GB HOMEPAGE

lost Chronicles Zerzura

Posted By: dogpenny

lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/04/13 04:37 AM

I cant open the hatch on the roof.I have looked at everything there that had a hotspot. The cursor wont turn red. Did i miss something?
Posted By: MaG

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/04/13 05:03 AM

Is this the first time on the roof? If so the hatch is the wood planks under the timber pile at center of the roof.

You go downstairs via the stairs at right side.

Press the space bar to see all the hotspots.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/04/13 05:58 PM

I found the stairs picked up everything however when i exit the workdhop Ramon does not remind Feodor to go see Thabit so I cant get to the marketplace. I exhausted all conversation with Ramon before I left the shop. I found the way out and go everything from Bhabit but now I cant attach the leather hose to the bellows the cursor turns red i have tried on the pipe the end of the pipe and it wont attach.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/04/13 06:33 PM

I hope I can explain this properly when I try to attach the leather hose is shows me a picture of the attachment there is something next to the bellows that looks like the rope pulley it is attached next to the bellows when I click on the rope pulley it says to attach the bellows first.Why is the rope pulley attached before the hose. The picture shows the rope pulley attached when I try to put the hose on.
Posted By: Marian

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/04/13 06:45 PM

From MaG's walkthrough:

Click to reveal..
Open the furnace. Take the stone jug inside.

In inventory, place the copper coins and calamine (zinc oxide) in the stone jug.

Place the filled stone jug inside the furnace.

Attach the leather hose to the bellows' hole and the other end to the forge right of furnace.

Pull the rope hoist to heat up the furnace.

If you have followed these steps, I'm not sure what the problem is. Someone else will probably have some suggestions. wave

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/05/13 05:08 AM

I have done them in order twice and still cannot connect the hose to the bellows. The cursor turns red when i click on it I get the picture of the hose attached along with the rope pulley attached. Yet i cant connect the rope pulley I assume it is connected when and if I can ever get the hose connected. I just dont understand is this a glitch that requires a patch.?

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/05/13 03:47 PM

I found an old post of Rushes about this problem that might help you out here:

Quote:

Open the furnace. Take the stone jug inside.
In inventory, place the copper coins and calamine (zinc oxide) in the stone jug.
Place the filled stone jug inside the furnace.
Attach the leather hose to the bellows' hole and the other end to the forge right of furnace.

See how your cursor appears after clicking the leather hose on the bellows' hole, and if the hose is now attached to it, to click on the forge. Or if you have to go into inventory to pick up the other end of the hose to attach to the forge. I can't recall exactly the procedure -- I recall, same as you, that it was a little fiddly.

Let us know if this helps; I know this problem must be frustrating. wave

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/05/13 07:58 PM

I have done everything in the exact order looked around the shop and commented on everything there done the stone jar in order talked about the rope pulley and it still will not attach. I have been here for 2 days now to no avail. I dont know why it has to be attached exactly at the hole I have tried all around it the cursor even turns red and still it will not attach. This is becoming more than frustrating. Will try once more and start from the beginning.Then if I cant attach the hose will just move on. I am sorry about it because I really wanted to play this game.Thank you for all you have done to help me.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/05/13 09:23 PM

I'm sorry you are still stuck. Maybe someone will have a saved game for you. wave

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/06/13 09:02 PM

I started over from the beginning and still cannot attach the hose. This is more than fiddly I dont understand why the cursor turns red and the hose will not attach. I am putting the end of the hose to the hole but the hose is not turned right to go on the pipe. Anyway it just wont work no matter what I do. I have done everything in order as it should be done.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/06/13 09:21 PM

Check this post by Rushes. See if that helps.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/06/13 10:53 PM

I have done everything in that order. I dont understand why it wont attach she said it was a little fiddly and like I said before it is more than that.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 12:26 AM

Ha - yay found my saves. But am not sure which one you need. I sent you the closest one.
See if that will work for you. If not - the next one is already at the ship.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 01:33 AM

Got em thanks Mag. Been a long time since I have done this how do I add the game I cant find my notes on adding saves.The saves you sent misses a lot in between where Feodor gets the skins from Thabit fixing the boat talking to the basket seller making the cooling contraption and building the machine does that matter?

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 02:05 AM

I sent to you the 2 files before those ones.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 02:29 AM

how do I put them in the save file in the game?

