GB HOMEPAGE

Riddle of the Tomb

Posted By: robert gray

Riddle of the Tomb - 01/07/13 02:39 AM

i understand depending on the zodiac sign you choose determines a good or bad day, but what determines what object to pick up? robert.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/07/13 03:13 AM

If you can pick an item - do so - you might need it then or later.
It's usual adventure gameplay. Have fun.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/13/13 05:14 PM

hi Mag. i am at the kiln trying to bake the 2 halves of the upshabti figurine but they never bake at least Thomas never says so. i have the tongs ready i know the coals are hot enough as Thomas says 'enough'. what's wrong? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/13/13 05:49 PM

Be sure that you have done the 2 halves correctly:
In inventory, combine tablet mold, clay and ushabti figurine to make unbaked ushabti half mold (front) and then do the back.

Bake the front one first and then wait.
Do you have the clay also?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/13/13 07:21 PM

hi Mag. i have done all of the above but obviously i'm still missing something. i still can't bake the 2 halves. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/14/13 01:07 AM

Try what you did in 2008 and see if that works again - check here. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/14/13 02:09 AM

hi again Mag. i tried re-lighting the kiln. and this time both halves baked beautifully. i suppose my memory needed jolting. 2008 is a long time ago! thanks Mag and Rushes, robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/14/13 03:26 AM

Glad you got through. Have fun on the replay.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/17/13 10:32 PM

hi Mag. i'm at the great library, gone through all the business of crocodiles etc. but can't the secret chamber behind the painting to open up. what do i have to do. everything's covered in your walkthrough but i still cannot get the thing to open. robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/18/13 12:48 AM

Hi robert,

This is from an older post by MaG, see if it helps:

Be sure that you know how to use the crocodile from the old man.
Then be sure that you have the rope tied to the neck of the crocodile.
Also double check that you have the rope tied to the short end-close to the wall part of the rod inserted in the column.

luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/18/13 02:05 AM

thanks Rushes, but that doesn't open the 'secret chamber' for me. i have solved that part. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/18/13 04:34 AM

If the secret chamber is not opened - redo the column puzzles. Doing that puzzle correctly (point to the correct Roman Numeral) should open the secret chamber. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/18/13 07:08 PM

hi Mag. SUCCESS! i know now what i was doing wrong. i was turning ALL columns 3 times when i only was supposed to turn selected columns once. there is a good example of trying to hurry up and not reading the w/t VERY SLOWLY. reading farther on, i do not see any point in filling the bowl, adding herbs, only to throw the mixture out and how do you know the bowl is labelled? thanks Mag, robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/19/13 02:19 AM

You are supposed to make a sleeping draught.
Study the recipe in documents. Realize that you do not know which one is the Ashod resin in nugget form and which one is the white powdered Tjekker flower.

You now need to identify which one is the Ashod resin and Tjekker flower ingredient first.
Then you can make the sleeping draught.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/19/13 04:44 PM

hi Mag. can i go straight to making a sleeping draught or is there a problem with that? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/19/13 07:27 PM

I really don't know if you can go straight to that part of the walkthrough without gameplay identification of those 2 substances.
Try and see. Keep us posted.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/22/13 07:03 PM

hi Mag. how are the bowls labelled after i identify the ingredient and how can i tell? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/22/13 09:40 PM

From memory, if you hover your cursor over the bowl a label should pop up telling you what it is.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/23/13 12:44 AM

hi Rushes. thanks, i tried hovering the cursor over the bowl after the ingredients were added and Thomas commented but no label popped for me! robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/23/13 01:07 AM

When you hover your cursor, look to top right of your game screen, that's where the label appears. (I just checked a YouTube video clip to be sure.) luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/23/13 03:43 AM

hi Rushes. do you have a link to that Youtube i could watch? not to check on you but help with the miriad of problems i have with this game. it's so old, and even the name changed from Riddle of the Tomb to A Queen's Destiny or vice versa. thanks, robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/23/13 04:43 AM

Here's the link to the video walkthrough at You Tube. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/23/13 03:16 PM

Here's the one that I specifically looked at, robert. The section with the bowls is around 6 mins in.

YouTube vid

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/25/13 03:01 AM

hi Mag. i have decided to follow EXACTLY your walkthrough. is 'grey powder' the same ingredient as 'grey nuggets powder'? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/25/13 03:09 AM

No - they are 2 different powders. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/25/13 03:23 PM

hi Mag. that being the case, i should not use Ashod Resin - good day- for Libra sign, but Ashod Resin/Ashod Resin - bad day- instead? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/25/13 07:57 PM

If Thomas has identified one of the grey nuggets as being mouldy, then yes, follow the instructions for "Bad Day".

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/26/13 01:15 AM

thanks Rushes. when it comes to making the sleeping draft, what do i use for ataniya roots? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/26/13 02:41 AM

Then you have to find a replacement.

