GB HOMEPAGE

the longest journey

Posted By: robert gray

the longest journey - 06/24/13 04:08 PM

hi, can someone tell me how to obtain the gold ring when talking to Fiona? robert.
Posted By: Marian

Re: the longest journey - 06/24/13 04:14 PM

You need to give Fiona a pink note in order to get the gold ring; have you shown that note to her? wave

Re: the longest journey - 06/24/13 08:01 PM

do i REALLY need the gold ring? i still cant' get it. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 06/24/13 08:22 PM

Yes, you do need the ring. If I remember correctly, though, you will also see Fiona at the beginning of Chapter Two and can get the ring from her then as well. Have you been to the notice board and read the note before you try to talk to Fiona? wave

Re: the longest journey - 06/24/13 11:41 PM

yes, i have but no luck talking to Fiona. i will try chapter 2. thanks, robert.
Posted By: MaG

Re: the longest journey - 06/25/13 02:24 PM

Keep us posted. luck
Posted By: diver

Re: the longest journey - 06/26/13 10:34 PM

i found that u have to do everything in sequence. i used the wt and had no trouble getting the ring.

ONE of the best games i ever played.

enjoy

Re: the longest journey - 06/28/13 04:51 PM

hi Mag, not to belabour the subject but i am having difficulty following the w/t after giving the pink note to Fiona to get the gold ring. what are the exact steps please? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 06/28/13 05:17 PM

This walkthrough might be better for you -click here.

Re: the longest journey - 07/02/13 02:36 PM

hi Mag. thanks, i got the gold ring. further on, while your w/t is fairly comprehensive, i just cannot get all 4 levers horizontal, i can only manage 3. any tips? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/02/13 03:22 PM

Hi robert, have you followed the walkthrough for this puzzle? If you have, it wouldn't hurt to try following these instructions again.

Machine: Go to the machine on the left screen by the door. Save game here.
1. Use the ring on the 2 separated wires to get power to the machine.
2. Set all 4 levers to the horizontal position by flipping the left and right screws. The left screw holds in place any of the levers (seen with red light) and the right screw moves the other 3 levers.
a. From Left to right - Keep the red light on #1 lever and click on right screw to have 1 and 2 levers similar in position.
b. Click on left screw to move red light to #3 lever and then move the right screw so that 1, 2, 3 are in the same position.
c. Click on left screw to move red light to #4 lever which should now be in horizontal position (if not in horizontal position start over using the saved game) and then click on right screw to have them all in horizontal.
3. Turn the valve of the tank on the left and that will move the pressure gauge from 100 to 37.5.
4. Turn the wheel to drain the water.
5. Take the clamp off the tubing. When you exit, April will take her ring back or take the ring before exiting.

wave

Re: the longest journey - 07/04/13 07:09 PM

hi marian, after taking the band-aid from the rubber ducky, how do i get to the subway? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/04/13 07:31 PM

Hi robert, I don't know exactly your location in the game right now, but here are some instructions on how to get to the subway station when you are at the cafe. From the cafe, take the path branching off to the left near the Border House path, or you can also get there by going to the park and then taking the left path. Then, go down the stairs and look at the gene scanner. wave

Re: the longest journey - 07/15/13 08:19 PM

hi marian, i have finished with the archive, or so i thought,but when i try to leave, April says words to the effect she shouldn't leave till she has all the information she needs. i have the data cube and printout. what more information do i need? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/15/13 08:45 PM

Hi robert, if you have the datacube and a printout, have you also:

Click to reveal..
taken a look at the computer screen and fixed Warren's record by clicking on "edit?" Have you also looked at Warren's profile where it says something about his sister and his family and then clicked on the capital letters with Erica's name to get her colonization number, and then searched for her number? Have you also looked at the info on the Church of Voltec and clicked on "Jacob McAllen" and then run a search on that name?