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 03:02 AM

Open the Zerzura folder in My Documents.
Check the last number in there.
Renumber the ones I sent to be the last ones.
Then place those renumbered files together with the rest.
Play-load as usual. luck

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 07:23 PM

there are xml and bmp images which do I use and how do I change the numbers.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 07:26 PM

Each saved game is made up of 3 files. So you use and change the numbers on all those 3 files.
Click on the label and edit it- type in the new number.
Be careful that you change only the number and not remove or move the extensions.
Be careful about spaces.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 07:51 PM

I guess i am just dense. When I click on the ones you sent I get open print save save all. No edit. I can only edit the ones from the game.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/07/13 10:42 PM

Do not click on the icon - click on the LABEL you want to edit. It should highlight the text and then you can change it.
Or you can right click the LABEL and select rename - but change only the number.

dtp entertainment - 06/09/13 08:00 PM

They are one of the names on the CD for Lost Chronicles of Zerzura. I am having problems connecting the hose to the bellows. I have tried everything I can think of so and posted on the forum here for help. I thought maybe I could talk to someone there they have a subject in the forum Tricks maybe that is listed to help me. I cannot register because I cant get by that darn confirmation code to register I never have been able to get by those for some reason even though it is easy to figure out. Does anyone know how I can bypass that part to talk to someone at DTP? Thanks for any help given.

Re: dtp entertainment - 06/09/13 10:58 PM

I replayed that from the saved game I sent to you earlier,

I picked up the hose and attached it to the end of the bellows with no problem.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 02:02 AM

YAY!!!! got it to workI have talked to Ramon in the cage the guard is there on the bench how do I get out of that room on the left to the canon without getting killed. Thank goodness I saved the game when I did I got killed once already. Dont want it to happen again!!!!

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 04:21 AM

Click to reveal..
Arrange the escape: Save game here, just in case.

Move the cannon barrel to face the side of the ship. It makes a noise. Immediately enter the hatch. The guard checks the noise.

The cannon dropped a cannon ball. Take the cannon ball. It doesn't have any gunpowder.

Use the knife on the knothole at the ceiling and gunpowder pours down. Pick up the gunpowder.

Tilt the cannon barrel to the ceiling. Use gunpowder, then cannonball and then flax fiber on cannon barrel.

Tilt the loaded cannon barrel to the side of the ship.

Use the match on the lantern. Use the burning match on the cannon barrel.

A hole is made on the side of the ship. Exit through hole.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 05:54 AM

Got it!!! Now am looking for the advocates I got don juan, the captain, the bar man where are the other 2 there are only those 3 before Feodor meets the Leviathan. Who else did he ask to be an advocate I dont find it.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 01:38 PM

There's a drunken captain outside; a gambling captain right of cave and fencing captain in cave.

Use your space bar to check for active items and exits.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 06:00 PM

I went back to the WT and did not play the gambler a 2nd time would that have made a difference in order to get to get him on the list.I played him the first time and lost. Oh Doh I have to beat him dont I to get him on the list. Ok will go back and play him again.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 06:44 PM

Mag could you send me a save at the Levethian? For some reason I cant get back to play the game a 2nd time. Thanks.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/10/13 08:36 PM

See if this will work for you -

Click to reveal..

Go back to the tent at right side of the cave. Be sure that you already played a dice game and note that the dice are loaded.

Stand by the box at right. Wait until the gambling captain wins and places his winning in his pocket; then immediately take the loaded official dice from the box.

Unload the loaded the dice: Exit the tent.

Right click the dice in inventory. Feodor sees metal in the dice.

Place the dice in the bellows on the ground in front of the cooking pot. The opening is too big.

Insert Juan's smoking pipe on the bellows. Use the loaded dice in the bellows. Automatically Feodor uses the bellows and the metals on the dice are sucked out.

Go back to the tent. Place the unloaded dice back in the box.

Play the game: Talk to the captain. Ask to change sides and then risk a game.

The captain took the unloaded dice from the box.

Play the game. Use the cup at bottom right. Keep any skulls you throw. Eventually win the game.

Talk to the captain. He agrees to support Feodor because the captain is an honest man.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 12:54 AM

I didnt think I could go back it was out of sequence but it worked thank you Mag. Now I am trying to get to the thief at the bottom of the screen the first time I can see his head but every time I approach him the inventory pops up in the way. How do I keep that from happening?

