GB HOMEPAGE

Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game

Posted By: traveler

Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 02/26/13 07:21 PM

This may end up in Ignorance, other wise known as Glitches, but how do you take anything in this demo? I see little hands but they don't want to do anything. (Oddly, the mouse will turn you around but it won't move you forward. I found that out by trying to use the mouse just out of habit.) And there is no way to raise or lower your field of view that I can see...maybe I missed it?

Gil.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 02/27/13 12:34 AM

To pick up anything hold your left mouse button down and use your keys to move around. I got into the basement and looked at the generator it needed gas. I found the gas can but couldn't fill the generator. Tried for a about a half hour and quit. Didn't like the game, way to dark and the controls were to hard. Other gamers might like it.
Richard
Posted By: traveler

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 02/27/13 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: kjos
To pick up anything hold your left mouse button down and use your keys to move around. I got into the basement and looked at the generator it needed gas. I found the gas can but couldn't fill the generator. Tried for a about a half hour and quit. Didn't like the game, way to dark and the controls were to hard. Other gamers might like it.
Richard

I agree with you, Richard. The darkness didn't bother me but just about everything else did. The A & D keys did not work correctly on my computer. They took you left and right, but directly left and right; I couldn't turn. I had to use the arrow keys to manage that. Try using the arrow keys with your left hand on the right side of your keyboard while your right hand is on the mouse waiting for something to open or pick up.

I couldn't get into the basement. Kudos to you for managing it. Taking your advice, I held the left mouse button down and used the hand on the door, but nothing would get me far enough down the stairs to go in. It was as if I had my head slam up against the wall over the door and was too dumb to go down the stairs. I probably am. Did I let go of the left mouse key first? I can't remember. Still, I don't think that in order to play I should have to ask questions about how to play, questions that aren't covered in the Controls, AFAIK. Suppose I had never played a game before?

Question: The unReal engine precludes the use of the mouse? Moving around with the WASD keys is really awkward for a mouse lover.

Gil.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 02/27/13 02:19 AM

I think I presses the Ctrl key and went forward,to get into the basement.
Richard
Posted By: marie

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 02/27/13 03:14 AM

Kjos, You need to find a hose for the gas can to use it.

I finished the demo, it pretty good.

Marie smile
Posted By: Chief

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 02/27/13 04:15 AM

Gil, the hand icon will work if you have something to pick up, like that hose marie is talking about.

And you can check doors to see if they are locked or not.

Chief wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 03/01/13 03:39 AM

Hi Chief, and all my other fellow Boomers.
I just finished the demo of this game. To get to the end of the demo, you have to have found a hose,an empty gas can, an axe, and a key, the hard part is how to figure out what to do with these objects. I can hardly wait to purchase the full version. The graphics and the sounds are SO great, as is the story. Chief mentioned that he was going to work on writing a WT, so I'll wait for that before purchasing the game. I'm pleasantly surprised that I was able to finish the demo WITHOUT a WT. Of course My grandkids would NOT need to refer to a WT to get through the whole game, but then again, I'm not 12 years old. LOL
Sandy

P.S. I had no trouble navigating through this game. You can turn around fully by using the mouse. The WASD keys gave me no problems.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 03/01/13 05:09 AM

Thanks Sandy for the helpful comment and tip.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 03/01/13 04:22 PM

Thank you for that useful info, sanford thumbsup

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 03/02/13 01:08 AM

You're very welcome, Mad.It feels so good to be able to contribute to this forum, since I am usually asking for help.
Sandy

Re: Eleusis - A New 3D Mystery Adventure Game - 03/02/13 07:39 PM

As I stated on a previous thread, CHIEF, thank you for this fantastic WT. I'm about to order this game, and now that I can use your WT, it's going to be a great experience. The demo played smoothly without any glitches, so I expect the full version to be the same. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community