Originally Posted By: walkthrough
Ashod resin-Ataniya roots (Bad day):

Read the Prusias properties scroll that states that Ataniya roots and Ashod resin possess similar properties. Read the Zoilos reactions scroll to identify Ataniya roots.

Empty bowl and fill it with water. Add 1 handful of Kerma powder, 2 handfuls of Arsawa powder, 2 handfuls of Pitasa gum and 1 handful of grey powder.

If correct, Thomas will say: I identified one of the constituents. The bowl will then be labeled.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/26/13 02:03 PM

hi Mag. after all scrolls have been read, to cut a long story short, what IS the replacement recipe for the sleeping draft? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/26/13 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: walkthrough

Sleeping Draft:

Empty bowl and fill it with water. Add 2 handfuls of gray powdered Melukhka, 2 handfuls of Ashod resin (good day) or Ataniya roots (bad day) in nugget form, 2 handfuls of green powdered Canaan thorns and 2 handfuls of white powdered Tjekker flowers.

Add fillets of dried fish to Kordax's concoction to make soporific fish. They will turn pink.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/26/13 05:47 PM

thanks very much, Mag, the fish turned pink and i'm on my way. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/27/13 05:31 PM

hi Mag. when i fire the catapult, i operate the switch to see the peg is stuck but when i use the hammer on the peg i get the 'crossed-out-gears' icon which usually means that i can't use the hammer here. what have i done wrong? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/27/13 10:05 PM

Did you make a new peg to use on that hole?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/27/13 11:46 PM

hi Mag. i don't think your w/t mentions anything about making a new peg but please jog my memory just in case i missed it. thanks. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/27/13 11:51 PM

From walkthrough:

Winch - Go to the back wheel part of the Cyclops-catapult.

Look down and see that the winch cable loop on the ground. Look up and see the winch to hold it is up on the beam.

Turn around and pick up the ladder. Turn around and prop the ladder on the beam.

Pick up the winch cable loop from the ground.

Climb the ladder and attach the winch cable loop on the winch. Thomas says that it will not hold together and needs a peg.

Go down and pick up the broken peg on the ground.

Go to the galley. Open the galley carpenter's chest left of the beam.

Take the hammer and chisel. Use the chisel on the beam to get piece of wood.

In inventory, combine the broken peg, piece of wood, hammer and chisel to get new peg.

Good day - The peg will hold.

Bad day - The peg breaks and have to make a new one again.

Climb the ladder and place the new peg on the hole of the winch cable to hold it tight. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/29/13 02:21 AM

hi Mag. after making a new stone ball, how do i fire at wall to make bigger opening? this is not covered in your w/t. i assume this means going back to the catapult? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/29/13 02:37 AM

Do what is written on the walkthrough when you used the original stone ball.

From walkthrough:
Pick up the stone ball. Go back to the catapult and click to pick up the winch cable loop. Automatically, the catapult setup is done.

Fire the catapult again.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/29/13 08:39 PM

hi Mag. i am not sure what letters to click on at the inscribed metal plaque on the pillar re. sigma, omega, etc. do i click on their first letters, S for sigma, O for omega and so on? can you explain further please, robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/30/13 01:58 AM

You need to click the Greek alphabet of the solution.
Look at the solution picture. It has the correct Greek alphabet from left to right at center.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 01:26 AM

hi Mag. i got the Greek alphabet OK. thanks. i do not understand your W/T with regard to Apollo's chariot and can't getting it to the roof. the problem seems to be the good day and bad day business for the entire game. would you mind restating in other words the Apollo's chariot segment, please? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 03:16 AM

Are you good day or bad day?

Your aim is to balance the chariot and the counterweights.

For good days - place Place 11 weights on the chariot.

Bad day - Go back outside and take 3 sandbags from the catapult's counterweight.
Place 6 weights on the chariot and the 3 sandbags.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 03:41 PM

hi Mag. that's the problem - i don't know! i seem to have two choices, either good or bad. which one do i go with? the way it is written, i could go either way. i have chosen LIBRA as my sign if that helps. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 04:05 PM

The walkthrough is written the same procedure the whole way.
You find out what to do based on the description written for that day.

In Apollo's chariot:

Good day - All the weights are intact.

Bad day - Some weights are broken by the soldiers.

So - are all the weights intact or not in your game?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 04:44 PM

hi Mag. weights are broken. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 05:45 PM

It's easy to tell if you're having a Good or Bad day. smile

Go into your inventory area. The bottom of the left pillar has the selected zodiac sign and shows that day's horoscope, good or bad. This changes often, so keep checking back to it as you come up against the different puzzles.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 07:41 PM

thanks Rushes, i got to the roof. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 07:43 PM

Great!

