GB HOMEPAGE

Curse of Blackmoor Manor

Posted By: oldbroad

Curse of Blackmoor Manor - 05/19/13 12:22 AM

Hello,

I'm playing this game in senior mode and have managed to get all the way to this point without help but.....

I am trying to forge the key. I believe I understand the clues - the pictures in the book that match the pictures on the coats of arms, and the +, ],[, & l's on the coats, however, some pictures seem to be on more that one coat. I must have tried this 100 ways (not exagerrating) already and just can't get it.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but would prefer a hint or nudge to a full answer, if possible.

Thanks,

Jackie
Posted By: Marian

Re: Curse of Blackmoor Manor - 05/19/13 12:39 AM

Congratulations on getting this far in senior mode without help. That's really terrific. smile

These are hints and not really a spoiler:

Click to reveal..

The mold picked up at the forge has 12 crosses, the lines of which can be removed. The picture seen in Jane's Mutus Liber book shows 12 squares with different drawings on it.

Look at all the coat of arms in the Great Hall. Notice that there are lines at the ends of the Latin motto. Corbin's coat of arms is in inventory given by Nigel.

Correlate the coat of arms to the drawings in the mold and then to the lines found at the end of the coat of arms motto.

Take the mold from inventory. Based upon the correlated lines from the coat of arms and the drawing from Jane's Mutus Liber, arrange the lines on the mold.

See the forge is lit and metal is melted in the hanging pot. With the arranged mold in inventory, click on molten metal in the pot. See the metal pour in the mold.

Nancy will say "There, that looks right," if it's correctly done.

If this doesn't help, please let us know. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Curse of Blackmoor Manor - 05/19/13 01:04 AM

Oh Marian. I didn't realize I had that one in my inventory. Off to try it now.

Also, was wondering if Nancy would make a comment like that. Would have saved me all those trips back and forth across the room, had I known that!

Thank you!!

Edit: That did the trick, finished the game. Still kicking myself for not remembering that was in inventory.

Only 17 more games and I'll be up to date with Nancy - whoo hoo!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Curse of Blackmoor Manor - 05/19/13 01:28 AM

Congratulations!! Well done. bravo wave

17 unplayed Nancy Drew games - I envy you. I still enjoy replaying them. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community