I hope you are enjoying the game. wave

Re: the longest journey - 07/15/13 11:38 PM

hi marian, excuse my stupidity please but i do not understand your explanation. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/16/13 12:03 AM

Hi robert, no problem, let's try again. Here is what MaG's walkthrough says about the archives; feel free to read it over and see what you may have missed. This should be a better explanation. smile

Quote:
Exit and go to the door at right of the pop machine. Use Minnelli's eye on retinal scanner. In the Archive room is a printer, computer and control panel. Use the computer and search for Warren Hughes. Click on 'Erika Hughes' to remember her colonization number. Click on 'delete' and then 'print' on the screen. Click on 'Main' and search (scroll down) for the col#0050123185353260 (if you search for Erika Hughes or Vanguard, there will be no info available). Print the info about Erika Drake. Click on 'main' again and search for Church of Voltec. Click on Jacob McAllen's name on the screen. Search for Jacob McAllen and after the warning, click continue and look close at the code at bottom right (make note of it). Go back to 'main' and select Log off. Take the printouts from the printer. Look at and use control panel. Enter the code seen on Jacob McAllen's search. Click on buttons 11, 16, 1 and 8. Look at the Vanguard folder automatically placed in inventory and find the Vanguard datacube.

Re: the longest journey - 07/20/13 07:51 PM

hi Marian, i am at the Enclave and which book should i ask Minstrum Yerin for the 'flying people'?. i eventually want to ask Captain Nebevay about the island of Alais. robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: the longest journey - 07/20/13 08:00 PM

Hi Robert,

MaG's walkthrough says:

After the long commentaries, say "I'm looking for some information, but I'm not sure which book to ask for".

In your dialogue box you should then see a line that mentions the flying people. If you can't see that line, you might need to scroll down the dialogue box. There could be too many lines to fit onscreen at one time. Minstrum Yerin should then bring you the book about the Alatians.

Re: the longest journey - 07/20/13 11:27 PM

hi Rushes, i am not too sure what you mean by 'dialogue box'. could you specify please. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/20/13 11:30 PM

It's the selectable lines of dialogue that appear for you to click on, usually at the bottom of the game screen. smile

There's a LOT of dialogue in this section at the enclave. It'll take quite a while to get through it all, if you want to cover everything.

Re: the longest journey - 07/21/13 06:14 PM

hi Rushes, how many times do i have to read and re-read these books ad nauseum until i get to the one about 'flying people'? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/21/13 06:29 PM

Did you talk to Brian Westhouse yet, and did he mention the "flying people"?

You need to have covered this topic in dialogue with other characters first, in order to be able to ask about it at the enclave.

Then, at the enclave, choose the line "I'm looking for some information, but I'm not sure which book to ask for...", and you should see an option to select for "the flying people".

Re: the longest journey - 07/22/13 06:56 PM

hi Rushes, i got the 'flying people' book ok. thanks. after getting the bird and calling him 'crow', how do i get the map merchant to give me the map of the Northlands to find Tun Luiec? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/22/13 07:05 PM

Hi Robert,

You need to give him the delivery list from your inventory. He'll only accept it if you completed the last delivery that he gave to you and acquired a signature for it. What was the last delivery that you made? You should have clicked the list on that person to get their signature of receipt for the map. luck

Re: the longest journey - 07/22/13 07:44 PM

hi Rushes. i cannot remember the last delivery i made. is there any way to find out? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 07/22/13 07:51 PM

I think if you examine the delivery list in close-up in inventory, it'll tell you.

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 04:24 PM

hi Rushes, i am now at sea and i can't get the captain to take away the talisman to hide it from the spirit compass. what have i done wrong? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 04:31 PM

Hi robert,

Did you manage to distract both the Captain and Tun so that you could use the talisman on the compass?

Double check that you have exhausted all dialogue with Tun, after she returns to the wheel. You need to speak with her a couple of times.

Is the storm approaching yet? That's when you know to try to take back the talisman from the compass. Then the Captain should catch you at it and take it himself.

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 06:31 PM

hi rushes, i still can't get the captain to take the talisman. is there any more you can tell me - keywords from the game, for example, to help please? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 06:54 PM

Hi robert, have you done the following?

Click to reveal..
Go to the bridge and show the worm-eaten apple to the captain. He leaves the bridge.
Talk to the navigator and propose to 'have the wheel'.
When she disappears, use the talisman with the compass.