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 03:12 AM

Try this: move the cursor until a label is seen or press the space bar to see where the thief is and move your cursor at that precise area and click.
I can't remember if there is a key for removing the inventory.
Check the manual if there is any or options.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 05:53 PM

When I got the game there was no manual. The only hot spots for conversation are the merchant and the beggar. When i click on the beggar Feodor says a poor old man unfortunately I cant help him. I went through the WT and I dont talk to the beggar for a long time yet.I can see the thiefs head at the bottom of the screen but cant get there. There is no hot spot for conversation for him.I can only make Feodor get close to the theif before I hit the spot with the cursor for the inventory to come up Ramons good luck piece is the only thing there should I have gotten rid of it somewhere in the game beofore this spot? If so whwre?

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 06:03 PM

Are you at the city gate?
The merchant and beggar are at the marketplace.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 06:05 PM

Yes I am at the gate. There are goats there.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 06:26 PM

Have you learned from Jamila about the black sash already.
Please read the walkthrough and see what you've missed.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 06:39 PM

Yes i talked to her and still cant get to the thief because of the inventory that keeps popping up. I get to a certain point with the cursor and Feodor and the cursor pops up in the way.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 07:22 PM

AS I mentioned before - you are not at the city gates - you are at the marketplace.
The one you see walking is not a character in the game.
Go to the City gates - as mentioned in the walkthrough:

Marketplace: Go to the marketplace and see the gate to the palace. Knock on the gate to the palace.

Talk to the merchant at left. Go back to the right.

City Gate: Go to bottom screen and try to talk to the thief. He ignores Feodor

So exit to the right at marketplace.
Then go to bottom of screen at path.
Then try to talk to the thief that is at center of the screen by City Gate.

BTW - the goats are in the marketplace. The camels are at the city gate.
Or talk to the camel merchant.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 07:42 PM

Found him!!! talked the merchant into selling us as slaves when Feordor asked Jammilla to join him the game froze. I am stuck here cant escape to go to save game the whole game froze.Anyone know how to unfreeze it? So I can continue.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/11/13 10:42 PM

Since you got out of the game to post - you can close the game and play again. See if that freeze is just a fluke.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/12/13 11:30 PM

How do I get the monastery on the map?When I click on the mountains on the wall map the Emir makes a comment about them but does not mention a monastery. I have clicked all of the important places on the wall map at the ruins. I have talked to the Emir after clicking on the mountains on the wall map and he does not mention the monastery After Feodor finds Zerzura on the map Nothing is said about the inquisitor,monastery or the key pieces. At the watering place the Emir does not point the way to the monastery. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 12:55 AM

Let's wait and see if MaG can give you some good advice on this. In the meantime, I would suggest double-checking the walkthrough just to make sure you didn't miss a step. wave

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 01:23 AM

After learning what those important places are in the map - then do this:

Use the rope on Mount Sababah - large mountain.

Click-hold the rope and move it to lie over the dove - Zerzura and the symbol for distance.

Move the knot of the rope over the dove to mark its distance.

Without moving the placed knot, move the rope until the knot crosses the watering place at bottom of the map. Feodor will say that Zerzura has to be there.

As soon as Feodor say those words - then the puzzle is done and you can continue outside.
The rest are commentary after the puzzle is completed.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 01:23 AM

I have checked the WT several times. There are no instructions on what to do to get the monastery on the map it is just stated in the WT that there is one near the mountains. It doesnt say to talk to anyone about it.I would think something should happen after Feodor says Zerzera has to be there but nothing does.After he says that the WT just says There is an old monastery by those mountains. The inquisitor travelled southeast. The pieces of the key are not just a key but insures the city can be found.but that does not happen in the game.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 01:34 AM

If you did the map correctly and Feodor stated "Zerzura has to be there" - then click on the map several times and Feodor will say all those things.
If he doesn't - redo the map again.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 03:55 AM

I fianlly got it!!thanks for the he;p I am at the gates of Zerzura the key from the statue in the room was in the inventory before they ran to the Gates. When I get to the Gates the key is gone. I have done this 3 times the key is there when I jump from the room. When we get to Zerzura no key in the inventory only the iron cross,

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 04:54 AM

Are you asking about the key fragments?
If so you should see them when you do-zoom in on the key puzzle on the gate door.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 05:26 AM

Doh!!Splashing my face with cold water to wake me up!!The key is the fragments!!Ok got them in but cant open the door the eye icon which is #5 is an ear of corn. I have searched with a mag glass all over that wheel and dont see an eye like the one on the border. No matter how I work it the door does not open. The nest is 2 over to the right of
#3.#3 on the WT looks like the head of a Jackal.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 02:36 PM

The pieces might not be set - check that each piece is attached correctly to its neighbors.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 06:52 PM

I have put the pieces in several times and the door still will not open. Can you please send me a saved game to get me past the gate?

