Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game

Posted by: linda333

Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/07/13 03:40 PM

This is an older game and from the menu I have options, continue game, load game etc. but no save game. Does anyone remember how to save a game? Also I do not see anything for subtitle option...not sure if that is possible here. Thank you for any information.
Posted by: MaG

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/07/13 05:15 PM

Looking at the manual at replacement.com; it looks like:
- access main menu using the ESC key.
- Then save feature is at bottom right of the triangle.
Hope that helps.

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/07/13 05:47 PM

Thanks will look again. No go, but thanks for the help. The escape does not do anything at all. I can only access the menu from within the game but there s no save option there. Only load and game options etc...when I go back to the game I can load (but there is no game to load)or continue game...so I can only use the continue game option right now...

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/07/13 06:20 PM

Maybe someone who remembers will tell us how to access the saved game page.
Posted by: kjos

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/07/13 07:08 PM

I looked around to and there isn't any save.
Richard
Posted by: LeBelleRachael

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/07/13 07:59 PM

Here is a link to a walk thru on U Toob and shows the screen where you save and load.Here

Enjoy the game, it was very hard but VERY creepy!!....giggle!

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/08/13 03:47 PM

Thanks for the link to U-Tube. The screen shown there is not the same as the one in my game when I go to menu...there is no save anywhere. So will just have to go with a walkthru and when I know there is a difficult part coming up, exit and then go back and play from continue game. That way if I die(lol)I can start from that point again....

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/26/13 09:27 PM

I have a new issue with this game...I am in the lab. Now I need to get into the boiler room. I am
following a walkthru and it says at the back of the room there is a zodiac puzzle lock...cannot do anything with that yet so go to the right and enter the boiler room. However when I go right there is an image that could be a door but there is no way to access it. I think perhaps I have hit a glitz in the game. I was wondering if anyone else may be playing this game. I downloded it from Gamersgate....thank you for any input.

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/26/13 10:17 PM

Read several posts here about the problem of doors and how dark they are - click here..

One of our member has saved games - click here.

Here is a video walkthrough that might help.

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/26/13 10:23 PM

Thank you! But I do not know if it is just my game but...I downloaded it from Gamersgate. I read here in the forums someone else did the same and was also asking about how to save a game. Now I have a new issue...I cannot take anything out the alchemists briefcase. I can highlight everything in it but there is no way it will let me take anything out to use.I looked on U-tube and it looked so easy, just click and use. But that does not work for me. Also when I take the Eliphas Levy card out of the drawer in the table again I cannot use it. It just stays on my screen but will not let me move it anywhere (I need to place it on the floor). I think this must be a glitz in the game. I was hoping someone else may be playing and be able to tell me if they also have these problems...thanks.
Posted by: Kaki's Sister

Re: Necronomicon The Dawning of Darkness - how to save a game - 03/28/13 06:43 AM

I have yet to play this game. But I did watch the video MaG. It is so dark! I don't know how anyone could get thru that part - especially since it is so hard to get your bearings in the dark!