GB HOMEPAGE

Myst

Posted By: snugnsmug

Myst - 12/29/12 07:05 AM

I lost the key from the trunk in the lighthouse before I could use it on the attic door. How do I find it? Where did it go?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Myst - 12/29/12 03:40 PM

Hi snugnsmug, welcome to GameBoomers.

As far as I know, you are only ever able to carry one object at a time in Myst, there being no inventory. Did you pick anything else up after the key? Is the key back in its original spot, or what happens if you click on the attic door anyway?

Hopefully a Myst expert will be along shortly with more info.

Re: Myst - 12/29/12 06:50 PM

I had nothing else in inventory. Yes, I tried the attic door and could not get it to open or go through it. The key is not in its hidden place anymore. I had grabbed it and gone back to the umbrella structure and when I returned to the lighthouse to open the attic the key was no longer on my screen.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Myst - 12/30/12 02:03 AM

Do you mean the trunk is now empty and the key you took from it is gone?

Re: Myst - 12/30/12 06:30 PM

Yes.
Posted By: Chief

Re: Myst - 12/30/12 06:40 PM

I do not know if it is possible that it can happen, but could the key be on the ground somewhere around the trunk?

I think I'm has curious as you are to know where that key went.

Chief santa newyear

EDIT: can you go back to a save game and try again?
Posted By: Jema

Re: Myst - 12/30/12 08:03 PM

snugnsmug,

To go with what Chief said: If it's not around the trunk, check the umbrella structure to see if it's there.

If not, like Chief asked, can you go back to a saved game and try again? Only this time, after you pull the plug from the trunk and before you take the key, go to the umbrella structure and do what you have to do there. Then go back to the lighthouse and take the key from the trunk.

Good luck.

Re: Myst - 12/31/12 12:58 AM

I found it! By dumb luck! It was on the floor by the chest after I drained the lighthouse again.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Myst - 12/31/12 01:38 AM

Great! Glad you found the elusive key! smile12
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Myst - 12/31/12 06:01 AM

Several things in the Myst series work that way.

Felt good finding it again, didn't it? luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community