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 07:38 PM

Saved game sent.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 09:40 PM

Thanks Mag how do I know what number to change the saves to. There is no number listed in the game.It is not listed in my program files under C disk. I am using Windows 7.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 09:40 PM

You've used several of my saves before on this game. Do it the same way.

The saved game folder is in My Documents.
Check the last number there.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/13/13 11:12 PM

I found it changed the number put it in saved games and still not working the game I was playing was an autosave are they numbered?

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 12:53 AM

Did you changed the number of all 3 files?
Be careful of spaces and extensions.
Use the load screen to open the sent saved game.
Scroll through the load page to look for the installed saved game.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 01:46 AM

I found the saved game file changed the number dropped the saves in the saved game file and still does not work I used an autosave game are those numbered?

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 02:38 AM

I don't think the auto saved game file is numbered.

Did you scroll the load page?

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 05:20 AM

yes I scrolled it will save a game and try again. That may be the problem

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 06:42 PM

I saved the game changed the number dropped the saved games in the saved game file. The picture of the city is there when I load it I am not in the city. I dont understand why this is not working. The load game takes me to the city gate where I have to put the key together. I put it together Ramon tells the story of the gate Feodor repeats the parts of the key that need to be marked. Turn the key to the right pieces and nothing happens.When I turn it to the right pieces there is a clunk sound except for the bird it clicks.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 07:08 PM

Maybe you didn't change the number of all 3 files I sent. It should be inside the gate already.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 08:28 PM

I changed all 3 files they are all in the saved game file. However one was scanned for virus could that have affected it? I click on the saved game in the file and it is the open gate and the town it is the last number on the list. I just don't understand why it wont work. The saved game that comes up when I load it is the picture outside the gate.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: dogpenny
I changed all 3 files they are all in the saved game file. However one was scanned for virus could that have affected it?

I don't think so. wave

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 09:01 PM

I just found 4 saves that may be the problem they are autosave bmp picture at the gate the autosave info flle cant be found auto save xml file cant find the file. the current bmp is the gate. Should I delete those? They are not numbered I just checked the saves you sent me the info file and the xml file cant be found.Just the picture comes up on the bmp file of the saves you sent.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/14/13 11:51 PM

I'll send you an new set.
Remove the files that you placed there so that there are no duplicated ones.
You don't need to touch the autosaves. The game does that automatically.

When you renumber - be very careful of the spaces, periods and the extensions.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/15/13 07:09 AM

I worked on this most of the day on this one place and Mag you were absolutely wonderful trying to help me but I think I am going to give it up for now. I cant open the gate with the key after Ramon tells the gate story Feodor repeats the sequence he even takes Ramon's notes and the key still will not work. The save games don't work I have done them exactly as you told me to but they just will not jump to Zerzura I will come back in a week or so and try again. I cant thank you enough Mag for all your help.

Re: Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - 06/15/13 02:05 PM

Ruth,

Be sure that you have placed the handle inside the circle and then turn it to place the correct symbol at the correct place. Rest and then try again.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/15/13 08:47 PM

YAY!!!HOORAY!!!JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND DANCING AROUND THE ROOM!!!!I finished the game!!!!. I never saw it before but after you try a few times to open the gate and it does not open a circle appears right lower screen with a Laurel leaf head piece you click that it asks if you want to skip the mini game click the check mark for yes and you can enter the city. I feel so bad Mag for all the time you spent with me yesterday. You should put that in the walk through.I really enjoyed this game because there were so many things to do to solve puzzles and the graphics were wonderful. I hope they plan a Zerzura 2 with more of Feodor's adventures.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/15/13 09:02 PM

Congratulations on finishing! thumbsup There are games that I certainly never would have finished without MaG's help. smile

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/15/13 09:48 PM

Mag was an outstanding help. Had I paid attention to the game I would have seen the game escape sooner. I dont know what attracted me to it this time but I am glad it did. This was a great game with so many puzzles and parts to puzzles. It was enjoyable from beginning to end. Now on to try and figure out why a puzzle part is missing in Conspiraces 2.

Re: lost Chronicles Zerzura - 06/15/13 10:55 PM

Glad you got through, Dutch.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community