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 09:30 PM

hi Rushes. can i tell if i correctly entered each gorgon name - Greek alphabet? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 01/31/13 10:04 PM

Yes:

Enter the names of the 3 Gorgons by pressing on the Greek letters. Verify the letter by the label at top right of the screen.
The letters on the floor do not repeat, so once it is pressed down, continue to look for the next letter to be entered. Thomas will say when the name is finished.

luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/19/13 02:09 AM

hi Rushes. i have jumped to Akkad's workshop and poisoned Kordax but his washbowl is crossed out and i cannot take it. where have i gone wrong? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/19/13 03:26 AM

If Kordax is already asleep, then you are doing a "good day". You don't need the washbowl then. You need the washbowl if you';re doing "bad day" and have to make a new poisoned washbowl.
Continue on:
Open the bag on the floor and take the heliotrope and half of Akkad's crown.
Take the horn and automatically blow the horn.
Go back to Iris and talk to her. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/19/13 03:08 PM

thank you very much, Mag. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/20/13 02:51 AM

hi Mag. i would like to replay, about where Kordax is poisoned and falls asleep, to get my play right, but i keep overshooting the mark. i find the 'slider' to go back several games to be very imprecise. is there an easier way without asking for a saved game? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/20/13 03:05 AM

Are you referring to the scroll bar to select the saves in the saved game list?

If so, is there an arrow? I can't remember what the "load page" look like.

Can you tap instead of click-hold-move?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/20/13 03:41 PM

hi Mag. Ah, the scroll bar - i wasn't sure what it was called. anyway, tapping the scroll bar gets me nowhere so i got back to Kordax by sheer trial and error. i followed the w/t but the slab was not recessed and i didn't see a circle made up of astrological signs which tells me i have done something wrong. can YOU tell please? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/20/13 03:52 PM

Did you do this first:

Go to the back of the structure. See a barge with 2 men holding their hands out. Place the Aries medal on the right man and the Taurus medal on the left man. Hear a noise.

The recessed slab should then be at the front of the structure, close to the entrance.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/20/13 04:22 PM

thanks, Rushes, robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/21/13 12:58 AM

hi Rushes. how do i look at the frescoes on both sides of the structure when the program won't let me. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/21/13 01:58 AM

Can you see it when you have the door on your back?
If you can see it, then continue to:
"Go to the back of the structure. See a barge with 2 men holding their hands out. Place the Aries medal on the right man and the Taurus medal on the left man. Hear a noise"

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/21/13 02:26 AM

hi Mag. i have already done that to expose the recessed slab. do the same again? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/21/13 03:07 AM

No. I misunderstood. You are now on the tomb part.

Go around the wall of the room and then turn around and look at the sides of the tomb.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/22/13 08:46 PM

hi Mag. i have stoked the left fire pit with coal but it says wait a bit. the fire is not hot enough. where have i gone wrong? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/22/13 09:54 PM

There are grills.
Be sure that you have opened the 2 vents.
One is above the furnace - pull the handle bar.
The other one is above the coal-heliolites - pull the handle bar.
Now - that they are opened - go outside and remove the cover of the vents up there. There are 2 covers: one for each vents. They are by Horus and Anubis statue.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/23/13 12:19 AM

hi Mag. i think you misunderstood again. it's quite understandable being such an old game. i have done that part. now i'm trying to get the 5 scoops of coal each side of the furnace and having some trouble. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/23/13 01:29 AM

Please double check that you have pulled 2 handles above you.
Then double check that you have the vents opened outside by the statues. It's the usual problem that gamers encounter on this part.

Then fill the furnace dome with water. Double check this part also.

Then add those scoops of coal on both furnaces until Thomas says they're okay. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/23/13 03:37 AM

you were absolutely correct about the vents. i had failed to open one. now, Mag, i can't get the Virgo, Water, Air and Fire discs in place. they are crossed out. just at the end!!! very frustrating. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/23/13 03:54 AM

If you did everything correctly (steam and platform); then see if you can move closer and place the correct item in their right place. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/23/13 01:57 PM

hi Mag. the wt says, if done correctly, see steam coming from the machine at right. exactly what machine? i can't remember seeing steam. maybe that's my mistake. robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/23/13 04:30 PM

I vaguely remember that it is the machine left of the furnace.
See if there is any steam coming out of any of the setup right of hallway while facing the platform.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/25/13 08:52 PM

hi Mag. i have completed the game. thanks very much for your help. after having finishing, it says 2 extra signs have been opened up. can i carry on further? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/25/13 09:53 PM

Yes - you have to go and play the 2 new signs that comes up at the corner table.
One, all good days and the other, all bad days.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/26/13 01:08 AM

hi MAG. if i have already completed the game, how do i continue and where is the corner table? robert.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 02/26/13 04:07 AM

The area that you go to is where you selected your avatar.
If I remember correctly it should be at top left of that room.
Maybe some one can verify this better - I think you can play a new game and look at that corner wall. luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community