When the navigator returns tell her you think the course is wrong and she will change it.

The storm worsens.
She says it's lucky you told her to change course because of the reeves.

You are frightened and take the talisman off the compass.

wave

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 06:56 PM

Take a peek at THIS YouTube video -- it covers all you need to do up to the point of getting the Captain to take the talisman, and should show what you might have missed. luck

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 08:00 PM

thanks for the youtube Rushes but it stops at the crucial point so i am none the wiser. do you have the next part of the video? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/02/13 08:46 PM

Here's the next part of the video, robert. wave

Re: the longest journey - 08/03/13 12:46 AM

thanks Rushes and Marian. i finally got the captain to take the talisman. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/03/13 01:12 AM

Glad to hear it, robert - onward! thumbsup wave

Re: the longest journey - 08/03/13 11:29 PM

hi Marian,i am on the second part of the stone altar puzzle and i don't know where to move the maerum ring to in front of the one-eyed pyramid. where is the one-eyed pyramid tag? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/03/13 11:45 PM

On the second part of the stone altar puzzle, the walkthrough says that you have to move (using the hand possibly several times) a ring tag to the front of a tag with opposite properties, and that you need to move the merpeople ring in front of the one-eyed pyramid. I don't remember where the one-eyed pyramid tag is exactly. If you are still having trouble with this, I will try to find some more info somewhere. wave

Re: the longest journey - 08/04/13 12:06 AM

hi Marian, if you could do so, yes please. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/04/13 12:11 AM

This video might help with orientation. The puzzle starts at around 1:45 minutes into the video. wave

And here's a bit more info that might help:

Each of the four inner rings needs to face its opposite.
Align the fire with the water tag.
Align the bird with the fish tag.
Align the pot with the harpoon tag.
Align the Maerum with the pyramid tag.
The rings should lock in place once you're right.
Each of the crystals needs to face the relevant tag.
Put the first crystal on the bottom right button.
Put the second crystal on the top left slot.
Put the third crystal on the top right slot.
Put the fourth crystal on the bottom left slot.
Note: The crystals may have changed their order in your inventory. Hover over the crystal to make sure that it really is the first.
Turn the bottom right crystal once.
Turn the top left crystal once.
Turn the top right crystal twice.
Turn the bottom left crystal twice.
The center altar should light up to signal your victory.
Look at the paintings on the wall to see the surprising history of the Maerum.
Go back to the city and tell the Queen about your discovery.

luck

Re: the longest journey - 08/11/13 12:58 AM

hi Marian, i got your video ok and solved the Maerum puzzle. thanks. now i am following Mag's w/t and having a tough time trying to awaken Q'aman using the communication system. can you help? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/11/13 01:49 AM

Robert,

See if this page helps. luck

Re: the longest journey - 08/11/13 02:06 AM

Glad to hear you got past that puzzle, robert. thumbsup

Re: the longest journey - 08/12/13 04:35 PM

hi Mag, how do i use Mouth until Q'aman agrees to see me? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/12/13 05:12 PM

Hi robert,

If you've done everything necessary up to this point:

Use the mouth icon on the tall trees statue's 'ears'.
Watch April's shout go throughout the island and wakes Q'aman. Talk to Q'aman using the large trees statue's ears.

If April doesn't shout, then you'll need to double check all of your statue settings.

luck

Re: the longest journey - 08/14/13 04:07 PM

hi Rushes, am i supposed to find/do something with the ?loudspeaker in the crown of the tree? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/14/13 07:53 PM

Not with the loudspeaker itself, no. Just click on it for info/April's comment. What have you managed to do so far? Has April shouted to/woken Q'aman yet? Have you used the statue key on all of the statues?

Use the statue key on the statues. Then click on the left arrow to move the top wheel and the right arrow to move the bottom wheel. Take the key after the correct icons are placed.

Large trees statues: Top wheel to send to cliff. Bottom wheel to receive from itself - tall trees.

Cliff statue: Top wheel to send to ruin. Bottom wheel to receive from large trees.

Old city statue: Top wheel to send to volcano. Bottom wheel to receive from cliff.

Use the mouth icon on the tall trees statue's 'ears'.

