursor. Then click an area onscreen and Holmes will move to it. That should cancel out the navigation box and move you on to the next point.

Follow the onscreen instructions then as they appear and relate to navigation. Once the tutorial is out of the way then you can move freely and examine the room properly. luck

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/29/12 02:19 AM

Hi Rushes

If after picking up the magnifying glass and using it on on the music papers, is it supposed to
disappear from your inventory?

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/29/12 02:32 AM

Don,
The magnifying glass will now appear when needed: either in the puzzle itself or Holmes will take it out. It will also be your cursor. laugh Have fun.

gillann,
You can click on any of the 2 rotating banner at top: Either at Focus or at The Adventure Shop for downloads.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/29/12 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: MaG
Don,
The magnifying glass will now appear when needed: either in the puzzle itself or Holmes will take it out. It will also be your cursor. laugh Have fun.

gillann,
You can click on any of the 2 rotating banner at top: Either at Focus or at The Adventure Shop for downloads.

Thanks MaG and Rushes,

I didn't think I was ever going to get through the
tutorial let alone the game.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 09/29/12 03:34 AM

rotfl

Have fun now, Don.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/07/12 04:17 AM

Hi Mag and fellow Boomers,
Thank you so much, Mag, for this incredible (and long----LOL) WT. I just printed it out using a #14 font. The total amount of pages is 113. I have to tell you that it is well worth all the paper and ink I used. I am now playing the WHITEHALL section of the game, and enjoying every moment of it. The graphics are awesome, and the story is fascinating.
My next game purchase will be "LUCIUS", which will be available on October 26.I KNOW that you will be writing a walkthrough for Lucius (HINT, HINT) as well and I look forward to that one also.
I think that I speak for ALL of our fellow Boomers when I say that we appreciate you SO much.
------------and YES, we are very spoiled by the fact that we have come to "expect" and GET the best walkthroughs on the internet from you.
Sandy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/07/12 04:30 AM

Sorry - I won't be doing Lucius. From the write up, it is not a story that I can tolerate.

Glad that you are enjoying Testament. I agree - I love it.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/08/12 06:45 AM

That's ok, Mag. I'll give you a pass on this one--LOL. I'm sure that there will be a few walkthroughs out there by the time Lucius is released. I just pre-ordered the game and I look forward to playing it. I'm used to violence and horror. I've been married for 45 years. JUST KIDDING !
Sandy
Posted By: moi

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 12:59 PM

Do you know where the save games are kept : in what map,
Gr, Moi

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 01:49 PM

Hi moi,

The saves for Win 7 are at:

C:\Users\[computer name]\AppData\Roaming\Frogwares\The Testament of Sherlock Holmes\save

The map can be found by right-clicking and selecting the seventh icon along the bottom row beneath your inventory.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 04:20 PM

Hi Rushes. Can you tell me where the saves are in WIN XP?. I LOVE this game! Thanks,
Sandy
Posted By: moi

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 04:51 PM

Thanks rushes, but I couln't find the folder.
In the help section of frogware I saw this:
To find your saves please follow the steps:
1. Open any Windows Explorer window (Computer overview for example).
2. Paste into address bar %appdata%\frogwares and press Enter.
3. In the opened window find folder named with game title (The Testament of Sherlock Holmes), open it and open "save" folder.
4. Your saves are JPG images there.

Thanks anyway Moi

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 05:24 PM

Yup, that's another way of finding them. smile If you have Win 7 and weren't able to find them from my extension then you might need to show your hidden folders. Hope the Frogwares info helped you.

Hi Sandy, I've only played the game on Win 7, but if you follow the directions that moi has posted that should do the trick. luck

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 05:50 PM

I'm at the Fun Fair in the Freak show tent trying to place the "part of the crank" on the wheel of the central post.

The only thing I get is the magnifying glass to get a comment. I do not get the hand icon.

The crank is ready at the top right corner and I'm in close up.

Help please.

Chief wave

EDIT: returning to the game to realise I had not click on the cage to get a comment from Holmes. I only had click the bar on top. All is OK now.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 05:57 PM

Hi Chief,

You won't be able to place the crank handle until you know why you need to do so. Be sure to check everything else in the room first, especially the on-stage area.

Edit: Glad you figured it out!

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/09/12 05:59 PM

Thanks Rushes. wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/10/12 02:03 AM

Thanks, moi. I followed your instructions and found the save games.
Sandy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/10/12 06:58 AM

I'm stuck for the first time in this game with the SAFELOCK puzzle, the one with the different colored balls. The WT states that there are blue balls and green balls that should end up on the left panel with the blue balls ending up in the small center panel. I absolutly cannot distinguish the difference in color between the blue and the green balls. Right now I have all of the blue/green balls on the left panel and all of the orange balls on the right panel and nothing is happening (as in the safe opening).I could use the SKIP function, but I really don't want to go that route. Can anybody help me out with this?
Which are BLUE, and which are GREEN?
Sandy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/10/12 02:05 PM

If you don't want to use the Skip feature (and I can understand that, as using the Skip also means missing out on one of the Achievements), then the only way we'll be able to tell you which are blue and which are green is if you link a screenshot of your game screen to this thread. Then we can point them out for you. smile

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/10/12 10:04 PM

Hi Rushes. I took a screenshot of the puzzle and named it:"safelock.bmp". Can you please tell me how I can link the file to this thread? Thanks,
Sandy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/10/12 10:11 PM

If you have an account with Photobucket or a similar online picture dump, then you can upload to that and then link the URL.

Otherwise, feel free to e-mail the screenshot to me directly (e-mail addy in my profile), and I'll look at it straightaway for you.

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/11/12 03:19 AM

I just mailed the attached file to you, Rushes. I really appreciate the trouble you are going through to help me out.
Sandy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/11/12 01:31 PM

Thanks, Sandy, got it. I've ringed the blues that need to go into the middle section, and have e-mailed the screenshot back to you. luck

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/11/12 10:29 PM

With your help, Rushes, I completed the puzzle without using the SKIP feature. I had to do a lot of manipulating since I was still having trouble making out the difference between the green and blue balls, so I had to follow the balls very carefully, tracing the way until I completed the puzzle. Thank you SO much.
I would like to know if any other of our fellow Boomers had the same trouble discerning the blue from the green balls. I'd like to think that I was NOT the only one with poor eyesight. LOL
Sandy

Re: Sherlock Holmes 6: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes walkthrough is posted - 10/12/12 02:03 PM

Wonderful that you got through without the skip, Sandy. thumbsup Enjoy the rest of the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community