GB HOMEPAGE

White wolf of Icicle Creek

Posted By: jazzriver

White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 06:59 PM

How do you catch the easter egg? What part of the egg do you snag? The top part or the bottom?
Posted By: Marian

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 07:18 PM

There's a video here that shows the catching of the Easter egg; maybe this will help. The fishing starts around the 5-minute mark. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 08:25 PM

I caught it. Thanks.

Another question. What can you do while you're waiting for meal time to use the paprika? There's nothing on the check list that I can do.
No one will talk. Not even Ned. I tried calling Hannah just for fun but she doesn't answer.
All of the rooms have been cleaned.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 09:09 PM

Hmm. Have you tried taking a walk out to Trapper Dan's Needle and look at where Nancy ended up buried in snow? You can also try to get some more Toasty Packs from Freddie, too. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 09:36 PM

Yes, I've been back out to Trapper Dan's Needle. I've followed the wolf tracks until Nancy refused to go further. I'll guess I'll play with Freddie. Thanks. This timed aspect makes for a boring game because you have to do everything around cooking. There is a lot of wasted time.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 10:00 PM

There are instances in the game where you actually need to cook meals (like to determine who does or doesn't like paprika), but you really don't have to cook each and every meal throughout the game; nothing game-ending will happen. You will just get scolded. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/26/13 10:28 PM

I put the paprika on the meals but nothing happened. No one said anything. And Nancy still says that she still needs to do it.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/27/13 12:28 AM

Have you cooked the food with paprika added for everyone listed on the survey (and still at the lodge)? wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/28/13 08:25 PM

Yes, I did. I put it on their burgers but I guess you have to put it on the salads.
Posted By: MaG

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/28/13 11:10 PM

Yes - Add paprika to the salad after the croutons. luck

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 06/29/13 03:19 AM

Okay, thanks.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 08:30 PM

How do you play the fox and geese game? I just don't understand it.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 09:08 PM

Here is an explanation from the walkthrough:

Quote:
Move the geese around until the fox is cornered in the area you need.

The strategy is to herd the fox (pig) by surrounding him with the geese squares placed one square away from the fox (pig).

Move the pig area geese down and slowly surround the opponent. Leave a space on the area you want to herd the opponent in (usually the corners). The side area geese that is not in play might need to be moved to the fox area to block the opponent going-hiding back there.

When you get close to the opponent be sure that it can not jump over the goose so that the goose is taken out.

Some sacrifices might need to be done to herd it in the corner though. Be sure to have the back and sides of the goose covered.

The win makes the eye of the animals glow and the bars in the vault maze will be removed.

There is also a video of the game being played here. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 09:27 PM

That didn't help. I tried to do what the video showed and it didn't work.
Posted By: MaG

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 09:38 PM

It takes strategy to play this game - just like chess.
You need to herd and corner the fox.
In this Nancy Drew - you need to herd the fox in 3 corners.
Playing the game over and over will give you a feel for it.

We do have a saved game if you want.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 09:40 PM

I don't play chess. I followed the moves in that video exactly and it didn't work at all.
When I played the fox did not make the moves that the fox in that video made. It just did not work.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 09:49 PM

The game doesn't play out the same way every time; that video was just a demonstration of one player's strategy. I think it resembles Chinese Checkers more than it does chess. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 09:55 PM

I don't play Chinese Checkers. Or Checkers or Chess. Whenever I try to move the pieces to one side the pig goes up into the empty space and I can't move.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 10:21 PM

I can send you a saved game for after Nancy has won all three fox and geese games if you would like; the saved game is for junior level. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 10:27 PM

Yes, please, a saved game would be great. I just can't win at this game.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 10:28 PM

Saved game has been sent. wave

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 11:03 PM

Thank you so so much.

Re: White wolf of Icicle Creek - 07/05/13 11:13 PM

You're welcome - enjoy the game. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community