GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall ~ Portraits Puzzle

Posted By: NDLVR

Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall ~ Portraits Puzzle - 05/10/13 07:56 AM

I got my game today, and I haven't had too many problems, but I'm stuck right now. I'm working on the puzzle with the portraits, after seeing Harper for the first time. I've only found 6 portraits to clean up.

2 in the parlor above the fire place (Jeb & Sarah Emma), 1 in the downstairs hall by the workshop door (Beauregard), 1 in the upstairs hall just off the stairs (Franklin), In the alcove with the note about calling Charlotte & Savannah's package, I found Jackson, and in the second part of the hall, I found Marianna.

Who am I missing?

Actually found my problem laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall ~ Portraits Puzzle - 05/10/13 09:11 AM

Hiriam in the parlor. He's on the wall across the door.

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/10/13 09:47 AM

I found that one right before I saw your post, MaG. I think before I was clicking the wrong spot on that Portrait because I tried that one many time.

Now, I'm stuck again. I'm in the cellar and found the door to the tunnels, the one with the numbered round buttons. I'm missing the #6. I've searched all through the cellar, to no success. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/10/13 02:43 PM

Jen, you won't find that missing number until later in the game, so for now focus on other things that you might be able to accomplish. smile

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:16 AM

Thanks, Marian. I did make some progress in other areas last night. Where do I find the other plates for the caskets in the tomb? I have the snake one and have completed that puzzle.

I have the sketches for the flower one and the bird one. I know I need a star one too, but haven't found the sketch for that yet.

Last night I did unlock Charlotte's room, but it came to another puzzle, I'm assuming the solution for that comes later

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:56 AM

One of the other plates is in a
Click to reveal..
locked box.

It sounds like you are making progress. wave

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 01:18 AM

Oh, I got past the bird plate now too. How do I open it? I've found
Click to reveal..
Ethel's grave
when I click the box, Nancy just 'hmm's

Also, I can't seam to click off the task about Beauregard. I found his grave with the colored squares, but the task doesn't check off. Am I missing something?

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 01:43 AM

You are going to have to find a specific
Click to reveal..
key
in order to open that box.

The colored squares on Beauregard's grave will be important elsewhere in the game. That's probably why it isn't checked off on the task list yet. smile

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 01:59 AM

I felt like I was missing something in the ruins, so I doubled back and found an active spot on one of the walls....I've tried stacking the stuff, but nothing happens.

At this point I seam to be stuck, I just keep running in circles.

here's my tasklist:

-------------------------------------------------

I made some success and progressed. I've been inside Charlotte's room, and even gotten into Clara's briefcase. Right now I'm in the Ruins. I gather that I'm supposed to balance the objects, but I'm not sure exactly how. Every combination I've tried, hasn't been a success, so there has to be something my brain's not thinking

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 04:10 AM

Jen,

See if the posted walkthrough helps.
They are sub headed by the To Do list. See if you can find the ones you haven't finished yet.

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:23 PM

I will check it out after work. Thanks Mag! I'm sure your walkthrough will also help find the phone charms and raster eggs I haven't found yet, too laugh

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 03:22 PM

I didn't find all of them. ;(

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 10:25 PM

As of last night, I had found 4 charms but no eggs

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 11:26 PM

The wt has all the eggs and charms now. Take a peek.

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 02:26 AM

I just actually found a list of them on the forum at herinteractive and was going to list them in a spoiler here smile

Before, the charms I'd found were: Tombstone, Scythe, Yellow Circle w/ Tree & Clock, so I'll have to replay a bit to see if I can get all plus the eggs laugh

I loved the teaser for the next game, so I'm quite anticipating that

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 06:38 AM

Jen,

Family wrote the list on the wt thread above earlier. You can check that one if you want to.

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 07:21 AM

Just popped in to say I just finished replaying the whole game and found all the charms and eggs.

By the end, the awards I got:
Historian
Eerie Epitaphs
Egged
Humanitarian
Spoiler Free
Spooks Galore
Trivia Tamer
Charmed

8 out of 13 laugh

Re: Nancy Drew 28: Ghost Of Thornton Hall - 05/13/13 01:55 AM