Re: the longest journey - 08/14/13 08:19 PM

hi Rushes, i've repeated Mag's w/t for the umpteenth time but i don't think i managed to wake Q'aman this time once again. i need some assistance. just for asking's sake, how do you use mouth icon on tall tree's statue's ears? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/14/13 10:49 PM

Hi robert, I don't know if this is exactly where you are in the game, but maybe watching this video will help. Let us know. wave

Re: the longest journey - 08/15/13 04:08 PM

hi Marian, the video looks very interesting but at which point do you start off? when i try it, i can't get into the jungle to talk to the big mouth. i keep getting 'i will get lost...'. i must be starting off at the wrong place. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/15/13 04:42 PM

Robert,

Have you done this part of the walkthrough:
Go back to the beach. Try to go to the jungle but April is afraid to get lost (trigger for Crow). Stand close to the jungle, use the flute to call Crow. Talk to Crow and then pick him up and click him on jungle. Crow flies off and will direct April if she gets lost in the jungle. Go to the volcano.

Re: the longest journey - 08/15/13 04:44 PM

Hi robert, here is a video walkthrough prior to that part of the game. Maybe this will help as well.

Longest Journey

Re: the longest journey - 08/15/13 06:11 PM

thanks Mag, i tried starting off elsewhere and i finally got through to Q'aman. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/15/13 08:41 PM

Have fun.

Re: the longest journey - 08/15/13 11:53 PM

hi Mag, i might have asked before, but how do i clear more save slots? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 12:09 AM

You have more than 70 saved games?

I'm not sure if the saved game files can be overwritten.
If not - try and make a new folder in the saved game folder and place some of your old saved game files in there.
See if it frees up the saved game slots.

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 03:11 PM

hi Mag, how do you make a new folder from a saved game folder? i have used up all the game 'boxes'. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 03:30 PM

Inside the saved game folder, right click and select "New", and then "Folder". That will create an empty yellow sub-folder which you can title as "OldSaves" (or whatever). Then move some of your earlier individual save files across into that new folder. luck

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 04:19 PM

i am sorry Rushes, but i don't see any 'new' when i right-click a game folder. i must be doing something wrong. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 05:13 PM

Open the folder.
In an empty space inside that folder; right click.
On the drop down menu select "new" and then "folder". luck

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 06:28 PM

i must be misconstruing 'saved game folder'. how elementary! that's the only thing i can think of. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 10:08 PM

Are you okay now, Robert?

Re: the longest journey - 08/16/13 11:42 PM

not really, Mag. what's your definition of saved game folder? we cannot be talking about the same thing. robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/17/13 12:10 AM

Saved game folder - to me it is the folder were the saved game files are kept. smile

Re: the longest journey - 08/23/13 06:30 PM

Mag, i have entered the MTI building and Jacob Mcallen's office. i am having some trouble with the vanguard experiment-creature mutant. do you have a youtube video handy showing all, please? robert.

Re: the longest journey - 08/23/13 07:51 PM

Hi robert, if neither one of these videos pertains to where you are exactly in the game, please let me know, as you may be further along than this. smile

Longest Journey part 114

Longest Journey part 115
Posted By: christy071

Re: the longest journey - 01/31/14 12:02 AM

Hi everyone I decided to play the longest journey again but I am stuck already can someone send me a save for the border house machine I can't get the levers to go in he horizontal position thank you will be waiting for reply

Re: the longest journey - 01/31/14 03:03 AM

My saves are not labeled. I sent you several saved games that might help. Hopefully what you need is there.
Good luck.

Re: the longest journey - 01/31/14 03:40 AM

thank you Mag I will check

Re: the longest journey - 01/31/14 04:51 PM

How's it going, Christy?

Re: the longest journey - 02/01/14 01:37 PM

Hi Mag sorry still working on it forgot how to add the saves to the game. If you could send me instructions. It would be a great help I have a windows 8 hp thank you.

Re: the longest journey - 02/01/14 03:47 PM

I sent you some notes.

Re: the longest journey - 02/06/14 08:14 PM

thank you Mag for your help finally got it
© 2024 GameBoomers Community